Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

8/7 Training Camp "Tweets" Thread

195 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm not basing my opinion on that at all, I was just stating the fact.

I'm basing my opinion on the assumption and technically fact that our defense needs more help than our offense, so why waste a roster spot on a seventh wide out when we can carry an extra defensive player.

No use arguing about it. In the Hurney interview posted recently, he said they didn't even know how many WRs they'd carry on the final roster and said 6 or 7. So, there's at least a possibility of carrying 7. I expect the final number will probably be 6, but 7 wouldn't shock me.

Posted

Steve Reed@SteveReed_AP

Ron Rivera: Steve Smith has bruised knee. "He's fine," Rivera said

Steve Reed@SteveReed_AP

DeAngelo Williams was excused from practice to attend a funeral back home. Should be back at camp tonight

Jonathan Jones@jjones9

Smith tweaked his knee early in practice. He sat with ice as precaution. Rivera said he'll be back at practice tomorrow

Steve Reed@SteveReed_AP

Rivera: Hangartner had the day off.

Carolina Panthers@Panthers

Panthers plan to move Wednesday's practice to a 10:30 a.m. start in response to rainy forecast

Posted

No use arguing about it. In the Hurney interview posted recently, he said they didn't even know how many WRs they'd carry on the final roster and said 6 or 7. So, there's at least a possibility of carrying 7. I expect the final number will probably be 6, but 7 wouldn't shock me.

I agree, I'm not the GM; so I'm not going to pretend like I am and speculate on all this...

However, it's foolish (in my opinion) to blatantly root against players on the team you pull for... The last thing players need is individuals (who pull for that particular team) rooting for them to fail, they already have enough people doing that (fans who root for opposing teams).

Posted

stop

1 person likes this

Posted

@josephperson

Panthers ran some Wildcat today, with former Appalachian State QB Armanti Edwards and WR Brandon LaFell splitting the reps. Based on how LaFell threw the ball, clear he was not a QB at LSU.

Posted

Person is trolling me

4 people like this

Posted

Lafell wildcat QB. haha

Posted

Lol Panthro

Posted

Three years.

That is the average time it takes most receivers to adjust to the NFL, and have a true impact season.

Most fans won't give a natural receiver that much time. You expect them to give that much time for an althete to learn the position, so that he can have an impact?

You obviously don't know the huddle.

Posted

Got some great pics and a few videos. One is if that great Keuchley pick right in front of me. I'll post when I can get to a computer

Tutu looked awesome today and so did Armanti

DA played way more than Clausen

Murphy had some nice plays and stayed after for some extra time with cam

Never bring a YMCA day camp to practice. Ever. And don't even attempt to get an autograph wearing a Jets jersey

Apparently its OK to hit on girls standing with their boyfriends

Jordan Senn signed my growl towel though!

2 people like this

Posted

@SteveReed_AP

Roger Allen working today as the first team RG for Panthers with Piggy on the sidelines.

This is the most interesting nugget so far.

Posted

Three years.

That is the average time it takes most receivers to adjust to the NFL, and have a true impact season.

Most fans won't give a natural receiver that much time. You expect them to give that much time for an althete to learn the position, so that he can have an impact?

You obviously don't know the huddle.

difference being other recently converted QBs drafted to play WR logged at least double digit receptions at this point. Hard to put faith in something when has never even logged 1