Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kentucky has #1 recruiting class in nation

83 posts in this topic

Posted

Kentucky:

Where the horses are beautiful and the women are fast.

Posted

I know a lot of people want to trash the Kentucky program and I'm a UNC fan, so I want to as well. But right now they are the number one team in the nation in wins all time, THE NUMBER ONE TEAM BAR NONE. Why would you try to trash them for that, I can't?

Posted

I know a lot of people want to trash the Kentucky program and I'm a UNC fan, so I want to as well. But right now they are the number one team in the nation in wins all time, THE NUMBER ONE TEAM BAR NONE. Why would you try to trash them for that, I can't?

you cant do too much of it, so thats why kentucky is a boring state...

i cant argue that we are down, and UNC is up... WAY up... but i think and truly believe college basketball will be much more fun for the next couple years with UK, UNC, Kansas, and all the other powers (ucla, mich st etc) being good...

anywho, enough of the childish bitching.. lets get back to bitching about each others basketball programs... :D

Posted

UK is (and always will be) the premier basketball program in the country...Nobody really holds a candle to them in the history department. If you want to talk second place then you have to talk about UCLA and then everyone else. Those two programs are the two best IMO.

Posted

UK is (and always will be) the premier basketball program in the country...Nobody really holds a candle to them in the history department. If you want to talk second place then you have to talk about UCLA and then everyone else. Those two programs are the two best IMO.

UCLA had one decade of Greatness and in all honesty they are a little down the ladder with premier program talk IMO

you have Kentucky, Carolina, Kansas, and Duke

That folks is your premier programs ranked 1-4 in most wins with over 1800 games and all of them have 3 or more National Championships

Posted

UCLA had one decade of Greatness and in all honesty they are a little down the ladder with premier program talk IMO

you have Kentucky, Carolina, Kansas, and Duke

That folks is your premier programs ranked 1-4 in most wins with over 1800 games and all of them have 3 or more National Championships

You have to factor in ALL history. UCLA has 11 national championships...That is as many as Duke, UNC, and Kansas COMBINED. You can't say..."o they are down so they aren't in the top 4 ever."

Not to mention Ben Howland had taken them to what...3 straight final fours up until last year?

If you talk to anyone who knows basketball UCLA is in the conversation with Kentucky, UNC, and Kansas and maybe at the top of the list for people that live on the west coast. We tend to forget about the WC because of where we live...

Posted

UCLA had a good run, and that is about it...besides one good season in 94-95, what have they done in the past 30 years? Put Kevin Love in the NBA:lol:

Posted

You have to factor in ALL history. UCLA has 11 national championships...That is as many as Duke, UNC, and Kansas COMBINED. You can't say..."o they are down so they aren't in the top 4 ever."

Not to mention Ben Howland had taken them to what...3 straight final fours up until last year?

If you talk to anyone who knows basketball UCLA is in the conversation with Kentucky, UNC, and Kansas and maybe at the top of the list for people that live on the west coast. We tend to forget about the WC because of where we live...

yeah but how much controversy did that "history" bring those 10 straight years of winning a NC? Anybody that knows basketball knows that Sam Gilbert brought more controversy to the UCLA program, more than LArry Brown did with KAnsas and more than Calvin Sampson did with Oklahoma and Indiana. So, without Gilbert I wonder how many NC's would UCLA actually have won

Edit: Also, what have they really done since they got off the probation that Sam Gilbert put them them on in 81.....95 they actually won the title and finally now they are starting to become more consistent now that Howland has taken over. Some might say Arizona completely took over the PAC-10 during UCLA's hibernation period....I mean KEntucky, Carolina, Kansas, and Duke have at least always battled for the top spot in their conferences minus a few years instead of a few decades

Posted

I think UCLA is number one. Titles, players in the NBA, etc....all-time wins...UK has been around a lot longer than UCLA, and UNC has been around even longer than UK.

UCLA had 10 of its 11 titles under one man, true, but they also have four coaches who have gotten them to the Final Four. Actually, five, although Larry Brown's was vacated, I think.

This thread has mostly been about UK and UNC, but if you look, Kansas is right behind UNC. I think UK gets to 2000 first, but the race to 2100 will be awesome to watch. UK is back. All of the top programs are pretty much back. College hoops should be fun to watch the next decade.

Posted

I thought Kentucky was one of the oldest teams?? Carolina was established in 1910, where I thought Kentucky was like late 1800s - early 1900s

I guess you should put UCLA in the premier list, but I just think it is so hard when so much controversy has riddled their program throughout history....You look at the other 4 teams I mentioned minus Larry Brown and Rupp's racism there really hasn't been any controversy with their past

Posted

7, bitches. Get some.

Keep running that one into the ground. I bet it makes UK fans feel much better about UNC winning 2 titles in the last five seasons, erasing your all time wins lead and solidifying the Heels as the current standard in college basketball. Maybe you guys can win something in the coming decade so you can freshen up your material and not be forced to continuously talk about trophies that have a inch of dust on them.

Posted

SEVEN>five