Stumpy

Cam Ward Trolls Hard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts
  • LocationHickory

Posted 23 August 2012 - 06:20 PM

^Heard it was a failed drug test.

Must've been toking up to relieve the anxiety of having to go up against the Living Legend...

Posted Image

#17 Raleighcat83

Raleighcat83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:28 PM

Well, I'll be arriving in Atlanta one week from tonight. Hope I don't run into that giant McCullers fugger.

#18 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,737 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:09 AM

Well, I'll be arriving in Atlanta one week from tonight. Hope I don't run into that giant McCullers fugger.

When in atlanta I suggest wearing a body condom like in Naked Gun

#19 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:07 AM

Pretty sure O'Brien just moved a safety over to Justin Hunter's side. I actually have always thought Hunter was better than Rogers, but it's still obviously a huge blow. We have a kid that was the #1 JC receiver last year, but who knows if he'll really pan-out in the SEC. I felt confident about this game yesterday morning. Now I'd call it a coin-flip.

#20 Johnny Kilroy

Johnny Kilroy

Kilroy Kicks Butt

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,648 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:33 AM

Yeah Hunter is a better receive than Rogers

#21 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,614 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:40 AM

Archer and Tenuta are going to dial up the pressure most likely out of a 4-2-5 defense to get Dontae Johnson on the field as much as possible. If we get pressure to Bray then I really like our chances because he is going to force a couple and our secondary is extremely opportunistic. If Bray has a ton of time to throw then our defense will struggle because our LBs will get lost.

On offense...Our receivers are extremely unproven. Tobais Palmer is really the only guy who is returning who has significant game experience and he's really just a little burner, not a great target. Asa Watson is a TE that you should look out for...he's got receiver speed but TE body. Our running game is mostly going to be James Washington and Tony Creecy. If Mustafa Greene is in shape then he'll get some carries too (which hopefully he is becuase he's our best back and IMO one of the best in the ACC). Glennon is Glennon...he's accurate, has a strong arm, is mobile enough to manipulate the pocket but HAS TO HAVE an OL that will stand up to a pass rush if he's going to be successful.

I have no clue how good the Vols D is but TOBs teams just find ways to score points every year no matter what so I think we could put up 24. I'm really excited about our defense though...We have a ton of depth on the DL and Amerson essentially shuts down 1/2 of the field so a lot of our success is going to hinge on getting the the QB and stopping the run against a big/physical SEC OL.

I think these two teams are extremely similar in that both have QBs who are looking to make a name as 1st round picks, both are teams who are trying to move out of "mediocre" and into "elite" in their respective conferences, and both coaches have pretty old-school mentalities (even though Dooley is very young). This game I think will be won in the trenches and because I am really hoping that this is the year that TOB can FINALLY put together a decent offensive line...I'm going 24-21 NCSU (and REALLY HOPING that our OL doesn't suck as bad as they have in the past).

#22 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:37 AM

This year we've got a new o-line coach working with a very experienced o-line. On Tennessee's side, I think a lot will hinge on whether or not we can run the ball. Last season we were one of the worst running teams in the country. This year, our starter is a guy that was a WR last season...so of course we are nervous again.
The defense rarely had much to work with last year after Bray got hurt, so we gave up a lot of points. This year, we've got Sal Sunseri as defensive coordinator, and I really think a lot of him. Probably the most talented players on our defense are the LBs. We are running a 3-4 now, and at least three of the LBs that will be on the field are pro-talent.
One week away! This can't get here soon though. I agree that the score will end up coming down to about a field goal. Oh yeah, I forgot...we have a terrible kicker! Damn. I forgot about him.
Also, Mustafa is the coolest name for a football player I've ever heard.

#23 Raleighcat83

Raleighcat83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:25 PM

Can't wait to get back to tailgating. Don't wanna hear Rocky Top a million times next weekend, hopefully Tennessee people will find some other songs they like between now and then. Do wanna smash a Tenessee coed while I'm down there. You're right, all football players should be named Mustafa.

#24 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:52 AM

Just heard that you guys lost a starting CB for this game. Gotta say I'm a little relieved about that. I know he wasn't one of the studs of the secondary, but any help we can get is essential right now.
I'm really getting excited for this game.

By the way, I heard an interview with Dan McCullers yesterday, and he said he was from Raleigh. I didn't know that during his recruiting because he was a JC player from GEorgia Military, but yeah...he's from there.

#25 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,682 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:50 PM

Not photoshopped. here's one of him next to some fellow defensive players.

http://www.govolsxtr.../aug/18/251376/

If that is not photoshopped and he is 6'6", then that coach must be 4'6". He looks 2 feet bigger than the coach.

#26 Raleighcat83

Raleighcat83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:33 PM

Just heard that you guys lost a starting CB for this game. Gotta say I'm a little relieved about that. I know he wasn't one of the studs of the secondary, but any help we can get is essential right now.
I'm really getting excited for this game.

By the way, I heard an interview with Dan McCullers yesterday, and he said he was from Raleigh. I didn't know that during his recruiting because he was a JC player from GEorgia Military, but yeah...he's from there.

You never want to lose anybody obviously, but CJ Wilson had lost the starting job anyway to Donte Johnson. Wilson would have played in nickel situations, but was the weak link, to the extent there was one, in the secondary.

#27 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,737 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:10 PM

<<<

Posted Image

#28 Ncstatefan

Ncstatefan

GO PACK!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:05 PM

Heading down for the game tomorrow morning...

Predicting a 28-21 State victory

#29 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,737 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:06 PM

any pack fans in wilmington?

I have TWC and I don't have ESPNU so I'll have to go to a sportz bar

Fuuuuuuuck :(

#30 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:58 PM

I can't take the anticipation much longer. I wanted so badly to go to this game. That all ended when they put us on Friday night.
I'm really thinking this is a game that will be won late in the 4th.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com