• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#106 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,977 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:45 PM

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I pull for all of our local teams despite being a UNC graduate... I just think it's only fair to throw a few low blows in there whenever State doesn't show up this year, being that they took it upon themselves to play detective and kick my school when we were down.

#107 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,764 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:58 PM

Why couldn't you let us cheat and get away with it BAWWWW

#108 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,889 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:02 PM

The football players were too distracted by the teams message board to beat Tennessee bawwwwww

#109 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,175 posts
  • Location704

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:07 AM

Tonight David Amerson made Captain Munnerlyn look like Charles Woodson.

GREAT DAY TO BE A TARHEEL

#110 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,977 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:24 AM

Why couldn't you let us cheat and get away with it BAWWWW

The hilarious thing is, no one is saying that. I am a firm believer in you reap what you sow. If you do dirt, it's going to come to light and you're going to pay for it in some way. Those who cheated deserved to be punished and they were.

Problem is, all of that would've eventually revealed itself in the process... It all started with the tutor and things went downhill from there. As long as the NCAA was looking, they would've found it. But, instead of letting due diligence run its course, jealous, envious, haterade drinking staters decided they wanted to try to pour it on.

I keep hearing all of this crap about "I'm only interested in seeing the truth come out because I was tired of all these UNC grads looking down their nose on me and telling me about how their prestigious degree opened up so many more doors for them..." BULL. This wasn't done in a spirit of sportsmanship or in hope of remedying any academic issues. It was done out of spite, jealousy, and hate. And what did you get out of it? Proving that McAdoo was an idiot, like most football players?

Go ask a State, Duke, Wake, etc. football player what their requirements were for admission. I guarantee you it was much lower than a non-athlete. You know it. But, we were already down because some dummies just got out of hand, doing the same thing most other competitive athletic schools do.

And I'm tired of hearing that "Well, it's not about easier standards for athletes, this was an academic scandal that involved grade changing and fake classes." Two points. Explain to me why most football/basketball players could give a poo less about their school work. Why would they be so nonchalant about it? Could it be they know what teachers to take because they know the teacher may bump them up a grade because of who they are. Regular students choose professors every semester based off of those type of reasons.

Now, if you're giving a guy a A that did absolutely nothing and earned a D or plagiarized, then you should be fired - which Nyangoro was. End of story. Not for staters.

Second point... There's these things called "independent studies" classes. I've heard of them at every college. Although towards the end of my tenure as a student at UNC they were starting to phase them out unless you got special permission from a dept. head. But, there isn't anything illegal about that.

I just find it hilarious yet pathetic that a group of people who have earned degrees (presumably) would put so much effort into undercutting someone else when the players at our school and the program had already done it themselves. Shouldn't these people be out doing something successful with their degrees that are clearly equivalent to UNC's? LOL...

Like i said, I still pull for our local teams despite my allegiance to the school I graduated from... But, expect some digs when you do slip up. If you're gonna snoop around for stuff, you better be on top of your game. You guys know science right? For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Happy snooping season.

HOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWL!

BTW, Glennon Rawks.

#111 AppStatePanther

AppStatePanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,698 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:26 AM

You're not a tarheel. You're a pirate of sorts.

#112 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:27 AM

Amerson played crappy for sure...it was going to happen eventually. I guess its better for it to be the first game of the season than an ACC game.

I put some of his performance last night though on the coaching staff. They DRASTICALLY underestimated the talent of Cordarrelle Patterson and Justin Hunter. You don't go out the first game on the first series of the season and put a guy on an island against a receiver you know nothing about. Patterson will probably be in the mix to be a 1st round pick. 6'3'' 210 runs a 4.3 forty. There was enough JUCO film to know this guy was dynamic and our coaches just decided to overlook it...partially because our LBs suck (and our safeties are needed for run support) but partially because they thought that Amerson was Revis or Asomugha and that isn't the case. I still think he is the best CB in the country but the combo of pass protection from Tenn, Tyler Bray's freak arm, and WRs that can run up under the ball in single coverage...that is a pretty deadly combo. You didn't see Dre Kirkpatrick in single coverage very often last year against the elite SEC WRs. He was pretty good.

The other aspect of it is that our LBs made ZERO plays, which means that Wolff and Bishop had to take a couple steps up to support. You don't want to do that against Bray...he's going to torch you. He can throw the ball 70 yards in the air. As mentioned before, with those WRs that's a deadly combo.

Why did we not give the ball to Mustafa more? He was picking up 4 yards a clip and just didn't get the ball enough. Some of that is b/c we were down double digits in the 1st half but you can't give up on your gameplan and our gameplan with our RBs should have been to pound it.

So yeah its easy to pick on Amerson...he got beat. But he's still a 19-20 year old kid that is getting hammered because of two plays last night.

This actually isn't the worst our team has looked in the first game of the year under O'brien. By the looks of it...judging by past 1st game performances we look like an 8-9 win team in the ACC, which is about what was being predicted. Gotta forget about it and go play UCONN.

#113 RockyTopVol

RockyTopVol

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:41 AM

I think State is a lot better than they played last night. Tennessee is in for a rough SEC schedule if they can't figure out how to run the ball better.
Prayers go out for the family of the kid that died at the game.

Also...Da'Rick who?

#114 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,175 posts
  • Location704

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:43 AM

Well if it makes any of u state turds feel better I took NCSU and the points last night.

Sons of bitches.

#115 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,764 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:18 AM

Holy wall o text, batman

How could someone type so much and say absolutely nothing?

Anyway, you can turn a blind eye to the entire thing if you want. Funny how ya'll used to put academics above atheletics before this happened on the scale that it did. 54 classes were no-shows yet only two people get blamed. Awesome. It's become clear in recent events that neither unc nor the ncaa has any fuging credibility left so quit crying over the fact that people have to do their jobs for them.

I think ten teams got banned from tournament play for poor APR scores, yet this sh*t is perfectly cool with the ncaa. If you don't think anything should happen to unc for fake classes, then you are dumb as all hell.

Enjoy that AFAM degree dude :lol:

#116 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,977 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:39 PM

How could someone type so much and say absolutely nothing?

Anyway, you can turn a blind eye to the entire thing if you want. Funny how ya'll used to put academics above atheletics before this happened on the scale that it did. 54 classes were no-shows yet only two people get blamed. Awesome. It's become clear in recent events that neither unc nor the ncaa has any fuging credibility left so quit crying over the fact that people have to do their jobs for them.

I think ten teams got banned from tournament play for poor APR scores, yet this sh*t is perfectly cool with the ncaa. If you don't think anything should happen to unc for fake classes, then you are dumb as all hell.

Enjoy that AFAM degree dude :lol:

I didn't major in AFAM.

But, I also didn't major in one of many amazing, humanity-enriching majors that State has to offer like, "Maintaining your tractor."

And something did happen for fake classes... Numerous people were fired, students were kicked out school, and they revamped the procedures for monitoring such things in the future. But, the question is, why are you so obsessed with us? Why do you care so much about what's going on on our campus? People were punished and a lot of people lost their jobs and an opportunity at earning an education. Yet, now you're saying I shouldn't be mad that staters took it upon themselves to do us a favor and get to the bottom of it for us? LOL. Thanks so much guys. What kind hearts you have! So, concerned with our well-being... That really warms my heart.

That has got to be the dumbest sh*t I've ever heard of. "Don't be mad at us for snooping around due to jealousy and pure hatred, even though the NCAA and UNC were already investigating the matter..."

Then you're bashing the NCAA, yet your pathetic fanbase was pandering to them hoping to get some more punishment thrown onto us. How does it feel to work for free, fueled by so much hate, only to have nothing come out of it?

Again, how pathetic do you have to be that your only hope of success is to get rid of one of the other schools? Rivals look forward to the competition and showing each other up on the field of play - not state... lol, you'd rather skip the competition and nitpick for things hoping to get rid of the competition because of your insecurities and just assume your place on the podium. GOOD LUCK.

I never got into these stupid local rivalries. It's a waste of time and mostly for rednecks and invalids. I always viewed it as we're all NC teams so I pulled for all of us, some more than others at different times... But, when someone attacks the integrity of your education and your school because of what one department did for a bunch of kids that weren't there for an education to begin with, that pisses me off.

Oh yeah, and at UNC we aren't given credit for our orientation class, LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL.

#117 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,775 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:54 PM

Tractor repair will get you a lot further in life than poetry

#118 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,870 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:58 PM

state has real live classes where you have to, like, be able to do math and stuff. They suck!

#119 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 14,977 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:05 PM

I appreciate a good running tractor and fine poetry.

I don't appreciate petty bickering.

When it all comes down to it, we're all (presumably) college grads and received a fine college education. At least that's how I've always viewed it prior to all of this. Unless you were an athlete, you are most likely a very intelligent person if you were admitted to either university. And I never acted like my degree was better than anywhere else... I've always been of the mind that it's more about how you present yourself and interview than it is about where you got your degree from or what you majored in.

That's why it irks me so badly that someone would try to undermine what I've worked for when I, and 99% of the students at every college, gained no benefit from athletic-academic scandals.

#120 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,870 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:13 PM

Nobody has undermined what you've worked for other than the good people at your own school.

Be mad at them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com