Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's looking more and more likely that Captain Munnerlyn will start again this season

171 posts in this topic

Posted

alot of factors could improve munnerlyn's overall play, most have already been mentoned but IMO he struggles most when he plays off wr's instead of crowding them at the line of scrimmage.

1 person likes this

Posted

I think having Captain as the default #2 CB is one of the things RR worries about as he tries to fall asleep at night.

He is saying good things about him, as he knows he may have no choice but to start Captain. That doesn't mean he is happy about it.

We should be a bit better on D thanks to Beason/Kuechly/Edwards, but we are still probably a year away from serious contention unless we get a much stronger performance from our secondary.

Posted

Oh look another thead about predicting who is going to start before the first pre-season game has been played......

Psychic.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

2005849-fe2dc_ORIG-my_body_is_ready.jpg

Posted

Why is it looking more and more likely that Captain will be the starter? Because panthers.com wrote a couple fluff pieces on him? Or is it because the 5th rounder who already had the inside track on him in mini camp is nursing his hamstring? He's a hard worker and I Absolutely love his attitude. its great that he feels so confident but we have better options that will arise in training camp for the # 2 job.

I personally am not sold on Hogan, but think Norman or Butler will overtake the starting job from him by week 1.

Posted

It's OK, Josh Norman will pass him as soon as he gets more reps.

Posted

I don't understand the surprise here.

If you've listened to Rivera's comments on training cam so far he's been real high on Munnerlyn a few times (Steve Smith of the defense etc)

Munnerlyn and LaFell both.

'Course I haven't seen any of the action from cam so it surprises me to read "as bad as he's been in camp" in the OP.

As far as the coach is concerned he's almost certainly locked in the 2nd corner spot:

"I think Captain Munnerlyn has a foothold on (cornerback opposite Chris Gamble) but they’ll still battling it out for the third position."

Ummmm no, just because Rivera praised him doesn't mean he doesn't suck, they guy got owned by fuging Darvin Adams, I've never even heard anyone say Munnerlyn has even been good on ONE play.

Posted

JON640315.jpgNIC726593.jpgWIL446858.jpgHEN056415.jpg

thats just a few. we will also face Cruz, Dez/ Austin, Jackson/ Maclin, Thomas/Decker but captain should not be #2 cb you cannot win off desire alone you need to have some talent. on that one play vs Jordy were he gave up that 80 yard TD, it was a freaking slant route that turned into a footrace. he gave up inside leverage to easily.

Posted

Ummmm no, just because Rivera praised him doesn't mean he doesn't suck, they guy got owned by fuging Darvin Adams, I've never even heard anyone say Munnerlyn has even been good on ONE play.

Not saying I like him. Pointing out that the fact the coach likes him is pretty significant when it comes to roster decisions

Posted

You don't need preseason to see Munnerlyn will be the starter. Butler couldn't beat him last year and hasn't in camp so far. And everyone else is an abomination, a lower round rookie, or constantly injured.

Posted

We're so fuged beyond words, Saints* and Falcons have too much firepower for our defense. This will not end well.

Thanks Hurney.

Posted

Told you Morgan sucked.