8/8 Training Camp TweetsThread

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#31 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,396 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:35 PM

I think I much prefer to ignore the defensive depth chart, Martin and Munnerlyn shouldn't be starting on any team.

Still don't get the isolated Martin hate.....

Neither starting S should be entrenched in a starting spot. At least Martin only has one season of playing like poo. Same for Captain. I think people put way too much in Richardon's comments.....did people not watch his grumpy old crazy man press conference awhile back?

#32 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,970 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:35 PM

I hope this is a mis type - why would someone want RR to get into a players ass?

Another dude trying to be funny

#33 ThrowMetheDamnBall

ThrowMetheDamnBall

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:40 PM

Still don't get the isolated Martin hate.....

Neither starting S should be entrenched in a starting spot. At least Martin only has one season of playing like poo. Same for Captain. I think people put way too much in Richardon's comments.....did people not watch his grumpy old crazy man press conference awhile back?

I agree, Godfrey isn't the greatest either...but Martin was completely out of position many times last year, and I've heard nothing about good things about Nakamura, so I'd like him to have his shot. If I heard more about Reggie then maybe I'd be calling for Godfrey's head too. Captain will be destroyed by every #2 reciever and most 3s, and the fact he's started multiple fights in camp bothers me too. I'm sorry but 5'8 is not going to cover 6'1+ recievers.

#34 GolfRasta

GolfRasta

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • LocationPinehurst

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:41 PM

Tom Sorensen@tomsorensen
Cam Newton impeccable on sideline routes. Hit Greg Olsen, Gary Barnidge, Joe Jon Finley & Nelson Rosario, all tight ends all the time.

Tom Sorensen@tomsorensen
Interesting seeing other side of Ron Rivera. Went off on players. One voice. His. "I will not have this on our field," Rivera yelled.

Joe Person@josephperson
Ron Rivera: don't take too much stock in initial depth chart, released Tues. Told 4th-rd pick Joe Adams was No. 3 punt returner, Rivera said: "We had to put something down."

#35 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,978 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:31 PM

Especially glad to hear about Medlock and McClain. Like most of us, I'd love to see Medlock unseat Mare and our DL would be greatly improved if McClain and/or Fua step up. Honestly, at this point, if either simply become decent rotational players I'll be happy. They looked BAD last year, albeit in a really tough situation.

#36 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,771 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:37 PM

I hope this is a mis type - why would someone want RR to get into a players ass?

you mean to say you have never heard that saying? u must be a gymnastics fan or a fan of women sports starting to convert to a man's sport. maybe you should gradually make the transition

#37 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,396 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:42 PM

I agree, Godfrey isn't the greatest either...but Martin was completely out of position many times last year, and I've heard nothing about good things about Nakamura, so I'd like him to have his shot. If I heard more about Reggie then maybe I'd be calling for Godfrey's head too. Captain will be destroyed by every #2 reciever and most 3s, and the fact he's started multiple fights in camp bothers me too. I'm sorry but 5'8 is not going to cover 6'1+ recievers.

Reports are Capt hasn't started any fights....he just doesn't back down. Captain just lacks size....and experience. He is a tad over aggressive at times and that is probably only a useful trait when you can pressure a QB....

But he has IMO had some pretty good coverage on some big plays. I remember 2 last year where he just lost his footing....yeah, he gave up the pass but he was all over the assignment.

#38 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:48 PM

My high school coach always screamed out obscenities about anal rape. It is more a metaphor about ass fuging than Sanduskyness.

#39 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,778 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:50 PM

Finally a Nelson Rosario sighting! Hoping he shows enough to stick on the PS at least.

#40 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,967 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:53 PM

We've come together and decided that it was indeed funny.

#41 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,756 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:55 PM

Ah, the Huddle

#42 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,978 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:03 PM

Reports are Capt hasn't started any fights....he just doesn't back down. Captain just lacks size....and experience. He is a tad over aggressive at times and that is probably only a useful trait when you can pressure a QB....

But he has IMO had some pretty good coverage on some big plays. I remember 2 last year where he just lost his footing....yeah, he gave up the pass but he was all over the assignment.

The problem is that the new interpretation of pass interference/illegal contact really hamstrings the small DBs. It pretty much ended Ricky Manning Jr's career. He was a damn good CB for us in large part due to his physicality. You just can't play like that these days without flags littering the field. The small guys used to be able to compensate for lack of size with physicality, but these days you pretty much have to be an elite cover CB if you're undersized. I'm not saying Captain is a waste of a roster spot, not in the least. But, if he's a starting CB for you, it's not because you love him as a starter, it's because you simply don't have anyone else.

#43 thunderraiden

thunderraiden

Thunder God Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:09 PM

Get in their ass COACH!!!!

huh?

#44 ThrowMetheDamnBall

ThrowMetheDamnBall

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:53 PM

Well he's not going to grow anymore, and he's going into his 3rd year, lack of expierence can no longer be an excuse. The guy doesn't have elite speed and is small, and we're in a division of #2 recievers that aren't far behind their #1 as far as talent goes. If I was a OC and saw Munnerlyn on Julio Jones or Mike Williams, I'm going to throw to his side all day. He's already 4+ inchers shorter, with shorter arms etc, it doesn't take much to out muscle him.

#45 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,978 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:59 PM

Yep, unfortunately for Captain, our division is stacked with BIG, talented WRs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com