Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pantherclaw

Jon Beason tweaks hamstring

48 posts in this topic

Didn't Beason battle a hamstring issue all last pre-season and it was speculated (whether correctly or incorrectly) that it lead to the Achilles injury?

Keep him off the field regardless.

He was battling a lingering achilles issue and then it just decided to snap. Beason had initially injured his achilles during the offseason that year.

We may need to Beason out of the Preseason games so he can be full strength fot the start of regular season.

We may need to Beason out of the Preseason games so he can be full strength fot the start of regular season.

He has had a year off football. If he sits all preseason he simply won't be in game shape....will have to ease him into the regular season as well.

Not what I want to be hearing before our first preseason game

He has had a year off football. If he sits all preseason he simply won't be in game shape....will have to ease him into the regular season as well.

I think practice will keep him in shape and will be much less intense than Preseason games. Eventhough its only Preseason. Its game time to Beason. I'm sure that he won't be held out of Preseason games, I only said that to imply how much I don't want him re-injured, we need him!

The guys with leg injuries last year...the fact they are having more leg issues is quite concerning....and is more than likely related to previous injuries...(imbalance, weakness, swelling ?)

These muscle groups all work together. If one group is not healthy, than it is probable another part of the leg will be at risk.

Not what I want to be hearing before our first preseason game

i would be concerned if it was a regular season game. not a preseason game. they don't matter. he shouldn't be playing in them anyway. it's not a big deal at this point in time. 3 weeks from now...maybe. but right now it's basically a non-issue.

unless you are just looking for stuff to worry about and in that case, have at it.

I'll worry about Beason if he doesn't get reps in preseason game 3. At this point, playing or not isn't a big deal.

Rivera says hammy is worse than initially thought. Beason already ruled out with plans to be back next week.

Something to watch. Hammie's are weird

Yeah, I'm always nervous about hamstring issues. They have a nasty habit of lingering.

However, I'm not TOO concerned this early on.

i wouldnt play him at all in the preseason, why risk anything. hes way too fuging valuable