Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pantherclaw

Jon Beason tweaks hamstring

48 posts in this topic

I'd get him some reps just to get in the swing of things and develop chemistry with Kuechly.

The main thing I wouldn't have done was play him with a duct taped together Achilles early last year. Unfortunately, that had disaster written all over it from the get go.

@SteveReed_AP

Ron Rivera says Jon Beason hamstring worse than initially thought. Says Beason will not play Saturday night. Hopes he'll practice next week.

Uh oh.

Newsflash! Breaking!

A football player suffered an injury. It is still unclear what impact this will have on planetary rotation.

Injuries happen every year. Just be thankful that we seem to have avoided anything too serious in the first 11 days of camp (other than Ziemba). Not trying to trivialize things, but expecting everyone to come out of camp 100% healthy is not reasonable.

Good teams adjust. We will too.

/panic/skyfalling

We won't see Beason until the 3rd or 4th preseason game I bet.

It's just a discussion.

Tough guys have to assert themselves with sarcasm. Beat that chest

i'm still not going to worry for a couple more weeks. first game is still a little over a month away. plenty of time for a hammy to recover if it's just a strain.

more than likely it is that and the cause is probably having to compensate for a weakened achilles. the achilles might be healthy, but still weak compared to the rest of his leg and his hammy may have gotten a little over-stressed as a result.

the good thing is that i don't think he's had a hammy problem before, at least not anytime recent so the recovery time should be half what it would be if it was a re-injure.

just looking at some hamstring strain literature, there are 3 grades of hamstring strain: I, II, and III. for those that aren't a reinjury on average, grade I takes about 16 days to recover, II takes 21 days, and III takes 28 days (which would still be just before the opening day game). if it's just soreness and they are being cautious i would expect him back much sooner than any of that.

1 person likes this

I'm not going to worry until the 3rd Preseason game about any injuries. Except for the young guys (Norman,Hogan, and who ever) that need the reps in TC.

Crap. Remember when Trent guynwas having the best camp at WR then bam hammy injury. It did in fact linger for a month

The sky is falling for real at my house. I can see beason like "fug it! Let's bang out some squats , that will heal it!!!"

That Luke pick looks more and more like a genius move day by day