#31 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,308 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:40 AM

The guys with leg injuries last year...the fact they are having more leg issues is quite concerning....and is more than likely related to previous injuries...(imbalance, weakness, swelling ?)

These muscle groups all work together. If one group is not healthy, than it is probable another part of the leg will be at risk.

#32 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,417 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:54 AM

Not what I want to be hearing before our first preseason game

i would be concerned if it was a regular season game. not a preseason game. they don't matter. he shouldn't be playing in them anyway. it's not a big deal at this point in time. 3 weeks from now...maybe. but right now it's basically a non-issue.

unless you are just looking for stuff to worry about and in that case, have at it.

#33 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,380 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:56 AM

I'll worry about Beason if he doesn't get reps in preseason game 3. At this point, playing or not isn't a big deal.

#34 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,380 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:15 PM

Rivera says hammy is worse than initially thought. Beason already ruled out with plans to be back next week.

Something to watch. Hammie's are weird

#35 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,978 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:17 PM

Yeah, I'm always nervous about hamstring issues. They have a nasty habit of lingering.

However, I'm not TOO concerned this early on.

#36 Jrock88

Jrock88

huddle vet

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:23 PM

i wouldnt play him at all in the preseason, why risk anything. hes way too fuging valuable

#37 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,978 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:25 PM

I'd get him some reps just to get in the swing of things and develop chemistry with Kuechly.

The main thing I wouldn't have done was play him with a duct taped together Achilles early last year. Unfortunately, that had disaster written all over it from the get go.

#38 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,273 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:30 PM

@SteveReed_AP

Ron Rivera says Jon Beason hamstring worse than initially thought. Says Beason will not play Saturday night. Hopes he'll practice next week.

Uh oh.

#39 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,600 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:31 PM

Newsflash! Breaking!

A football player suffered an injury. It is still unclear what impact this will have on planetary rotation.

Injuries happen every year. Just be thankful that we seem to have avoided anything too serious in the first 11 days of camp (other than Ziemba). Not trying to trivialize things, but expecting everyone to come out of camp 100% healthy is not reasonable.

Good teams adjust. We will too.

#40 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,566 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:32 PM

/panic/skyfalling

#41 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,063 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:35 PM

We won't see Beason until the 3rd or 4th preseason game I bet.

#42 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,308 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:35 PM

It's just a discussion.

Tough guys have to assert themselves with sarcasm. Beat that chest

#43 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,417 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:38 PM

i'm still not going to worry for a couple more weeks. first game is still a little over a month away. plenty of time for a hammy to recover if it's just a strain.

more than likely it is that and the cause is probably having to compensate for a weakened achilles. the achilles might be healthy, but still weak compared to the rest of his leg and his hammy may have gotten a little over-stressed as a result.

the good thing is that i don't think he's had a hammy problem before, at least not anytime recent so the recovery time should be half what it would be if it was a re-injure.

just looking at some hamstring strain literature, there are 3 grades of hamstring strain: I, II, and III. for those that aren't a reinjury on average, grade I takes about 16 days to recover, II takes 21 days, and III takes 28 days (which would still be just before the opening day game). if it's just soreness and they are being cautious i would expect him back much sooner than any of that.

#44 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:16 PM

I'm not going to worry until the 3rd Preseason game about any injuries. Except for the young guys (Norman,Hogan, and who ever) that need the reps in TC.

#45 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,756 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:50 PM

Fug

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com