• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#16 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,398 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:34 AM

Once while riding a bus in Bosnia I saw a guy wearing a Wrightsville Beach tee-shirt. When I asked him were in NC he was from he looked at me funny......he didn't speak English.

In Malawi I saw a Malawian wearing a Wachovia tee-shirt.

the end

#17 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 44,796 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:36 AM

wow you guys a re a bunch of sensitive ninnies.

It would be interesting to see what she had to say about the taints* before 2009 or whenever the NFL gave them the Superbowl...

#18 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 17,930 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:45 AM

I was at that game, and I purposely wore my Beason alternate blue to stand out as much as possible in a sea of red. I'm obnoxious like that. I wish I had the tv recording to see if I could find me and my wife in the crowd. fug the world, go Panthers.

PS: that line about Kevin Kolb's big dumb head did make me laugh. Not out loud, but it was internal and nearly audible.

So were there as many Panther fans there as it looked on TV? Every time we scored you could see and hear a lot of cheering.

#19 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,369 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:47 AM

That article was oozing with condescension. Methinks she's the kind of bitch that holds her home state with disdain after having moved away from it, replete with a posh NBC writing position.

"The answer was typically a town that was, like, three Cracker Barrels from my own."

What does that even mean?

#20 PntherPryd

PntherPryd

Relic

• Moderators
  • 1,654 posts
  • LocationWilmington

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:58 AM

http://www.carolinah...__fromsearch__1

6th largest media market?

#21 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 17,779 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:15 AM

lost me at teal

hooker

#22 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,398 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:18 AM

That article was oozing with condescension. Methinks she's the kind of bitch that holds her home state with disdain after having moved away from it, replete with a posh NBC writing position.

It means that if she saw someone wearing a Panthers Jersey they were from NC. Now that's not always the case.

#23 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,497 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:18 AM

#24 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,369 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:21 AM

It means that if she saw someone wearing a Panthers Jersey they were from NC. Now that's not always the case.

Yeah thanks captain obvious. I was trying to make fun of her cracker barrel reference, because it's nonsensical.

#25 Nine_Lives

Nine_Lives

The Notorious GrG

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts
  • LocationNever neverland

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:37 AM

F it, i'm bout to go get my Cracker Barrel on.

#26 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,091 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:45 AM

I was just waiting for her to bring up something civil rights related, people who don't live in the south know how it really is. Still act as if we live in the 20th century.

#27 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,369 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:48 AM

I was just waiting for her to bring up something civil rights related, people who don't live in the south know how it really is. Still act as if we live in the 20th century.

Maybe I didn't drink enough coffee this morning, but I'm having trouble deciphering this post.

#28 Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious

i want to have Ronda Rousey's children

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:49 AM

Yeah thanks captain obvious. I was trying to make fun of her cracker barrel reference, because it's nonsensical.

That wasn't me by the way.

#29 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,580 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:05 AM

there's only a couple cities in the state that are recognizable to those who haven't spent time in the area....just like most states. if people aren't familiar they will want a point of reference. how many times have any of you asked someone where they lived in a certain state and you only knew a couple cities? more than likely they live in an area that isn't really close to the ones you know of by name but it's closer to that than the other bigger city you've heard of even though it's still 3 hours away...or 3 cracker barrels away.

it's all about point of reference for people on the west coast. nothing hateful or disdainful about it.

#30 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,060 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:08 AM

was that ellen degeneres writing this article?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.