Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNC Football

27 posts in this topic

Posted

Im a UNC fan, I dont follow college football nearly as closely as NFL/Panthers. They won the music city bowl a couple years ago and if it wasnt for those suspensions they would have probably beat LSU and may have made a run at the nat. championship.

My question is why isnt, or why cant unc football be a power house in the ACC like Clemson is now, at that level. How long before we should be thinking national title and get national attention, from a far it doesnt ever seem like unc football is ever really in it to win it, of course not as dismal as Duke but still..

This season what should we expect? Giovani Bernard looks to continue to beast, is he perhaps Heisman worthy, even a contender? We have a good qb in Renner as well.

Would like to be ideally educated on unc football, to this point so I can go die hard status as I am with their basketball program, it just seems the football side is never really idk the word Im looking for but Im sure yall can see where Im comin from. They are no Alabama. I realize the SEC is the best conference in football

Posted

You need to Beat NC State before you start dreaming of National Championships

There program is a long way off thanks to Butch. I like fedora and do think he will make them a good team...but never a NC contender

Posted

You need to Beat NC State before you start dreaming of National Championships

There program is a long way off thanks to Butch. I like fedora and do think he will make them a good team...but never a NC contender

Never never?

Posted

I can almost guarantee you that if we wouldn't have gotten "CAUGHT" cheating that we could have made a run at the NT.

The past few years haven't been the best for the Heels recruiting wise by Fedora is killing it this year. I think in three years they will be a year in and year out contender for the ACC Title.

Posted

They will be a perrenial power house in no time under Fedora. He is way better than stupid ass Butch. UNC will have one of the top recruiting classes in the ACC every year. They already are heading in the right direction.

Posted

When we were 10-1 during the golden era of Mack Brown, we didn't even sniff NC title contention. In a few years if Fedora has multiple winning seasons, maybe.

Posted

North Carolina is a basketball state. It would take a 'fluke' year for any school from this state to win a national championship

Posted

Never never?

Pay no mind to the Statie. He is from the belief that winning a State Championship is more important than a National one so he doesn't understand.

Posted

You say that because of all your football national championships, no?

Posted

I got em at 9 wins TY. Recruiting wont be as strong with Fedora but Carolina still is the FB school in the state. The wolf pack think that they are, but the win against the heels LY is why TOB still has a job there.

Posted

lol

UNC is considerably behind NC State, ECU, and App as FB schools in NC

Posted

Clemson is a power house???

Is this 1983?