26 replies to this topic

#1 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:12 PM

Im a UNC fan, I dont follow college football nearly as closely as NFL/Panthers. They won the music city bowl a couple years ago and if it wasnt for those suspensions they would have probably beat LSU and may have made a run at the nat. championship.

My question is why isnt, or why cant unc football be a power house in the ACC like Clemson is now, at that level. How long before we should be thinking national title and get national attention, from a far it doesnt ever seem like unc football is ever really in it to win it, of course not as dismal as Duke but still..

This season what should we expect? Giovani Bernard looks to continue to beast, is he perhaps Heisman worthy, even a contender? We have a good qb in Renner as well.

Would like to be ideally educated on unc football, to this point so I can go die hard status as I am with their basketball program, it just seems the football side is never really idk the word Im looking for but Im sure yall can see where Im comin from. They are no Alabama. I realize the SEC is the best conference in football

#2 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,592 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:24 PM

You need to Beat NC State before you start dreaming of National Championships

There program is a long way off thanks to Butch. I like fedora and do think he will make them a good team...but never a NC contender

#3 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,559 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:27 PM

You need to Beat NC State before you start dreaming of National Championships

There program is a long way off thanks to Butch. I like fedora and do think he will make them a good team...but never a NC contender

Never never?

#4 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,529 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:49 PM

I can almost guarantee you that if we wouldn't have gotten "CAUGHT" cheating that we could have made a run at the NT.

The past few years haven't been the best for the Heels recruiting wise by Fedora is killing it this year. I think in three years they will be a year in and year out contender for the ACC Title.

#5 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,138 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:12 PM

They will be a perrenial power house in no time under Fedora. He is way better than stupid ass Butch. UNC will have one of the top recruiting classes in the ACC every year. They already are heading in the right direction.

#6 Hugor Hill

Hugor Hill

It's not easy being drunk all the time

• HUDDLER
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:55 PM

When we were 10-1 during the golden era of Mack Brown, we didn't even sniff NC title contention. In a few years if Fedora has multiple winning seasons, maybe.

#7 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,352 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:41 PM

North Carolina is a basketball state. It would take a 'fluke' year for any school from this state to win a national championship

#8 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,601 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:47 AM

Never never?

Pay no mind to the Statie. He is from the belief that winning a State Championship is more important than a National one so he doesn't understand.

#9 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,592 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:18 AM

You say that because of all your football national championships, no?

#10 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,034 posts
  • Location704

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:48 AM

I got em at 9 wins TY. Recruiting wont be as strong with Fedora but Carolina still is the FB school in the state. The wolf pack think that they are, but the win against the heels LY is why TOB still has a job there.

#11 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,592 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:38 PM

lol

UNC is considerably behind NC State, ECU, and App as FB schools in NC

#12 Nine_Lives

Nine_Lives

The Notorious GrG

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts
  • LocationNever neverland

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:03 PM

Clemson is a power house???

Is this 1983?

#13 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,529 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:09 PM

lol

UNC is considerably behind NC State, ECU, and App as FB schools in NC

ECU, and APP? Really that's laughable. We have beaten ECU the last four out of five games. App is an FCS school so until they prove themselves against us, the BCS school will always get the benefit.

We finally started getting the edge on Wake Forest and we've had the edge over Duke for the past ten years.

This year, we get to take out Elon.

The only team that owns us in North Carolina is NCSU who we have only beaten twice in the past 11 years.

#14 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,034 posts
  • Location704

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:00 AM

ECU, and APP? Really that's laughable. We have beaten ECU the last four out of five games. App is an FCS school so until they prove themselves against us, the BCS school will always get the benefit.

We finally started getting the edge on Wake Forest and we've had the edge over Duke for the past ten years.

This year, we get to take out Elon.

The only team that owns us in North Carolina is NCSU who we have only beaten twice in the past 11 years.

He's trolling you. Only a dumb ass would put those teams ahead of UNC.

#15 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,592 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:12 AM

I was ranking football schools in NC. I have a hard time thinking football at those schools means more than football at unc.

Side note; TJ Yates said his biggest regret in college was never beating NC State.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.