Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNC Football

27 posts in this topic

Posted

lol

UNC is considerably behind NC State, ECU, and App as FB schools in NC

ECU, and APP? Really that's laughable. We have beaten ECU the last four out of five games. App is an FCS school so until they prove themselves against us, the BCS school will always get the benefit.

We finally started getting the edge on Wake Forest and we've had the edge over Duke for the past ten years.

This year, we get to take out Elon.

The only team that owns us in North Carolina is NCSU who we have only beaten twice in the past 11 years.

Posted

ECU, and APP? Really that's laughable. We have beaten ECU the last four out of five games. App is an FCS school so until they prove themselves against us, the BCS school will always get the benefit.

We finally started getting the edge on Wake Forest and we've had the edge over Duke for the past ten years.

This year, we get to take out Elon.

The only team that owns us in North Carolina is NCSU who we have only beaten twice in the past 11 years.

He's trolling you. Only a dumb ass would put those teams ahead of UNC.

Posted

I was ranking football schools in NC. I have a hard time thinking football at those schools means more than football at unc.

Side note; TJ Yates said his biggest regret in college was never beating NC State.

Posted

If Fedora is any good, an SEC program will just scoop him up. UNC football is the equivalent of coaching at a decent mid-major basketball program.

It's a nice place to build a name for yourself and a nice paycheck, but there are bigger and better things waiting for you out there as soon as you have some success.

Posted

lulz

Posted

If Fedora is any good, an SEC program will just scoop him up. UNC football is the equivalent of coaching at a decent mid-major basketball program.

It's a nice place to build a name for yourself and a nice paycheck, but there are bigger and better things waiting for you out there as soon as you have some success.

Regardless of what people in the SEC believe...the SEC isn't the end all, be all of College Football. :rolleyes:

Posted

You're right, there is also the Pac-12, the Big XII, and the Big 10.

Posted

The first sentence is true for every program in the country aside from a handful of elite programs not in the SEC.

It's what coaches, and every person in their own career, wants to do. Do the best you can and move up to better jobs and more $$$. To compare the heels FB program to a decent mid major basketball school is stupid. Carolina has top notch facilities, recruits extremely well, and continues to produce NFL players.

Posted

Regardless of what people in the SEC believe...the SEC isn't the end all, be all of College Football. :rolleyes:

The winner of the Iron Bowl the previous three seasons has gone on to win the NC.

The SEC is college FB and the ratings/money/TV deals/NFL players are all concrete evidence of this.

Posted

I was ranking football schools in NC. I have a hard time thinking football at those schools means more than football at unc.

Side note; TJ Yates said his biggest regret in college was never beating NC State.

App is not a real FB school. It would be like calling Grambling State a football school. App is full of people who probably never played an organized sport in their life and probably discovered FB their freshmen year in college. Go to a bar and ask them to put the App State game on. Come on dude lol.

The players App produces are sh1t in the NFL, too.

Posted

The winner of the Iron Bowl the previous three seasons has gone on to win the NC.

The SEC is college FB and the ratings/money/TV deals/NFL players are all concrete evidence of this.

That right there is the difference. SEC fans believe that College Football is all about Money, ratings, TV, etc.etc..

...but College Football fans realize it is about the football...

I couldn't careless about the SEC, and I am not the only one.

Posted

lol at the walmarters thinking National Championship. UNC hasn't been to an ACC title game yet, much less a BCS bowl, much less the NC game, much less actually won one. If hiring a high profile coach like Butch and running the dirtiest program in decades couldn't get UNC past the 8 win plateau, I don't think Fedora is gonna get it done.