• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,437 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:36 AM

If Fedora is any good, an SEC program will just scoop him up. UNC football is the equivalent of coaching at a decent mid-major basketball program.

It's a nice place to build a name for yourself and a nice paycheck, but there are bigger and better things waiting for you out there as soon as you have some success.

#17 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,884 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:45 AM

lulz

#18 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,643 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:49 AM

If Fedora is any good, an SEC program will just scoop him up. UNC football is the equivalent of coaching at a decent mid-major basketball program.

It's a nice place to build a name for yourself and a nice paycheck, but there are bigger and better things waiting for you out there as soon as you have some success.

Regardless of what people in the SEC believe...the SEC isn't the end all, be all of College Football. :rolleyes:

#19 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,437 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:47 AM

You're right, there is also the Pac-12, the Big XII, and the Big 10.

#20 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,146 posts
  • Location704

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:55 PM

The first sentence is true for every program in the country aside from a handful of elite programs not in the SEC.

It's what coaches, and every person in their own career, wants to do. Do the best you can and move up to better jobs and more $$$. To compare the heels FB program to a decent mid major basketball school is stupid. Carolina has top notch facilities, recruits extremely well, and continues to produce NFL players.

#21 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,146 posts
  • Location704

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:58 PM

Regardless of what people in the SEC believe...the SEC isn't the end all, be all of College Football. :rolleyes:

The winner of the Iron Bowl the previous three seasons has gone on to win the NC.

The SEC is college FB and the ratings/money/TV deals/NFL players are all concrete evidence of this.

#22 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,146 posts
  • Location704

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:03 PM

I was ranking football schools in NC. I have a hard time thinking football at those schools means more than football at unc.

Side note; TJ Yates said his biggest regret in college was never beating NC State.

App is not a real FB school. It would be like calling Grambling State a football school. App is full of people who probably never played an organized sport in their life and probably discovered FB their freshmen year in college. Go to a bar and ask them to put the App State game on. Come on dude lol.

The players App produces are sh1t in the NFL, too.

#23 iamcline

iamcline

Thou shalt not spilleth thy Red Bull!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,643 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:31 PM

The winner of the Iron Bowl the previous three seasons has gone on to win the NC.

The SEC is college FB and the ratings/money/TV deals/NFL players are all concrete evidence of this.

That right there is the difference. SEC fans believe that College Football is all about Money, ratings, TV, etc.etc..

...but College Football fans realize it is about the football...

I couldn't careless about the SEC, and I am not the only one.

#24 Raleighcat83

Raleighcat83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:53 PM

lol at the walmarters thinking National Championship. UNC hasn't been to an ACC title game yet, much less a BCS bowl, much less the NC game, much less actually won one. If hiring a high profile coach like Butch and running the dirtiest program in decades couldn't get UNC past the 8 win plateau, I don't think Fedora is gonna get it done.

#25 Raleighcat83

Raleighcat83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:56 PM

App is not a real FB school. It would be like calling Grambling State a football school. App is full of people who probably never played an organized sport in their life and probably discovered FB their freshmen year in college. Go to a bar and ask them to put the App State game on. Come on dude lol.

App and Grambling are both football schools, in the sense that football is a really big deal on both of those campuses. Those schools don't have huge stadiums, but they fill them consistently, you'd never see empty seats or huge groups of opposing fans there.

#26 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,146 posts
  • Location704

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:33 PM

Cool

#27 cbarrier90

cbarrier90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,209 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:14 PM

I mean, c'mon, Panthro has a track record on this board of absolutely LOATHING everything App State, and even he recognizes the importance of football to the institution.

UNC, the premier FOOTBALL school in the state? Are you serious?

It tells you alot about the state of college football in NC when the FCS school gets brought into the discussion :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com