Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dpantherman

Sean McDermott comments on the #2 CB spot

125 posts in this topic

I honestly think Norman will step up and take the job, it just might not be as soon as we want it. I have rooted for Hogan since last year but until he gets healthy we wont know anything but i think Norman is the guy that will get it.

we just have to believe in the system folks... and pray Cam puts up 40 a game.

Even if it's a joke...that comment kinda rubs me the wrong way. CB is a sensitive position...you don't make a comment like that and chalk it up to "joking" if there's some serious validity to it. I don't expect someone in McDermott's position to make a joke like that to a reporter (or whoever this guy is) about a hole in his own defense. This might be a bad analogy...but if you're a dad and your daughter is a tad bit on the overweight side, you wouldn't make a fat joke about her would you?

I like to think I have a good sense of humor and 99.9% of the time when someone makes a complaint on here, I think they're overreacting...so maybe I'm doing the same thing here. Not that I'm really that upset over it or anything, I just think it's a little in poor taste to make a joke like that about the group of guys you were hired to coach in the first place.

Even if it's a joke...that comment kinda rubs me the wrong way. CB is a sensitive position...you don't make a comment like that and chalk it up to "joking" if there's some serious validity to it. I don't expect someone in McDermott's position to make a joke like that to a reporter (or whoever this guy is) about a hole in his own defense. This might be a bad analogy...but if you're a dad and your daughter is a tad bit on the overweight side, you wouldn't make a fat joke about her would you?

I like to think I have a good sense of humor and 99.9% of the time when someone makes a complaint on here, I think they're overreacting...so maybe I'm doing the same thing here. Not that I'm really that upset over it or anything, I just think it's a little in poor taste to make a joke like that about the group of guys you were hired to coach in the first place.

I feel like there's a difference between joking about the #2 CB battle and making fun of your own fat daughter.

I don't think he was joking. It was pretty bad out there tonight.