Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dpantherman

Sean McDermott comments on the #2 CB spot

125 posts in this topic

My biggest problem with our CB situation is that if we lose gamble, we are screwed. there is no decent #2 guy that could possibly step up and play for a short amount of time when needed, no, if gamble goes down, our whole secondary falls to pieces. this has much to do with hurney neglecting the crap out of the position to provide the team with a serviceable guy with experience to play alongside gamble. Captain is tenacious, but tiny, and gets abused regularly. Hogan is apparently a gimp, and Norman is a 5th round rookie.

This is the one area i feel like we needed to address this offseason and we really didn't. I am not horribly horribly upset, just mighty concerned.

Funny how he didn't say "well with pressure from our line and linebackers, we can stick Joe Shmoe back there and it will be fine" like others on here do.

1 person likes this

My biggest problem with our CB situation is that if we lose gamble, we are screwed. there is no decent #2 guy that could possibly step up and play for a short amount of time when needed, no, if gamble goes down, our whole secondary falls to pieces. this has much to do with hurney neglecting the crap out of the position to provide the team with a serviceable guy with experience to play alongside gamble. Captain is tenacious, but tiny, and gets abused regularly. Hogan is apparently a gimp, and Norman is a 5th round rookie.

This is the one area i feel like we needed to address this offseason and we really didn't. I am not horribly horribly upset, just mighty concerned.

Every time the discussion comes up I get infuriated at the thought of how easily Rogers was to get last year and we did nothing.

Jesus guys, he was making a joke. That's his way of saying it's still an open competition, and he has no intention of saying who he prefers at this point.

Talk about overreaction. I know it's the Huddle, but come on.

2 people like this

7-9 season.

you're just a bundle of sunshine and optimism aren't you.

McDermott is so negative. Doesn't he know we drafted a cover LB, and our D-Line is older which should be interesting. That changes everything!

At least we'll get a look at Norman tomorrow.

The sky is falling!!! The sky is falling!!!!

Oh my God, we are going to suck!!!! After all, the number 2 corner in a zone defense is the most important position of all!!!!

The sky is falling!!! The sky is falling!!!!

Oh my God, we are going to suck!!!! After all, the number 2 corner in a zone defense is the most important position of all!!!!

Exactly! There is nothing that can stop the Panthers from having a good defense before the season starts!

Some people want you to believe there is absolutely zero effect from having bad DT, CB, and mediocre S at best.