Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2012-13 EPL season

219 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

If Arsenal are fairly debt free then why do they insist on sticking to a wage structure that is on par with a mid-table team? They still have a lot of debt plus they are due to be hit with a massive tax case due to improper use of EBT's.

You gave me figures that are almost a decade old, worth noting as well that they aren't really relevant as they are from before the Glazer's obtained a majority ownership of the club.

It's widely acknowledged that Man Utd net approximately £80 million per year before interest due to the various sponsorship deals with the likes of DHL.

Posted · Report post

[url="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2145794/Manchester-United-net-debt-rises-26m.html"]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2145794/Manchester-United-net-debt-rises-26m.html[/url]

The only thing I found about 80m is their revenue which is different from net profits. If anything Man U farther sinks into debt. Man U decreased their debt by reducing their cash but in reality their debt increased. They bought RVP and Kagawa with a credit card. And please show me an article where Arsenal is in trouble. Arsenal posted near 120m in profits in last 4 years. Their current debt is $130m. They built $500m stadium 5 years ago... so that's hell of a debt payoff in my opinion. How Man U is gonna payoff half a billion dollars in debt, I have no idea.

Posted · Report post

Van Persie in, Chicharito out? Rumors are circulating of a possible move to Juventus

Posted · Report post

Man U bought facebook at $42 in Van Persie. I like Chelsea this year

Posted · Report post

Van Persie is a great player when healthy. Since he entered the league 9 years ago, Van Persie stayed healthy only 1 season... last season, contract season. Man U def taking a gamble with Van Persie.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Happy Panther' timestamp='1345150869' post='1861502']
Man U bought facebook at $42 in Van Persie. I like Chelsea this year
[/quote]

them or Man City. my poor middling Newcastle.

otherwise, where the heck you been?

Posted · Report post

Spurs pullout from signing MiVila. Barca should sign Song this weekend and Arsenal should sign Sahin next week but only if Barca agrees to buy Song. If not then Liverpool gets Sahin. Spurs will sell Modric as soon as they find quality replacement and apparently no one want to join them or if they do they ask for too much money. Next week should be pretty active.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='pstall' timestamp='1345164642' post='1861719']

them or Man City. my poor middling Newcastle.

otherwise, where the heck you been?
[/quote]

I think Newcastle will be good this season and might surprise some people.

Posted · Report post

i hope so. i need to cobble some local huddlers from time to time on an early Sat and watch some matches. if im not going to any college football games that day.

Posted · Report post

Just let me know. I don't mind at all.

Posted · Report post

sounds good. i will get the old man husker over there too. he is a soccer guy. provided he too isn't off to Neb for games.

Posted · Report post

Awesome. There is a soccer bar somewhere in Charlotte right?