• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

#16 SuperLego5

SuperLego5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:33 PM

Kroenke's worth more than the Glazer's so what does that make Arsenal?

#17 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,277 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:09 PM

Manchester United don't really count. They crazy in debt... I dunno how long they will stay afloat. Manchester United pretty much bought RVP with a credit card. I believe this season, it will be between Chelsea and Manchester City... the battles of sugar daddies.

#18 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:03 PM

United will be a factor. You can't write them off when they are buying players. Debt doesn't kick balls into the net.

#19 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,277 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:51 PM

United bought 2 players this season so I dunno. I don't even know if RVP will do good in United system.

#20 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,716 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:47 PM

The battle of sugar daddies teams.

Sadly, it's always been that way.

#21 PantherFan52

PantherFan52

The Man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:50 PM

If we keep Walcott and Song I still think we contend.

#22 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,277 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:19 PM

If we keep Walcott and Song I still think we contend.

Looks like Song is as good as gone. Barcelona apparently offering close to 20 million pounds and Wenger is fed up with his poo. Walcotte might stay. Arsenal is switching to more attacking formation so they might not even need song... From what I read Arsenal will run

Sagna-Vermaelen-Koscielny-Gibbs

Oxe - Cazorla - Arteta - Walcotte

----------Podolski---Giroud

They will need a back-up striker, attacking midfielder, and defensive midfielder. But this year Arsenal can def be dangerous. Spurs are on a verge of signing M'Vila so I hope Arsenal snatches him.

#23 SuperLego5

SuperLego5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:40 AM

Manchester United don't really count. They crazy in debt... I dunno how long they will stay afloat. Manchester United pretty much bought RVP with a credit card. I believe this season, it will be between Chelsea and Manchester City... the battles of sugar daddies.

Not really, Man Utd's debt is roughly the equivelant of Arsenals debt when you consider the size of the clubs. Man Utd will slowly clear the debt and when they do, they will clear £80 million in profit every year to buy players, that's almost 4 Van Persies a year, or 1 Ronaldo if you want to look at it like that. That's ignoring any growth as well.

#24 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,277 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:17 AM

lol, Manchester U profit margins are not sufficient enough so Man U selling shares because they cannot clear their debt. Man U made 19 million pounds pure profit last year and they already spent 32m pounds on Kagawa and RVP... you do the math. Man U also encounter big fail on Walls Street after they had a hard time selling their shares at discounted price.

http://www.washingto...2d06_story.html

I have no idea where you get 80 million pounds in net income...

Here's Man U financial statements. They can't even afford Van Persie with their true profits.

http://www.teachmebu...alancesheet.pdf

PS: The only debt Arsenal has is a brand new stadium and it's almost completely paid off.

#25 SuperLego5

SuperLego5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:44 AM

If Arsenal are fairly debt free then why do they insist on sticking to a wage structure that is on par with a mid-table team? They still have a lot of debt plus they are due to be hit with a massive tax case due to improper use of EBT's.

You gave me figures that are almost a decade old, worth noting as well that they aren't really relevant as they are from before the Glazer's obtained a majority ownership of the club.

It's widely acknowledged that Man Utd net approximately £80 million per year before interest due to the various sponsorship deals with the likes of DHL.

#26 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,277 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:17 AM

http://www.dailymail...-rises-26m.html

The only thing I found about 80m is their revenue which is different from net profits. If anything Man U farther sinks into debt. Man U decreased their debt by reducing their cash but in reality their debt increased. They bought RVP and Kagawa with a credit card. And please show me an article where Arsenal is in trouble. Arsenal posted near 120m in profits in last 4 years. Their current debt is $130m. They built $500m stadium 5 years ago... so that's hell of a debt payoff in my opinion. How Man U is gonna payoff half a billion dollars in debt, I have no idea.

#27 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

Unicorns! Show ponies! Where's the beef!?

• HUDDLER
  • 6,209 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:22 AM

Van Persie in, Chicharito out? Rumors are circulating of a possible move to Juventus

#28 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,040 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:01 PM

Man U bought facebook at $42 in Van Persie. I like Chelsea this year

#29 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,277 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:53 PM

Van Persie is a great player when healthy. Since he entered the league 9 years ago, Van Persie stayed healthy only 1 season... last season, contract season. Man U def taking a gamble with Van Persie.

#30 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,851 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:50 PM

Man U bought facebook at $42 in Van Persie. I like Chelsea this year

them or Man City. my poor middling Newcastle.

otherwise, where the heck you been?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com