#1 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,952 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:31 PM

After ordering the Preseason Live on NFL.com I noticed the Carolina game was blacked out for this Saturday.

Also, the Greenbay/San Diego game, and the Dallas/Oakland game.

*Due to broadcast restrictions, games that are televised locally are subject to blackouts within NFL Preseason Live. Additionally, all nationally broadcast NFL Preseason games will be blacked out live. All these games will be made available in the NFL Preseason Live archives.

Garbage!

Just a warning if your only means of watching the game was online.....

#2 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,431 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:34 PM

Sucks for you but I'll stream it like via one of those websites like I always do.

#3 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 12,763 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:42 PM

NFL is totally missing the boat on the whole streaming thing. When a fan tries to watch the games legitimately, such as you did, and gets screwed by the league, they really don't give people much of a choice. They give you no 'legal' option to watch the game, so....

#4 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,570 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:44 PM

NFL is totally missing the boat on the whole streaming thing. When a fan tries to watch the games legitimately, such as you did, and gets screwed by the league, they really don't give people much of a choice. They give you no 'legal' option to watch the game, so....

All professional sports do this. MLB blacks out local games on the mlb.tv service. I'm a Braves fan, for instance, and I have to find an illegal stream when they play the Nationals because coastal NC is technically the Nationals TV market and it's blacked out for me.

#5 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 12,763 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:50 PM

I don't think NHL center ice blacks out streaming games. They have an app for my AppleTV, too, so I don't have to buy cable to watch it on my TV.

#6 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,570 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:53 PM

Well, that assumption would be wrong.

If you are located in a team's television territory, check your local listings for all locally televised games. NHL CENTER ICE is not able to televise these games.

If you are located in a team's television territory and their local regional sports network is not available on your current cable or satellite provider, you will not be able to see these games in NHL CENTER ICE. This is a distribution issue between the regional sports network and the cable/satellite provider. The blackout remains intact as the local regional sports network has the rights to these games in your area.

http://www.nhl.com/i...ge.htm?id=26371

#7 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,170 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:54 PM

Sucks for you but I'll stream it like via one of those websites like I always do.

Can u PM me those sites?

#8 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,570 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:54 PM

So like I said, all professional sport steaming services black out games for your local teams. It reserves the air rights for your local market.

#9 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:58 PM

Sucks, but you can watch it as soon as its over. Every stream I ever found the quality pales in comparison to the nfl package.

#10 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,952 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:01 PM

Or you could not have Cable......

#11 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,419 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:04 PM

Or you could not have Cable......

All local market games are broadcast on over the air networks.

Even if the team plays on ESPN or NFL Network, there must be a local over the air broadcast for free.

#12 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • 3,431 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:18 PM

Can u PM me those sites?

Sent.

#13 albiechaser

albiechaser

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:21 PM

All local market games are broadcast on over the air networks.

Even if the team plays on ESPN or NFL Network, there must be a local over the air broadcast for free.

I live in Raleigh, So does that mean I'm going to get it up here? I have Timewarner

#14 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,419 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:12 PM

I live in Raleigh, So does that mean I'm going to get it up here? I have Timewarner

Raleigh is in the Panthers television market, so yes. It will probably be broadcast on Fox, but I don't know that for certain. It'll definitely be on one of the over the air stations though.

#15 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:15 PM

If you live in Charlotte the game should be on Fox,NBC, or CBS. Unless you just don't have a TV.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.