Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Of Hangman and Gross

44 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Rookie OT's are having a huge impact on the NFL as our own Otah and Sam Baker have shown.

Don't know if you've checked it out, but this year's class might be better than last year's.

Posted · Report post

The class is huge although two of the biggest names, Oher and Loadholt are slipping a little. Others have emerged.

I know Fox has loosened up his loyalty to veterans lately but I have hard time believing he would want the starting OT's next year to have a combined one year of NFL experience.

Posted · Report post

I know money makes a huge impact on this decision, but continuity on the line is huge as well. I would love to see Gross come back next year...

Posted · Report post

I would be overjoyed to see the Panthers cut Ken Lucas. He has a big salary and is obviously past his prime. He is turning into the Deshaun Foster of the defense. His lost salary would open up a good bit of space to resign at least one of the two collosal UFA's we have. Landon Johnson is an obvious cut. He was a FA bust from day 1. Nick Goings should be gone, and so should DJ Hackett. I think not having a first round pick to sign this year should really put a precedence on resigning two former first round picks. With some cuts and contract restructurings I think it is possible.

Posted · Report post

Rookie OT's are having a huge impact on the NFL as our own Otah and Sam Baker have shown.

Another factor that will help Gross in the market is his amazing ability to remain healthy. I wouldn't be surprised to see a team offer him an 80 million contract.

Don't forget the best one of all thus far in Clady.

Posted · Report post

For some reason...I see Gross going to Denver

Posted · Report post

I've said for a long time Hangartner was a steal and he's been stellar as a back up for his versatility.

Gross is a big need to sign, and I'd love to see us keep all three guys, but I doubt we do. I love the idea of using the tag and seeking a trade. I trust our scouts to pick good OTs. Hell worst comes to worst we could have Wharton back out there. *shudder*

Posted · Report post

Don't know if you've checked it out, but this year's class might be better than last year's.

if 2 or more of the top jr LT come out then by far the better class. the fact that a guy like Oher, a guy #2 OT behind long last year if he came out, is now #3, or #4 this year speaks volumes.

andre smith( may or may not come out)

jason smith

eugene monroe

oher

ebon britton (may or may not come out)

phil loadholt

at G

duke robinson

herman johnson

at center

max unger (the swiss army knife, may be able to play all 5 possition at the next level)

alex mack