#1 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,163 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:01 AM

Interesting read and pictures at the least...
------

One of the greatest archaeological riddles—and one of the grossest academic omissions—of our time is the untold story of the parallel ruins left by two seemingly unrelated ancient civilizations: the ancient Mayans on one side of the Pacific Ocean and the ancient Balinese on the other. The mysterious and unexplained similarities in their architecture, iconography, and religion are so striking and profound that the Mayans and Balinese seem to have been twin civilizations—as if children of the same parent. Yet, incredibly, this mystery is not only being ignored by American scholars, it’s being suppressed.

http://alternatenews...of-the-pacific/
------

#2 kunu

kunu

beach'd

• HUDDLER
  • 8,027 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:28 AM

I think without a doubt there have been advanced civilizations pre-Egypt and during some of these peaks could have been more advanced than today in some regards. The permanence of the architecture, similar styles, and stories just have too many parallels throughout the globe. Nice find

The Mayan and Inca told us they didn't build their places where they worshiped. They were using ancient temples at the very least second handedly.

It seems so much more likely that we've endured peaks and valleys in our growth and are still coming out of a massive state of amnesia driven by the last cataclysm or maybe even global war. We're still emerging from the dark ages imo

#3 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,163 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:44 AM

I think without a doubt there have been advanced civilizations pre-Egypt and during some of these peaks could have been more advanced than today in some regards. The permanence of the architecture, similar styles, and stories just have too many parallels throughout the globe. Nice find

The Mayan and Incan told us they didn't build their places where they worshiped. They were using ancient temples at the very least second handedly.

It seems so much more likely that we've endured peaks and valleys in our growth and our coming out of a massive state of amnesia driven by the last cataclysm or maybe even global war. We're still emerging from the dark ages imo

Was hoping you would chime in. Wanted to hear your perspective. Who built the temples that they worshipped in? How old we're they when the myans began using them? Was there a connection between the two?

#4 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 11,884 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:50 AM

Why can't real scientist base their theories on nothing but pure speculation like you guys?

#5 kunu

kunu

beach'd

• HUDDLER
  • 8,027 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:00 AM

Why can't real scientist base their theories on nothing but pure speculation like you guys?

because they're scientists

#6 kunu

kunu

beach'd

• HUDDLER
  • 8,027 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:06 AM

In Bali, the thickness and darkness of the patina (due to oxidation and other processes) on their monuments suggests it could be much older than currently theorized.

Gunung Kawi is a really really fascinating site:

http://ontheluce.com...es-gunung-kawi/

Posted Image

#7 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 17,684 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:39 AM

there has been plenty of theorizing that the similarity of monolithic structures in the pacific islands to south american indian structures indicates the spread of one material culture to the other. i'm not sure to what extent it's been proven, but a lot of anthropologists believe that many of the pacific islanders' ancestors came from the west coast of south america.

regarding the original post, i'm not equipped to answer that question with any authority, but as a general caution i would like to note that a great many archaeologically-based conspiracy theories are in desperate need of occam's razor.

#8 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 17,684 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:09 PM

they used plato's metaphorical atlantis references to support an originating superculture theory lololololololololol

#9 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,015 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:18 PM

Another good question... Why are there pyramids on almost every continent of the world, and those pyramids were built before the age of intercontinental travel?

What are pyramids, and why are they everywhere?

#10 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 17,684 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:36 PM

Another good question... Why are there pyramids on almost every continent of the world, and those pyramids were built before the age of intercontinental travel?

What are pyramids, and why are they everywhere?

if you want to build a structure to reach as high as possible (a motive instinctual in the human heart, i would argue) and you're stuck in 2000 BC, what are your construction options?

your materials are wood and stone. can you get wood that high? no. structural tech doesn't exist and won't for hundreds (poo, thousands) of years. so you're stuck with stone. can you stack the stones vertically? lol no. you can't because you don't have the ability to raise them vertically to stack them in the first place, and moreover it'll collapse on itself without any sort of interior stabilization (like modern rebar.). pyramidal structures are the only thing that works at that stage.

an examination of the evolution of pyramid-building in egypt shows a long line of errors and subsequent fixes on later efforts, and extensive primary documents elaborately detail these problems and the manner in which they were dealt. so unless we're to assume aliens faked bad pyramids and then created fake hieroglyphic records to show the addressing of those construction flaws, pyramids were very much man-made.

#11 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 17,684 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:40 PM

civilizations on continents separated by thousands of miles of oceans figured out agriculture too so i guess that correlation is concrete evidence that aliens saved them from their hunting-and-gathering ways

maybe monsanto is actually an alien

#12 kunu

kunu

beach'd

• HUDDLER
  • 8,027 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:03 PM

A cool thing to note about both Giza & Teotiuacan is that the Pyramid of the Sun and the Great Pyramid have virtually the same base perimeter.

http://www.world-mys...teotihuacan.htm

And something to consider is that if there was ancient global civilization dating back towards the time of the last ice age, it would have initially spread east-west rather than north south due to the extended miles of ice covering most stuff outside of 40-40 degrees.

If so, it would make sense that if they expanded, it would be across the Atlantic and even towards Tibet/Mongolia where there are also pyramids.

The one thing I simply don't buy into is that Egyptians, Pre-Incans, Mayans, and Ancient Chinese could first develop, understand, teach, and apply advanced mathematics, science, and medicine that allowed them to develop something like the pyramids but they couldn't build a f*cking sea based boat fleet to discover the world?

#13 kunu

kunu

beach'd

• HUDDLER
  • 8,027 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:18 PM

an examination of the evolution of pyramid-building in egypt shows a long line of errors and subsequent fixes on later efforts, and extensive primary documents elaborately detail these problems and the manner in which they were dealt. so unless we're to assume aliens faked bad pyramids and then created fake hieroglyphic records to show the addressing of those construction flaws, pyramids were very much man-made.

No doubt in my opinion they were man made. One thing you did note is that glitches were made and fixes were attempted for a good deal of pyramids in Egypt. If you look at this in sequence, the more precise and accurate pyramids were the older ones. It makes me think that the proper method was lost over the course of Egyptian rulers and cultural shifts. Egyptologists credit Khufu for Giza's construction but even in the writings from his time of rule, it says he uncovered the Sphinx. I think he uncovered it and slapped his head on it. Its completely out of proportion with the rest of the body anyway. (The sphinx could be a whole other thread)

I think that Egypt more than any culture did the best to hold onto certain knowledge from the past. The more tribal based cultures like in South America basically used them for there own purposes because they were more lost and detached from whatever previous culture existed.

I'll tell ya one thing, the burning of the Alexandria library played a big part in us still being so detached from whatever may have existed, but I do think there is a great deal to be discovered in Central/South America that could lead us to finding new clues about what could have existed.

#14 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 15,635 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:27 PM

the whole concept of being suppressed by scholars is a little silly.

Is there an annual scholars global meeting where they decide what to suppress from the public?

#15 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 17,684 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:41 PM

No doubt in my opinion they were man made. One thing you did note is that glitches were made and fixes were attempted for a good deal of pyramids in Egypt. If you look at this in sequence, the more precise and accurate pyramids were the older ones. It makes me think that the proper method was lost over the course of Egyptian rulers and cultural shifts. Egyptologists credit Khufu for Giza's construction but even in the writings from his time of rule, it says he uncovered the Sphinx. I think he uncovered it and slapped his head on it. Its completely out of proportion with the rest of the body anyway. (The sphinx could be a whole other thread)

exactly, the bent pyramid at dashur is a perfect example of the pyramid's design being altered mid-construction due to clear design flaws caused by inexperience. i don't know much about the chronology of the construction, but the record shows clear evidence of a very human process of trial and error. the assertions of alien forces continually amaze me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.