20 replies to this topic

#16 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,476 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:48 PM

the whole concept of being suppressed by scholars is a little silly.

this. archaeologists would be falling all over each other to be the first one to break a theory like this if there was any substantial evidence to support it.

#17 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,524 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:57 PM

The one thing I simply don't buy into is that Egyptians, Pre-Incans, Mayans, and Ancient Chinese could first develop, understand, teach, and apply advanced mathematics, science, and medicine that allowed them to develop something like the pyramids but they couldn't build a f*cking sea based boat fleet to discover the world?

What do you mean discover the world? Chinese certainly had explorers. But the cultures of the time were exploring in areas other than the ocean, and there was a lot of internal and external pressures unrelated to the oceans. Perhaps if they had dedicated themselves to it, they could have - but I don't think it is surprising at all that building the pyramids didn't unlock all of the possible technology we artificially put on the same level as it.

#18 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,494 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:25 AM

What do you mean discover the world? Chinese certainly had explorers. But the cultures of the time were exploring in areas other than the ocean, and there was a lot of internal and external pressures unrelated to the oceans. Perhaps if they had dedicated themselves to it, they could have - but I don't think it is surprising at all that building the pyramids didn't unlock all of the possible technology we artificially put on the same level as it.

I don't really see what you're trying to say

I was referring to the idea that most mainstream beliefs credit the age of global discovery wayy post-Egypt in Europe and they were simply building Pyramids and doing their own shtick in Africa in BC times.

And the pyramids didn't necessarily unlock technology, they were built based on existing Egyptian mathematics and cosmology. The pyramids were the technology imo and the later Egyptians far separated from the previous high civilization didn't know how to use it and subsequently began making their own versions as tombs for their leaders.

I think all of these cultures were lost societies around the planet from a previous globally connected civilization that all re-adjusted in different ways. Over time, people basically de-evolved and it was not until we all became re-connected at a global scale (which imo is pretty recent) that we began to put a ton of pieces back together. All of their stories of what happened began being passed down generation by generation in different ways so long that over time, they ended up looking very very different, but there are also the similarities that remain.

#19 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:49 AM

the whole concept of being suppressed by scholars is a little silly.

Well, I think that it is silly to think that history has NOT been suppressed...

History is written by the winners... always has been.

For a good example, research the "Great Reformation" of the 16th century when Europeans basically 'reinterpreted' the Bible into the English language. This caused the Great Schism that killed millions of Protestants and Catholics as the Protestants claimed that the Catholic Church was of the Antichrist, and moved to North America to get as far away from Rome as possible.

#20 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,476 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:22 AM

I don't really see what you're trying to say

I was referring to the idea that most mainstream beliefs credit the age of global discovery wayy post-Egypt in Europe and they were simply building Pyramids and doing their own shtick in Africa in BC times.

And the pyramids didn't necessarily unlock technology, they were built based on existing Egyptian mathematics and cosmology. The pyramids were the technology imo and the later Egyptians far separated from the previous high civilization didn't know how to use it and subsequently began making their own versions as tombs for their leaders.

I think all of these cultures were lost societies around the planet from a previous globally connected civilization that all re-adjusted in different ways. Over time, people basically de-evolved and it was not until we all became re-connected at a global scale (which imo is pretty recent) that we began to put a ton of pieces back together. All of their stories of what happened began being passed down generation by generation in different ways so long that over time, they ended up looking very very different, but there are also the similarities that remain.

What evidence is there for this originating superculture?

#21 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,494 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:19 AM

What evidence is there for this originating superculture?

"Fingerprints of the Gods" by Graham Hancock is a great read that discusses this in depth.

He goes over ancient subjects such as the Orontius Finneus and Piri Reis maps, Charles Hapgood, the Olmec, diorite cutting techniques, Giza (John Anthony West & Robert Shoch's research), Puma Punku, and over the years he actually travels to ancient sites and studies them first hand such as the underwater find of Yonaguni in Japan.

Fingerprints is his best work imo but he has published a lot of material. This is a great video when you have the time that really sums up his theory well from the horse's mouth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2qE0lOIBtE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com