#16 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,948 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:13 AM

Post what you guys are gonna do and I'll do my best to make it. Next game is Friday right?

#17 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:11 AM

I know for the regular season, me and my friend that's a Steelers fan (he's from Pennsylvania) will be going to KBJ's every Sunday.

#18 CAVSS

CAVSS

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:44 AM

I dont know about you guys but I'm sooooo sick of "sorry man this is a Pittsburgh, Patriots, Baltimore, etc..."bar. Eff that crap. Never walk into a sports bar in Philly and hear "sorry guys this is a Chargers bar". One of the worst parts of living in S.Eastern NC IMO.

Our next best is going to a bar that is showing every game and all the Waitresses and bar tenders are running around in Brady and Teabow jerseys. Such B.S.

I get home from Afghanistan the first week of Sept. So I'll be home for the first regular season game. I'm gonna go to A little place that a few of my friends work at called Billy Goats. One big screen. Only showing the Carolina game. They dont serve food but I'm just gonna order pizza and wings.

This is my first post in a while (sketchy internet out here). I'm kinda upset that the pie was reset. I'm suddenly a noob. lol

#19 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,948 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:02 PM

Where is this Billy Goats place? And what is it if they don't serve food, just a bar?

Honestly I prefer to watch games at my house... But it would be nice to have a place to go where I knew there would be Panthers fans and not a bunch of Steelers/Cowboys/skins/Pats fans...

PS- gave u some pie. :)

#20 CAVSS

CAVSS

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:55 PM

Its on Market St. Across from the old Firehouse/Sports Pub/ Market St Saloon/Whatever it is this week. Yeah its just a little bar.Older crowd mostly nice people but its always been pretty dead on Sundays so my plan is to pretty much take it over as a Panther fan hangout on gameday. And thanks for the pie!

#21 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,066 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:36 PM

Where is this Billy Goats place? And what is it if they don't serve food, just a bar?

Honestly I prefer to watch games at my house... But it would be nice to have a place to go where I knew there would be Panthers fans and not a bunch of Steelers/Cowboys/skins/Pats fans...

PS- gave u some pie. :)

Across the street from one of Bruce Cavanaughs car dealerships...

A little sketchy but I usually go there on Sundays for a game or two.

#22 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:46 PM

Its on Market St. Across from the old Firehouse/Sports Pub/ Market St Saloon/Whatever it is this week. Yeah its just a little bar.Older crowd mostly nice people but its always been pretty dead on Sundays so my plan is to pretty much take it over as a Panther fan hangout on gameday. And thanks for the pie!

Hows the beer there? Also, hows the food? Worth a damn?

#23 CAVSS

CAVSS

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:20 PM

Beer is all standard stuff for a hole in the wall bar. Food in nonexistent but they let you order in so I would just order some pizza or if a few of us were down throw in on something together or even pot luck......whatever.

#24 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,609 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:13 AM

So I just landed a job as a bartender at a little bar in Leland called the Shamrock. It's a little white building on the right, right past the entrance to Magnolia Greens on highway 17. It used to be JW's, and was a poo hole. The current owner bought it from whoever owned it, after they decided not to let JW's renew their lease, and he completely gutted it and redid the inside. Jerry, the owner, also part owns Hells Kitchen, and was the previous owner of Rum Runners and The Sand Dollar.

It's a pretty nice private spot. No large crowds and has 6 large flat-pannel TV's around the bar. We have 30 beers and a full liquor selection. Anyhow, I'll be tending bar this Friday, so if anyone, or everyone, wants to come down that would be awesome. It's only about 5miles outside of town.

#25 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,900 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:18 AM

So I just landed a job as a bartender at a little bar in Leland called the Shamrock. It's a little white building on the right, right past the entrance to Magnolia Greens on highway 17. It used to be JW's, and was a poo hole. The current owner bought it from whoever owned it, after they decided not to let JW's renew their lease, and he completely gutted it and redid the inside. Jerry, the owner, also part owns Hells Kitchen, and was the previous owner of Rum Runners and The Sand Dollar.

It's a pretty nice private spot. No large crowds and has 6 large flat-pannel TV's around the bar. We have 30 beers and a full liquor selection. Anyhow, I'll be tending bar this Friday, so if anyone, or everyone, wants to come down that would be awesome. It's only about 5miles outside of town.

You gonna stake the flag in the ground and deem it a Panthers Bar before some white trash Yankees claim it for one of their teams.

#26 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,379 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:21 AM

You gonna stake the flag in the ground and deem it a Panthers Bar before some white trash Yankees claim it for one of their teams.

This.

#27 G()AT

G()AT

The Greatest of All Time

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:24 AM

Wilmington Ale House is fuging awful. Home of overpriced stale beer, and the most clusterfug of "fans" i've ever seen.

Do yourselves a favor and find another location.

Goat and Compass, downtown is small but has great deals and is a panthers joint.

Time Out in North Chase isn't bad, and always has poo on the cheap. (though its always filled with old people, and cash only)

Courts and Sports

fug, Any decent small bar that serves food you can generally take over. Just avoid the known shitbars such as...

Drifters (Shittsburgh)
Copper Penny (Eagles)
Hells Kitchen (I hear they got a lot of Boston fans)

Stop funding corporate "sports bars" like fail house and BWW.

Support local bars/restaurants who are willing to put your game on

#28 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,609 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:27 AM

The owner is a bears fan, and the other bartender is a Giants fan. But at this point it's not any "teams" bar.

#29 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:37 AM

Wilmington Ale House is fuging awful. Home of overpriced stale beer, and the most clusterfug of "fans" i've ever seen.

Do yourselves a favor and find another location.

Goat and Compass, downtown is small but has great deals and is a panthers joint.

Time Out in North Chase isn't bad, and always has poo on the cheap. (though its always filled with old people, and cash only)

Courts and Sports

fug, Any decent small bar that serves food you can generally take over. Just avoid the known shitbars such as...

Drifters (Shittsburgh)
Copper Penny (Eagles)
Hells Kitchen (I hear they got a lot of Boston fans)

Stop funding corporate "sports bars" like fail house and BWW.

Support local bars/restaurants who are willing to put your game on

I couldn't of said it better myself. To be honest, there isn't much to choose from sports bar wise besides that in Wilmo.

#30 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,900 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:44 AM

The owner is a bears fan, and the other bartender is a Giants fan. But at this point it's not any "teams" bar.

Opportunity for The Floppin to flex some Panther muscle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com