79 replies to this topic

#61 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:28 PM

OK, so what's the roll call for this area... based on this thread it's:

Me, floppin, Kurb, shuttlesworth (Cantrell), WilmyWood, Jinx, thunderaiden, carolinapf, bredy087, nctarheel0619, Doughboy88, cavss (soon), fuzz, and G()at

I also know that MCP, jbeason, PantherPryd, SmittyourSavior, EdwardTeach, and Bwood are here... I think chknwing is here too... DirtyMagic was here for a while, but I'm pretty sure he moved.

Who else?

Klong moved, SCP is from here but lives in SC

Isn't Bwood in Cali?

#62 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,817 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:43 PM

Isn't Bwood in Cali?

Not sure... why did I think he was here?

#63 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,613 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:00 PM

There is no doubt about the womenz thing. ILM has the hottest per capita in all of NC.

When I was coming up in Wilmington I was friends with this businessman who traveled internationally. He used to tell me "Look closely, because Wrightsville Beach has some of the hottest women you will find anywhere in the world.". Some hyperbole, maybe. But if you live ther you know it's not far from the truth.

#64 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:06 PM

I live here. Where is the crew forming up?

#65 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,560 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:19 PM

Just wanted to mention, because I forgot earlier, that I'm working at the Shamrock tonight, tomorrow night, and Friday. So if anyone wants to come out prior to Friday, please do. I'm actually at work right now, just opened though.

#66 Rip Saw

Rip Saw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:55 PM

So I just landed a job as a bartender at a little bar in Leland called the Shamrock. It's a little white building on the right, right past the entrance to Magnolia Greens on highway 17. It used to be JW's, and was a poo hole. The current owner bought it from whoever owned it, after they decided not to let JW's renew their lease, and he completely gutted it and redid the inside. Jerry, the owner, also part owns Hells Kitchen, and was the previous owner of Rum Runners and The Sand Dollar.

It's a pretty nice private spot. No large crowds and has 6 large flat-pannel TV's around the bar. We have 30 beers and a full liquor selection. Anyhow, I'll be tending bar this Friday, so if anyone, or everyone, wants to come down that would be awesome. It's only about 5miles outside of town.

I know that place- a guy used to build boats in there -

#67 Cape Fear Cat

Cape Fear Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:32 AM

You gonna stake the flag in the ground and deem it a Panthers Bar before some white trash Yankees claim it for one of their teams.

That'll probably be hard to do. Leland may as well be New Jersey South these days. Lots of retirees from up North living in Waterford, Magnolia Greens, and Brunswick Forest. No judgements, just sayin'.

#68 Cape Fear Cat

Cape Fear Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:38 AM

OK, so what's the roll call for this area... based on this thread it's:

Me, floppin, Kurb, shuttlesworth (Cantrell), WilmyWood, Jinx, thunderaiden, carolinapf, bredy087, nctarheel0619, Doughboy88, cavss (soon), fuzz, and G()at

I also know that MCP, jbeason, PantherPryd, SmittyourSavior, EdwardTeach, and Bwood are here... I think chknwing is here too... DirtyMagic was here for a while, but I'm pretty sure he moved.

Who else?

Klong moved, SCP is from here but lives in SC

I am pleased to say that, excepting a few years Uncle Sam had me and a couple of years in Chapel Hill, I have been a Wilmingtonian since 1960!

#69 PntherPryd

PntherPryd

Relic

• Moderators
  • 1,822 posts
  • LocationWilmington

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:22 AM

late to the party but I could be down.

kinda like the goat and compass suggestion myself but keeping ears open. I like downtown, just hate driving home from downtown.

#70 CAVSS

CAVSS

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:35 AM

I am considering opening another place though....I have been out of the ownership phase of my life for about 3 years, and am getting the itch to do it again.

I want a place that is sports enough for weirdos to wear their jerseys on gameday, but nice enough for the ladies to want to come in the door.

Have things like best sandwiches and wings in town, with two or three nights a week having a killer seafood special caught fresh from NC waters....

Just rambling here, but it's been on my mind for a little while.

Hmmm.....perhaps we should talk; I've been having similar thoughts. If you are serious shoot me a p.m.

#71 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,019 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:51 AM

Hmmm.....perhaps we should talk; I've been having similar thoughts. If you are serious shoot me a p.m.

I'm serious, but it will be a while. Thinking like 2 years down the road.

#72 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,817 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:53 AM

I'm serious, but it will be a while. Thinking like 2 years down the road.

Location?

#73 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,560 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:00 PM

I'll be working the Shamrock tonight if anyone wants to stop in to watch the Atl / Cincy game.

#74 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:06 PM

late to the party but I could be down.

kinda like the goat and compass suggestion myself but keeping ears open. I like downtown, just hate driving home from downtown.

Me and you both. You guys would be shocked at the B-Dubs on Old Eastwood. Surprisingly a poo ton of Panthers fans.

#75 CAVSS

CAVSS

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:56 AM

Me and you both. You guys would be shocked at the B-Dubs on Old Eastwood. Surprisingly a poo ton of Panthers fans.

I do like the new B-dubs a lot better than the old one. Same overpriced product though. Still I may check it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.