Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CarolinaPanthers8789

Jonathan Stewart Signs Five Year (36.5 Million) Contract Extension

368 posts in this topic

oh no we're investing in running backs in a "passing league." what ever will we do against all of those defenses that are designed to stop the pass in such a league?

(we're probably going to run all over them and pass over the top)

3 people like this

Darin Gantt @daringantt

With Stewart locked up, Panthers' core is stable. Only projected starters whose contracts expire this year are CB Munnerlyn and FS Martin.

I love the sound of that.

Yep, Cap is not getting a new contract after this year. So no point in making him a starter either, somebody else is gonna take that number 2 position.

Schefter says it's 22.5 mil guaranteed, BTW

We pay our running back's well, you still have to have a solid running game to win the Super Bowl

Don't give me that Aaron Rodgers crap because James Starks went off in the playoffs.

Also see the Patriots last year...

Tolbert and Cam will account for 40% of our ground production.....and we have all that cash/cap invested in that other percentage.

Well, we

Think you're over estimating the amount of carries Tolbert will get.

Only pessimist/trolls will actually complain about this deal.

Hurney has demonstrated time after time that he knows what he is doing when it comes to the salary cap.

We always doubt him when he hands out a deal, and then he comes back and justifies it. ALWAYS

It's time to celebrate, not be a negative nancy.

4 people like this

We pay our running back's well, you still have to have a solid running game to win the Super Bowl

Don't give me that Aaron Rodgers crap because James Starks went off in the playoffs.

Also see the Patriots last year...

LOL

Before I hear a ton of bitching from the idiots who don't know how a NFL cap works, just realize that you all bitched last season about us being over the cap this yerar and we magically got to 8 million under. If there is one thing Hurney can do it's manage the cap, so shut the hell up.

2 people like this

LOL

Laugh all you want but the cliche "you have to run the ball to open up the pass" is actually very evident.

1 person likes this

LOL

Hey buddy, why don't you go back to deep-throating your boyfriend and turn the Saints* game on?

1 person likes this

Panthers organization continues to make great moves best move this season so far glad he's locked up i couldnt stand the thought of seeing him run one of our defenders over on another team...

Laugh all you want but the cliche "you have to run the ball to open up the pass" is actually very evident.

Eli Manning, Rodgers, Stafford, Brady all had no running game last year.