Photo
* * * * - 13 votes

Jonathan Stewart Signs Five Year (36.5 Million) Contract Extension

Best Answer Kurb, 11 August 2012 - 05:38 PM

I would say I am shocked so many of you fail to see the implications of this waste of money in RunningBacks, then I remember Im the local badguy lately for saying we spend too much on runningbacks and you are all incredible homers. Go to the full post

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
368 replies to this topic

#226 cookinbrak

cookinbrak

tastes like chicken...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:51 PM

Late to the party (had to work).

Maybe they frontloaded DWills contract with the understanding that he'd restructure and free up money for Stewie? And DWill agreed that it made sense.

90 million? That's total, not this year. Even if it was, that's 18 mil a year over 5 years for 3 RBs. Denver paid that for a QB. We'll win more games than Denver this year.

#227 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,270 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:54 AM

Think you're over estimating the amount of carries Tolbert will get.

Double Trouble last year
66% of our rushing yards
43% of our rushing TDs.

So if our D is weak again, Cam will be in passing formations often. That limits Williams' chances. Tolbert is the ideal RB as a pass protector and screen pass guy....but it also means he will still rushes in that role IMO.

So suggesting Double Trouble this year will be roughly 60% of our ground game isn't far fetched. Cam isn't going to stop running. He was our leading rusher tonight out of starters...just like we saw last preseason and often last year.

I would suggest you need to factor in our D won't allow us to pound RBs. Shotgun means more Cam running and more potential looks for Tolbert

They are both great RBs...but that isn't the end all be all to the conversation people like to spin it as.

#228 ThPantherFan

ThPantherFan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:42 AM

What! You mean there's not 10 pages of silly ass gifs up! Has some maturity come to this board? Hoping so, but probably not.

#229 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,945 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:00 AM

I'm glad we won't lose Stewart but I'm still not a fan of this kind of spending on a concept that has not worked for us to date. Get the team a freaking DT or CB for fugs sake.

#230 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:14 AM

Am finding myself wishing that Kurb and CRA would just go ahead and switch to a team like the Saints*/Packers to support. They are obviously the types of teams they wish they had

#231 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,019 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:13 PM

No Comment!

#232 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,455 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:15 PM

Am finding myself wishing that Kurb and CRA would just go ahead and switch to a team like the Saints**/Packers to support. They are obviously the types of teams they wish they had

Annual playoff team?

Yes, I would like one of those very much.

#233 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,377 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:21 PM

I'm absolutely fine with J-stew's contract, however I've never been a fan of d-will's.

#234 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,332 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:28 PM

I don't care about the financial stuff because it isn't my job to worry about that. I'm just happy that we resigned him. He's a great guy and a great player.

#235 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,019 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:29 PM

Am finding myself wishing that Kurb and CRA would just go ahead and switch to a team like the Saints**/Packers to support. They are obviously the types of teams they wish they had

Kurb and I both want a team that is built to win consistently in the NFL.

We do not believe that Marty is building this team to do that.

We now have a QB that can make WR's better than they really are for the first time, and we need to invest some money in some very important positions. Such as CB, DT, DE, and OT possibly.

Yes, it seems that we will be able to run the ball, but what if we can't get off the field on 3rd down? What if we can't stop anyone in the pass game. That leads to about an 8-8 team, and another year down the drain.

We have not built this team the way the Colts did with Manning, we are going crazy at the RB and LB positions.

Saints* won the SB when they finally had a good D.

Brady won his titles when he had a good D.

Manning 1 won his only title when he had a good D.

Giants won their titles with great D play in the post season.

Packers won their last one with a good D.

None of them were crushing people with their ground games like we seem to want to do.

#236 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,529 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:42 PM

I'm glad we won't lose Stewart but I'm still not a fan of this kind of spending on a concept that has not worked for us to date. Get the team a freaking DT or CB for fugs sake.

You can't blame our lack of winning on our run game over the past few years. Particularly before last year, that is the only part of our offense that has worked. And the money we have spent on the running game has not stopped us from spending on other parts of the team. What we spent on Johnson and Gamble is more than we spent on Double Trouble, Cam, and Tolbert.

#237 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,791 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:48 PM

Preparing for Kurb bitching ;)

Keep your strengths strong.

...and your weaknesses weak.

#238 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:16 PM

Annual playoff team?

Yes, I would like one of those very much.

don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. you'll fit right in with those guys

#239 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,270 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:16 PM

Yeah, bc no one outside of Carolina has ever questioned this madness....

I would suspect there are things you don't agree with as well....next time I see you making any comment that isn't positive about something or someone...I will then pick a random team and suggest you follow them from now on. Cool?

#240 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:22 PM

Yeah, bc no one outside of Carolina has ever questioned this madness....

I would suspect there are things you don't agree with as well....next time I see you making any comment that isn't positive about something or someone...I will then pick a random team and suggest you follow them from now on. Cool?

you've harped on it long enough. accept it or move on

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.