52 replies to this topic

#31 Carolina Mike

Carolina Mike

It's a Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:14 PM

Smokescreen....... We can't let everyone know how great we really are.

#32 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,496 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:14 PM

What on God's green earth makes you think Chud is a better head coach than Ron? Chud needs to concentrate on scoring in the 2nd half this season, leave the head coaching to Ron.

I'm not really worried because this team doesn't use it's full playbook in the preseason.

I am a little worried because it feels like we aren't fundamentally sound on defense. Guys get open easy and run the ball easy on us. You would think we could consistently stop something, anything!

More like RR/Mcdermott needs to concentrate on the defense from 1st-2nd half this season.

A lot of team with better defense than ours last year couldve won a couple more games if they had an offense like ours.

#33 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:23 PM

Same story as last year. Same problems. Same dumb looks on the sideline from the staff. Same poor 3rd down rate on on and D, same lame coverage units. Its too bad. This team has no discipline.

#34 carolinapf

carolinapf

The Judge

• HUDDLER
  • 3,077 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:33 PM

Geezzz...first PRE season game and you want the guys throat ...lol...if you familiarize yourself with PRE-season play it's nothing but tryouts for the rest of the squad...there have been many a 0-4 PRE season teams actually came out and made it to the playoffs....and beyond....chill people please...

#35 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,900 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:45 PM

Well, I didn't even see the game (because of a big family party), but I have watched some plays, listened to some "experts", and scrutinized some huddlers' reactions. From what I gather, the game was about getting players' feet wet and dusting off the cobwebs.

It's just preseason, and the first preseason game at that. As such, there is not that much more or less to be concerned about than the concerns everyone had before the game. Everyone should not expect a pretty game coming out the gate, especially with such a relatively young team. From what I gather, the off-season moves that were made (including the draft) pretty much manifested themselves positively tonight when looked at from a rational, mature perspective (which I believe Rivera will). Luke, Meanie, Adams, Murphy, Campbell and Nakamura made their presence felt in limited action (for the most part). The thing that we should look for is a little progression from week to week as we get closer to the season from our newly acquired key players on both sides of the football.

#36 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,536 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:46 PM

hey look i found a news article that pertains to this thread

http://www.theonion....season-g,21211/

#37 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,144 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:51 PM

I want to see some improvement on ST especially, but across the board. As a D guru I expected a little more from that unit.

I didn't even read your response. Just wanted to draw attention to you gif and how we now have the greatest RB core in football history.

Carry on.

#38 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,407 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:06 AM

Had this thread been posted pre-game, it would have been littered with comments about the brilliance of Rivera.

Following 1 pre-season game against a strong Texans team, a game in which we played them even in the first half, and would have been ahead if not for a ST td, we now believe Ron can't coach.

The Huddle never fails to entertain.

#39 MasterAwesome

MasterAwesome

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:08 AM

hey look i found a news article that pertains to this thread

http://www.theonion....season-g,21211/

Lol it's pretty ironic that the Giants DID end up going on to win the superbowl...maybe that "fan" was actually a prophet. I know that entire article is made-up, but it's still funny in hindsight.

#40 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,676 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:39 AM

One game, people are doubting RR already...oh huddle.

#41 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:01 AM

In all fairness to everyone, it looked worse than it was, and it looked worse than I thought it would be. The way we talk, and the way we think, it should have been 200-0 Panthers.

#42 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,227 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:08 AM

Cam Newton was Rivera's pick. LONG LIVE CHICO!

Chud is overrated around here. Cam is a human highlight reel....then Norv's son steals some of daddy's trick plays and tells Chud he should run them and suddenly Chud is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Chud is a good coach. Cam made him look great.

#43 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,676 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:26 AM

Cam Newton was Rivera's pick. LONG LIVE CHICO!

Chud is overrated around here. Cam is a human highlight reel....then Norv's son steals some of daddy's trick plays and tells Chud he should run them and suddenly Chud is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Chud is a good coach. Cam made him look great.

I honestly think it's a perfect mixture of Chuds offensive mind and Newtons god given talents. They just meshed well.

#44 IAmLost

IAmLost

Lost

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:29 AM

Lol this is ridiculous. I expected a few over-reactors, with a majority of "it's only preseason"ers, but this is truly a surprise.... Its one preseason game! You expect people to be playing their hearts out in a preseason game? Ron Rivera should be screaming at his team even though they are playing games that don't count just yet?

All of this is ridiculous crying at this point, things looked close when the starters were out, and both sides didn't even have their full team out and neither team were using full playbooks. They are evaluating players, how they will react in certain situations. If they are ahead the entire time, then it doesn't show fully accurate evaluations(Need to see how players handle playing whilst down in the scores as well).

I suggest saving your tears till the games actually matter.

#45 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,113 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:38 AM

first game of preseason. none of it matters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.