Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest MyDigBick

Jimmy Clausen just isn't bad

60 posts in this topic

Personally, I think you have to look at the roster spot and wonder if he is ever going to be worth it. I would cut him, sign a young QB to put on the PS. If we ever get down to our 3rd QB, we are losing the game anyway.

1 person likes this

Jimmy just came to the worst team to get his development into the NFL started...he was thrown out there inexperienced and with the O-line he had his first year was atrocious...there was no gradual adaptation to the speed of the offense and no real connection with the receivers...Fox ruined that poor boy.....but yea he will never start for a NFL team..sadly...

What makes you think Clausen could have been a sucessful QB in this league?

-His size

-His arm strength

-His pocket awareness

-His athletic ability

-His leadership

-His decision making

-His pin point accuracy

I really want to know.

Jimmy just came to the worst team to get his development into the NFL started...he was thrown out there inexperienced and with the O-line he had his first year was atrocious...there was no gradual adaptation to the speed of the offense and no real connection with the receivers...Fox ruined that poor boy.....but yea he will never start for a NFL team..sadly...

Hogwash. He had a good OL, Pro Bowl WR, best RB duo in the NFL AND a decent D. He made them look bad.

Clausen makes OLs look bad. Not them. He did it at Notre Dame. OL took the blame for his horrific pocket presence. He can't go downfield out of the pocket. You put him out there with out starters and he would immediately start scrambling, sensing pressures, not making the throws.....and taking sacks.

He plays exactly like he did at Notre Dame. Fox didn't do that, he couldnt fix it. Playing like he did at Notre Dame won't work.....NFL has talent and eats him up when he does that vintage Clausen slo mo scrambling

2 people like this

I agree with CRA. I DVR'd the game last night, went back and watched clausen play. He would not get rid of the ball. he was holding onto it for more than 3 seconds each sack, and they teach you as a QB to get rid of the ball as soon as you hit that 3 second mark. he has horrendous pocket awareness and is gunshy. It sucks for him that he is broken, but we really need to move on from him.

1 person likes this

He's kind of like watching a train wreck playing QB.

Clausen sucks....I just gave up hope on him! Cut him

I actually thought that one deep throw to Edwards in the end zone was nice. It was a bad decision since the coverage was so tight...but the throw itself was spot on. I just think Jimmy needs some confidence and has to feel comfortable in the pocket. His protection was damn horrible too....even when the Texans rushed 4, they'd get to the QB within 2 seconds it seemed like.

I wish the Panthers kept a 4th QB on the 90-man roster so Clausen would have some competition at the #3 spot. I think 3 QBs on the roster is ideal in the NFL, so I don't see them getting rid of Clausen unless they have someone to replace him with.

May I suggest Russell Wilson in Seattle...

I'd cut Clausen just to Add Usain Bolt as Cam's personal Gatorade Delivery Person.

Jimmy = worst panther ever ??

I DVR'd the game last night, went back and watched clausen play.

I'm a masochist too, but that's well beyond the line, good sir. Maybe we can get you on Taboo when they shoot their next self inflicted pain documentary!