61 replies to this topic

#31 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,493 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:26 PM

He's the worst quarterback I've ever seen at this level.

#32 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,109 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:36 PM

There is no amount of beer that could have made that look acceptable.
Or liquor.
Or marijuana.
Or heroin for that matter.

I hope Jimmy lives a happy, long, successful life but just please get the fug out of Charlotte.

I threw up in my mouth watching his performance. It was putrid.

#33 carolinapf

carolinapf

The Judge

• HUDDLER
  • 3,038 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:56 PM

Jimmy just came to the worst team to get his development into the NFL started...he was thrown out there inexperienced and with the O-line he had his first year was atrocious...there was no gradual adaptation to the speed of the offense and no real connection with the receivers...Fox ruined that poor boy.....but yea he will never start for a NFL team..sadly...

#34 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,828 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:00 PM

Clawful. As expected.

#35 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,403 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:04 PM

and two valuable picks.

Yeah, but the picks are sunk cost. There is nothing we can do about them and no point in worrying about them now (not that I think you were).

The roster spots are here and now. Do the right thing Marty.

#36 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,324 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:35 PM

I still say cut Clausen and use Armanti as our 3rd QB...can't be any worse...right?

Great, you had to remind everyone about the other wasted draft pick and roster spot still wearing Panther unis.

#37 DeeJay

DeeJay

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts
  • LocationHell Paso Texas

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:37 PM

Cut the bitch.

#38 TheOracle

TheOracle

Know-It-All

• HUDDLER
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:05 AM

Jimmy just came to the worst team to get his development into the NFL started...he was thrown out there inexperienced and with the O-line he had his first year was atrocious...there was no gradual adaptation to the speed of the offense and no real connection with the receivers...Fox ruined that poor boy.....but yea he will never start for a NFL team..sadly...

Plenty of guys who didn't pan out can say they went to the "wrong" team for them at the time.

Clausen should've been better than Delhomme based on the hype that surrounded him entering college and the draft. He isn't even 25% of the player Delhomme was under Fox.

#39 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,403 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:11 AM

There is no amount of beer that could have made that look acceptable.
Or liquor.
Or marijuana.
Or heroin for that matter.

Clawful. As expected.

These posts are classics. Would have pied if I could. Thanks for the laughs.

#40 MasterAwesome

MasterAwesome

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:16 AM

I actually thought that one deep throw to Edwards in the end zone was nice. It was a bad decision since the coverage was so tight...but the throw itself was spot on. I just think Jimmy needs some confidence and has to feel comfortable in the pocket. His protection was damn horrible too....even when the Texans rushed 4, they'd get to the QB within 2 seconds it seemed like.

I wish the Panthers kept a 4th QB on the 90-man roster so Clausen would have some competition at the #3 spot. I think 3 QBs on the roster is ideal in the NFL, so I don't see them getting rid of Clausen unless they have someone to replace him with.

#41 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,812 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:09 AM

Wonder what goes through the minds of defensive line players when they see Jimmy under center. Time to pad the stats!

I had the same thought. II also thought, "nobody can suck the life out of a stadium faster than Jimmy Clausen." Rarely do you see lines at the gates leaving a stadium.

#42 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,812 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:24 AM

Personally, I think you have to look at the roster spot and wonder if he is ever going to be worth it. I would cut him, sign a young QB to put on the PS. If we ever get down to our 3rd QB, we are losing the game anyway.

#43 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:24 AM

What makes you think Clausen could have been a sucessful QB in this league?

-His size
-His arm strength
-His pocket awareness
-His athletic ability
-His leadership
-His decision making
-His pin point accuracy

I really want to know.

#44 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,097 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:30 AM

Hogwash. He had a good OL, Pro Bowl WR, best RB duo in the NFL AND a decent D. He made them look bad.

Clausen makes OLs look bad. Not them. He did it at Notre Dame. OL took the blame for his horrific pocket presence. He can't go downfield out of the pocket. You put him out there with out starters and he would immediately start scrambling, sensing pressures, not making the throws.....and taking sacks.

He plays exactly like he did at Notre Dame. Fox didn't do that, he couldnt fix it. Playing like he did at Notre Dame won't work.....NFL has talent and eats him up when he does that vintage Clausen slo mo scrambling

#45 Cracka McNasty

Cracka McNasty

WWNPHD?

• HUDDLER
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:38 AM

I agree with CRA. I DVR'd the game last night, went back and watched clausen play. He would not get rid of the ball. he was holding onto it for more than 3 seconds each sack, and they teach you as a QB to get rid of the ball as soon as you hit that 3 second mark. he has horrendous pocket awareness and is gunshy. It sucks for him that he is broken, but we really need to move on from him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.