#46 TerriblePizza

TerriblePizza

Bringin dat Gamecock swag

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,221 posts
  • LocationCamden, SC

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:38 AM

He's kind of like watching a train wreck playing QB.

#47 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,375 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:14 AM

Clausen sucks....I just gave up hope on him! Cut him

#48 redbuddha

redbuddha

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationCentral Alabama

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:26 PM

I actually thought that one deep throw to Edwards in the end zone was nice. It was a bad decision since the coverage was so tight...but the throw itself was spot on. I just think Jimmy needs some confidence and has to feel comfortable in the pocket. His protection was damn horrible too....even when the Texans rushed 4, they'd get to the QB within 2 seconds it seemed like.

I wish the Panthers kept a 4th QB on the 90-man roster so Clausen would have some competition at the #3 spot. I think 3 QBs on the roster is ideal in the NFL, so I don't see them getting rid of Clausen unless they have someone to replace him with.

May I suggest Russell Wilson in Seattle...

#49 redbuddha

redbuddha

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationCentral Alabama

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:44 PM

I'd cut Clausen just to Add Usain Bolt as Cam's personal Gatorade Delivery Person.

#50 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,412 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:33 PM

The people who are talking poo about the Clausen haters are really clueless. In 2010 some people had Jimmy going #1 overall in the entire draft to the Rams, he was thought of that damn highly. Hell, I can't remember reading a single draft that didn't have Jimmy going in at least the top 10 that year. There were scouting reports comparing Jimmy to Kurt Warner and Mel Kiper was acting like JC actually stood for Jesus Christ.

When you have that kind of hype behind you while acting like a douche like he does, and when you fail as bad as he has, people are going to hate you.

#51 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,369 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:11 PM

Jimmy = worst panther ever ??

#52 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,904 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:00 PM

I DVR'd the game last night, went back and watched clausen play.

I'm a masochist too, but that's well beyond the line, good sir. Maybe we can get you on Taboo when they shoot their next self inflicted pain documentary!

#53 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 11,229 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:56 PM

Russell wilson isn't getting cut get over it

#54 Guest_Day24Day7_*

Guest_Day24Day7_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:01 PM

Clausen "Is Who He Is". We all know that. But how in the Blue H#LL can you call last nights game ... 'Great'?

Yes there were Some Individual Bright Spots But Over-All ... This TEAM Needs Work.

38 Minutes the D-fense was on the field. That Killed Us Last Year.
174 Rushing Yards Allowed. 375 Total Yards Allowed: In a PRACTICE GAME.
I-85 Size Holes in the Secondary Allowing for Numerous 15 -25 yrd Plays.
Allowed 50% 3rd Down Conversion.
Average Gain per Play: Houston 5.4 yrds - Panthers 3.0
We had 137 Total Yards of Offense.
Special Teams Play Over-all? Nothing to Say. You Saw It.

Sure this was only a Pre-season game. But guess what? It was a Pre-season game for EVERY team in the NFL. Everybody was evaluating players and trying different things out. All teams have Injured Starters and 2nd Teams guys. Tackling and Blocking and Catching and Passing are Football B-a-s-i-c-s. During the Season they are the difference between winning and losing. You Play How You Practice. Let me prove my point:

It has been reported at camp that Cam has looked really good on some days and missing or over throwing receivers on others. Well ... last night must have been one of those off days. Plus, has there been a day in camp when he did not throw an interception? He got a lucky bounce last night but the interception was there to be had. I think he will be ok for the season but maybe he needs to work on "Looking Off" Defenders or Pump Faking. Just saying.

It's been reported that Lafelle looked good some days in camp and that he sometimes gave up on routes. Well ... I thought he gave up on a couple last night. Maybe not. Just what I saw.

Our Amazing Rookie Linebacker Has Been a Beast in Camp (it has been reported). His play last night was Superb. He played just as it has been said he Practices.

Last Week Rivera had to stop practice to Chew Some Butt because the team was just going through the motions. I thought that Many of them were playing Un-Inspired last night. They just looked Flat ... Overall. There is more than enough time to work on many things. I remember thinking Maybe they were told to go 3/4 Speed to Minimize Injuries. Who Knows? I just think that Professional Football Players who Fans Pay Good Money to See (Even in a Practice Game) Should Respect the Fan Base and Always Put Out Their Best Effort. No body expects 'Lights Out' Play for a pre-season game. Still the E-f-f-o-r-t could have been better. After all; Even guys on the 'Bubble' who barely make the 53 man roster will earn Hundreds of Thousands. Much More than the Majority of Fans who will Pay to see them Play and Support This Team.

It was just the first Practice Game so No Harm-No Foul. I hope by the Next Practice Game ... The Effort Put Forth Is Greater. Just My Opinion ...

#55 broseidon

broseidon

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationYour daughters dorm room

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:04 PM

Jimmy is trade bait... God I hope someone out there is stupid enough to take him

#56 Toundra

Toundra

100% French meat

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:29 AM

Jimmy = worst panther ever ??

New fan detected..

i'll give you one, just one, Jeff Lewis.

#57 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,481 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:28 AM

New fan detected..

i'll give you one, just one, Jeff Lewis.

This could be fun! Me next! Ummmmm......

Sherrod Martin? nah, too soon.

Jeff Otah? nah could actually play.

Stefan Leflours, or Eric Shelton? that'll work

#58 Iceberg Slim

Iceberg Slim

Keep it 100

• HUDDLER
  • 2,087 posts
  • Locationwhatcha worried about it for

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:04 PM

what can you say about Pickles that hasn't been said...

#59 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,810 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 14 August 2012 - 12:55 AM

I honestly have no idea why clausen is still a Panther.

He should be part of the cuts.

#60 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,709 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:05 AM

Clausen "Is Who He Is". We all know that. But how in the Blue H#LL can you call last nights game ... 'Great'?

Yes there were Some Individual Bright Spots But Over-All ... This TEAM Needs Work.

38 Minutes the D-fense was on the field. That Killed Us Last Year.
174 Rushing Yards Allowed. 375 Total Yards Allowed: In a PRACTICE GAME.
I-85 Size Holes in the Secondary Allowing for Numerous 15 -25 yrd Plays.
Allowed 50% 3rd Down Conversion.
Average Gain per Play: Houston 5.4 yrds - Panthers 3.0
We had 137 Total Yards of Offense.
Special Teams Play Over-all? Nothing to Say. You Saw It.

Sure this was only a Pre-season game. But guess what? It was a Pre-season game for EVERY team in the NFL. Everybody was evaluating players and trying different things out. All teams have Injured Starters and 2nd Teams guys. Tackling and Blocking and Catching and Passing are Football B-a-s-i-c-s. During the Season they are the difference between winning and losing. You Play How You Practice. Let me prove my point:

It has been reported at camp that Cam has looked really good on some days and missing or over throwing receivers on others. Well ... last night must have been one of those off days. Plus, has there been a day in camp when he did not throw an interception? He got a lucky bounce last night but the interception was there to be had. I think he will be ok for the season but maybe he needs to work on "Looking Off" Defenders or Pump Faking. Just saying.

It's been reported that Lafelle looked good some days in camp and that he sometimes gave up on routes. Well ... I thought he gave up on a couple last night. Maybe not. Just what I saw.

Our Amazing Rookie Linebacker Has Been a Beast in Camp (it has been reported). His play last night was Superb. He played just as it has been said he Practices.

Last Week Rivera had to stop practice to Chew Some Butt because the team was just going through the motions. I thought that Many of them were playing Un-Inspired last night. They just looked Flat ... Overall. There is more than enough time to work on many things. I remember thinking Maybe they were told to go 3/4 Speed to Minimize Injuries. Who Knows? I just think that Professional Football Players who Fans Pay Good Money to See (Even in a Practice Game) Should Respect the Fan Base and Always Put Out Their Best Effort. No body expects 'Lights Out' Play for a pre-season game. Still the E-f-f-o-r-t could have been better. After all; Even guys on the 'Bubble' who barely make the 53 man roster will earn Hundreds of Thousands. Much More than the Majority of Fans who will Pay to see them Play and Support This Team.

It was just the first Practice Game so No Harm-No Foul. I hope by the Next Practice Game ... The Effort Put Forth Is Greater. Just My Opinion ...

I'm not Sure how to read Your Post. Do the Capitalized words have Special Meaning? Then I guess the ones in Bold have Really Special Meaning?

Seriously, it is not as bad as you are making it out. Our stat line was not that different than Houston's at the half. The score was tied in spite of a kick return TD. You may not have liked Cam's stat line, but check the lines on some of the other top QB's in the league this week. Look at the bad pick thrown by Matt Schaub.

It's preseason. Relax a bit until the stat lines really matter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com