Photo
- - - - -

rivera presser tweets

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#16 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

SUPPORTER

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:30 PM

Did anyone else see Captain getting abused?

#17 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

SUPPORTER

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:37 PM

Of course. I can't remember exactly which play, but I think it was one of the critical conversions on their first drive, after the reception and the replay I was like "yup, of course that was Capt's man...".

#18 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:40 PM

Oh yeah. Not surprised.

Not a reaction to today. I've felt for awhile that he isn't NFL-level CB material.

#19 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:46 PM

Yeah if we have a good season it will be in spite of a couple guys. We have some definite wholes but everyone does.

#20 PantherMan89

PantherMan89

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:25 AM

I'd be worried if captain wasn't getting abused.....

#21 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

Davey Gettlebear's Panthers

SUPPORTER

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:08 AM

Of course. I can't remember exactly which play, but I think it was one of the critical conversions on their first drive, after the reception and the replay I was like "yup, of course that was Capt's man...".

it was keshawn martin on a crossing route. captain completely lost him on his break and he was wide open.

#22 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:39 AM

We were playing a zone defense and got ZERO pressure Norge QB. The WR settled into the soft spit of the zone and Schaub played pitch and catch with him.

I am not a Munnerlyn fan, but thatbplaybhad more to do with the DL than with the secondary.

#23 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

HUDDLER

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:50 AM

The only thing that our 1st Preseason game proved is that, on their own, our backups are weak. I hope that our defensive coverage of TE's is better with our 1st teams defense. Houston's QB beat us continually down the middle of the field to TE's. Our CB's played 10 - 15 back off of the WR's, I guess to keep from getting burned deep, we couldn't stop the run and of course had very little pass rush. I'm not very pleased with McDermott game plan. I hope he was just being vanilla for Preseason.

#24 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

SUPPORTER

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:00 AM

We were playing a zone defense and got ZERO pressure Norge QB. The WR settled into the soft spit of the zone and Schaub played pitch and catch with him.

I am not a Munnerlyn fan, but thatbplaybhad more to do with the DL than with the secondary.

How dare you not be ignorant and provide some sort of clarity to the situation.

cut madhatter

#25 Spaceballs83

Spaceballs83

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:02 AM

Defense is worrying me. Mostly Special teams though. If we cannot get that secondary right its going to be a long season.

#26 EasternJ

EasternJ

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:52 AM

Defense is worrying me. Mostly Special teams though. If we cannot get that secondary right its going to be a long season.

It was definitely ugly and although it was preseason game #1, it was also Houston's preseason game #1 and they did some marching throughout the game.

#27 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

HUDDLER

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:41 PM

Neblett was right in schaubs face, he caught it right in front of munnerlyns face

#28 thunderraiden

thunderraiden

Thunder God Member

HUDDLER

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:52 PM

Remember when we destroyed the Giants first preseason game last year with Clausen as the starter and we went on win the Super Bowl while the Giants went 6-10?

Me neither.

#29 jarhead

jarhead

HUDDLER

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:46 PM

No way to sugarcoat it ....we looked bad on offense and defense.Lb play was improved but we were still giving up big chunks of yards on defense . Chud was not game planning which makes the offense looks worse than it is.Cam looked flat Anderson was OK and Clausen was Clausen like.We need to put that guy out of his misery and ours.