Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, all you 12-13 win people.....

46 posts in this topic

Posted

Panthers will win the SB if the defense does what the offense did last year.

Why would the defense do that? Are they getting a genius coordinator, Cam Newton, Olson, Shockey, and Hangman worth of upgrades.

Posted

The Panthers looked great in that 1st quarter with the starters out there. Cam was great and those guys were rolling. I agree with Kalil this team is going to win the Super Bowl. Then I woke up and watched that 1st quarter. :huh:

Posted

What is the most important defensive stat? Points scored against.

The starters gave up 3 points despite Houston having the ball in good field position.

The majority of yards and points scored by Houston was on special teams and by 3rd stringers who are likely not to be on the 53 man roster.

Confuscious say: Better to keep one's mouth shut and appear a fool than open it and remove all doubt. Those drawing any conclusions from the game last night from the defense are removing all doubt.

Posted

Go back to sleep hoke.

Posted

The only conclusion I drew from last night is that people should temper enthusiasm a bit. This team has work to do.

1 person likes this

Posted

The only conclusion I drew from last night is that people should temper enthusiasm a bit. This team has work to do.

The only conclusion I drew last night is that the punters looked good must be having a good training camp! :)

Posted

I believe that is why they have training camp and preseason.............................

Posted

Why would the defense do that? Are they getting a genius coordinator, Cam Newton, Olson, Shockey, and Hangman worth of upgrades.

Did I say they would? Look at that crucial word if.

Posted

So people who try to take a reasoned approach or impart some balance by reminding folks that this was a meaningless preseason game are worse than the histrionic whiners and the blind optimists.

That is either a totally ignorant statement or this is opposite week and no one told me.............

fug it, I love knee jerk reactions and over reactions.. it makes everything nice and pleasant.. and truthful as well.

although I completely agree with the premise of this thread.. it is the preseason, and that goes for people reading into the equivalent of Cam in the preseason playing as bad as The Golden Calf of Bristol in the regular season.. and yet everyone became a witness..

Posted

All I know. First team defense forced two turnovers on a play off team. Got news for ya fellas. We consistently force turnovers we win atleast 11 games. We aren't great at forcing 3 & outs, but crank up the pressure and forcing turnovers is what we need to do to be successful!!!

Posted

I think 10 wins is accurate.

I see this as our most talented team ever and they're fully capable of winning 12-13 games, IF they come out hot and start the season early with solid chemistry.

If not, I see them dropping that 2 or 3 that they should win early and ending up catching fire late and still getting 10 wins. Regardless, I fully believe we'll make the playoffs this year, it just depends on how we start when it comes to how we'll get there (Wildcard, Division champ, etc.).

Posted

Also would like to say, Cam only threw one questionable pass IIRC, and it was the circle-type route to LaFell (cut out, sharp cut in) that the defender jumped and tipped.

He also threw an absolutely beautiful pass to Tutu, but he didn't bring it in.

My concerns were the ST and Defense, same as last year. But we honestly can't read too much into it. No one gameplanned, Phillips was starting for Beason, TD didn't play that I know of, and the Texans offense has made a lot of defenses look stupid over the last year or so. They are masters of those skinny post and seam routes. Regardless, 1st string did relatively fine considering all of that.