#31 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,048 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:51 AM

The only conclusion I drew from last night is that people should temper enthusiasm a bit. This team has work to do.

I believe that is why they have training camp and preseason.............................

#32 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,934 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:00 AM

Why would the defense do that? Are they getting a genius coordinator, Cam Newton, Olson, Shockey, and Hangman worth of upgrades.

Did I say they would? Look at that crucial word if.

#33 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,573 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:08 AM

So people who try to take a reasoned approach or impart some balance by reminding folks that this was a meaningless preseason game are worse than the histrionic whiners and the blind optimists.

That is either a totally ignorant statement or this is opposite week and no one told me.............

fug it, I love knee jerk reactions and over reactions.. it makes everything nice and pleasant.. and truthful as well.

although I completely agree with the premise of this thread.. it is the preseason, and that goes for people reading into the equivalent of Cam in the preseason playing as bad as The Golden Calf of Bristol in the regular season.. and yet everyone became a witness..

#34 toldozer

toldozer

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • 4,214 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:07 AM

All I know. First team defense forced two turnovers on a play off team. Got news for ya fellas. We consistently force turnovers we win atleast 11 games. We aren't great at forcing 3 & outs, but crank up the pressure and forcing turnovers is what we need to do to be successful!!!

#35 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 16,183 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:12 AM

I think 10 wins is accurate.

I see this as our most talented team ever and they're fully capable of winning 12-13 games, IF they come out hot and start the season early with solid chemistry.

If not, I see them dropping that 2 or 3 that they should win early and ending up catching fire late and still getting 10 wins. Regardless, I fully believe we'll make the playoffs this year, it just depends on how we start when it comes to how we'll get there (Wildcard, Division champ, etc.).

#36 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 16,183 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:17 AM

Also would like to say, Cam only threw one questionable pass IIRC, and it was the circle-type route to LaFell (cut out, sharp cut in) that the defender jumped and tipped.

He also threw an absolutely beautiful pass to Tutu, but he didn't bring it in.

My concerns were the ST and Defense, same as last year. But we honestly can't read too much into it. No one gameplanned, Phillips was starting for Beason, TD didn't play that I know of, and the Texans offense has made a lot of defenses look stupid over the last year or so. They are masters of those skinny post and seam routes. Regardless, 1st string did relatively fine considering all of that.

#37 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,465 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:32 AM

Anyone who tries to deduce anything about how the season will go from the first preseason game is an idiot.

#38 Lakelover

Lakelover

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:32 PM

To me the game only means we're one meaningless game closer to the real season.

#39 Guest_Hokebuck_*

Guest_Hokebuck_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:39 PM

To me the game only means we're one meaningless game closer to the real season.

And one meaningless training camp closer to the real season on that logic! :lol:

#40 CLEARHOT

CLEARHOT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSomewhere In NC

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:57 PM

Posted Image

#41 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,199 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:24 PM

We’ll win Super Bowl XLVII

Can we please tone it down a notch and give this team time to grow?

FUGGIN A!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#42 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:25 PM

I said 9-7 be good.

#43 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,199 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:25 PM

i think some people are just to scared to dream big.

faith and hope isn't for the weak.

#44 Panfan35

Panfan35

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:43 PM

The panthers looked great...what game were you watching? The first team offense looked like they were just going through the motions with no intensity mostly cam. First team Def got run all over, did not apply pressure for most part.

Frankly if this is what they are going to put on the field we will be lucky to win 6 games this year. Hopefully next week they show more tempo actually play like its a game cause that was hard to watch waiting for football for so long and that's what you put on the field.

#45 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,575 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:56 PM

The panthers looked great...what game were you watching? The first team offense looked like they were just going through the motions with no intensity mostly cam. First team Def got run all over, did not apply pressure for most part.

Frankly if this is what they are going to put on the field we will be lucky to win 6 games this year. Hopefully next week they show more tempo actually play like its a game cause that was hard to watch waiting for football for so long and that's what you put on the field.

Oh fugging Boo Hoo! We have 90 guys on the roster. 37 of those will be cut. How is Rivera supposed to evaluate his players if they do not play?

Oh no. We lost a preseason game. The sky is falling. We are going to suck again. Fugging gimps.

I really am getting extremely tired of Panther fans thinking they deserve a good team just because you are Panther fans! You folkers are really exasperating. Grow up. The NFL does not give a fug about you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)
Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com