Photo
- - - - -

Legit Topic: for those over evaluaters out there...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#16 Fox007

Fox007

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:27 AM

Cam does do one thing consistently no matter what type of game it is, and that is he throws the ball high.

He has to work on that, and he'll have plenty of time since he is only just starting his second season.

#17 Panths

Panths

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:37 AM

What bothers me was the energy displayed by the team. You'd think they'd be hungry it being the first game, at home, with high expectations on the season, and they'd be on fire. Cam looked like he was playing on ambien. Stew came to play but that's just because he got his payday. Dwill ran uninspired like he usually does until October. None of the receivers felt like catching either. Overall, i was disappointed in the intensity they displayed, especially after hearing Rivera getting on them for the same crap during practice.

But it's not worth freaking out over unless they still look languid in game 3

#18 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

HUDDLER

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:56 AM

What bothers me was the energy displayed by the team. You'd think they'd be hungry it being the first game, at home, with high expectations on the season, and they'd be on fire. Cam looked like he was playing on ambien. Stew came to play but that's just because he got his payday. Dwill ran uninspired like he usually does until October. None of the receivers felt like catching either. Overall, i was disappointed in the intensity they displayed, especially after hearing Rivera getting on them for the same crap during practice.

Posted Image

#19 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

Moderators

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:58 AM

Don't the Patriots typically lose all of their preseason games?

#20 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

HUDDLER

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:01 AM

Don't the Patriots typically lose all of their preseason games?

The Colts with Manning did just about every year.

#21 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

HUDDLER

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:02 AM

Why would you want our RBs running full steam in a game that is irrelevant?

God you people that take the preseason seriously need to stick your tampons back in and wait for the ride we will be on come week 1, when we actually plan and attack instead of calling basic plays.

#22 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

HUDDLER

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:05 PM

Anyone who is bitching about last nights game is entirely clueless about the point of pre season. the pre season is strictly for the coaches, they are looking at very specific traits of the guys who are fighting it out for the last few roster spots. the only reason starters play at all is just to get back into the feel of football.

#23 csx

csx

HUDDLER

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:10 PM

Why would you want our RBs running full steam in a game that is irrelevant?

God you people that take the preseason seriously need to stick your tampons back in and wait for the ride we will be on come week 1, when we actually plan and attack instead of calling basic plays.

Ron Rivera said he was disappointed in the team's effort as well. He takes it seriously so maybe you should try to tell hi what to do with his tampons. Tell it to Newton and Stewart while you are at it because they too said they were not happy with the effort.

#24 Panths

Panths

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 August 2012 - 12:12 PM

Don't care if it's the preseason game or what. When we practice half assed and then play a game assed , especially our first showing in months, you have to understand it's disheartening to a lot of people who have Ryan Kalil type expectations

#25 footballisasport

footballisasport

HUDDLER

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:05 PM

Cam does do one thing consistently no matter what type of game it is, and that is he throws the ball high.

He has to work on that, and he'll have plenty of time since he is only just starting his second season.

What I saw last night was a perfect throw to a receiver who didn't put his hands completely around it. If the ball touches your gloves, it's your ball.

He has to throw it high enough to stay out of the hands of the defense, doesn't he?

#26 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

HUDDLER

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:31 PM

Ron Rivera said he was disappointed in the team's effort as well. He takes it seriously so maybe you should try to tell hi what to do with his tampons. Tell it to Newton and Stewart while you are at it because they too said they were not happy with the effort.

Pushing the pile in a preseason game = greater chance for injury in a game that doesn't count for anything...

#27 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:40 PM

Some of you will echo the OP's sentiments in this thread and then go into the NFL Forum and harp on every mistake made by The Golden Calf of Bristol, Moore, Manning or Brees in the preseason. So which is it? Does the preseason mean anything or not?

Whichever it is, be consistent. Don't act like the preseason is meaningful for every team except for the Panthers.

#28 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

SUPPORTER

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:57 PM

Cam started out looking rusty last night, but with every snap you could see the cobwebs clearing... I'm not concerned at all.

#29 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:29 PM

The Texans won their Division last year. So they are not a bad team. They obviously had a different idea on how a first preseason game should be played. They played like it was a regular season game.

We played like a team that was evaluating, that did no game planning, and played a game meant to give Rivera film on the young guys. I know... what a novel concept.

I am dissappointed with the outcome. But I am not going to fap away over a PRESEASON game. Some of you take preseason way too serially.