Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toldozer

Curb your negativity bro cha chos!

26 posts in this topic

I don't think this will be a bend don't break defense at all. People are making way too much of what they saw last night. This defense is going to be an aggressive pressure defense. We will try to force the offense to make turnovers and dictate the pace of the game.

What I ment by bend but don't break probably isn't the correct term. Basically like what you are saying.aggressive trying to force turnovers until the red zone. Which will result in big plays for one team or the other. Then buckle down in the red zone and try and force field goals.

What I ment by bend but don't break probably isn't the correct term. Basically like what you are saying.aggressive trying to force turnovers until the red zone. Which will result in big plays for one team or the other. Then buckle down in the red zone and try and force field goals.

I agree with you that our defense will make big plays but the weakness is that it will give up some as well.

But I don't think we will play philosophically different between the 20s versus the redzone. If anything we will just dial up more pressure. I watched Jim Johnson defenses for year and you could always count on the fact we would blitz on third down and more than 5 and inside the redzone we would blitz on just about every down.

Guys... it was the 1st pre-season game.

1 person likes this

Its the preseason folks... Nothing but a glorified practice.

And OP is right, our first team D played well against one of the leagues best offenses when Schaub plays. They will play even better when Beason gets on he field.

1 person likes this

I blame it on the "ME" generation. They have the patience of a two year old. They put their time and energy into being a Panther fan. So they expect results immediately. And when that does not happen. They fap away, showing their displeasure, and letting the world know that once again they are not a happy camper.

Zod, I feel for the future with these kids in charge.

1 person likes this

Guys... it was the 1st pre-season game.

and the real games don't start for another month (ok, a few days short of a full month).

I like the LBs, CJ, Gamble and maybe Ron Edwards and that's it.

Dnt get your hopes to high on the D playing as a whole unit.

Where can I watch highlights of this game?

Nice thread.

This will be a score on us or we generate a turnover type D.

That is the JJ model they want to get to