Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Godfrey

65 posts in this topic

Posted

It's the preseason

No it's not the Preseason. We seen this for the last four seasons out of Godfrey.

1 person likes this

Posted

It's the preseason

This would be relevant if he didn't always suck in the regular season too.

Posted

It's the preseason

K, I'll make another thread during reg season when Godfrey blows another assignment.

Posted

Regardless of whether it's preseason, postseason, or regular season, Godfrey has never really been great in coverage. So when he came up to the line to cover that TE in the first quarter you knew it was going to be a mismatch. I am guessing we either didn't have enough LBs in coverage or something because you saw him move up. He does a good job in run support but his coverage skills have always been a question and it's of no surprise that he gave up plays in the passing game.

Posted

Btw, that John Cena "You can't see me" celebration after doing what he's supposed to do(like tackle or break up a pass) is very annoying. We all you can see you Charles.

Posted

Preseason or not Godfrey doesn't discriminate. He will blow an assignment in a real game, preseason, or practice.

Posted

wow, the entire secondary looked bad last year because we had no pass rush at all. you give a qb all day to throw, he will pick you apart. Godfrey may not be as good as people may want, but last year was not all his fault.

Posted

wow, the entire secondary looked bad last year because we had no pass rush at all. you give a qb all day to throw, he will pick you apart. Godfrey may not be as good as people may want, but last year was not all his fault.

Godfrey has been consistantly missing assignments and out of position every season since he arrived. Lack of pass rush doesn't seem to be his issue. His issue is he doesn't seem to play S well.

Posted

There's a pretty significant (and obvious) difference between: a DB who is playing well and is eventually being burned because the QB had time to make a sandwich before he threw a pass and a DB who is regularly not even in the same zip code as his assignment.

Yes our entire secondary looked suspect last year but Godfrey was the one who I recall most often just being in the wrong damn place.

Posted

he doesn't have the instincts or tackling ability to play S, imo. sure he jacks up a little receiver(like welker that one time, loved that one) from time to time... but if the ball carrier has any kind of moves or running power... godfrey is going to get embarassed

Posted

and in coverage it just seems like he is always a couple steps behind. its sucks because i was hoping it was jsut a conversion thing and he'd grow into the position.. but its not looking like it

Posted

Look for a safety in next year draft.

Eric Reid, Lester, McDonald or Jefferson

Rambo