#16 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:39 PM

I'm not knocking on Beason... he's my favorite Panther and has been since we drafted him ( I bought a #52 jersey during the preseason of his rookie season) just look at his tackle numbers...

2011 - 4 (injured in week 1, out for season)
2010 - 90
2009 - 111
2008 - 110
2007 - 106

Maybe I'm looking too far into it a bit.. and the addition of Kuechly might take away some more tackles, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

To me, it's been Willis #1, Beason #2 (best LB in the NFL) in his first 3 seasons, but over last 2 seasons there might be some guys (DeMarcus Ware, Terrell Suggs, Aldon Smith, Von Miller, Tamba Hali, etc.) that may have vaulted him

...let's hope he can stay healthy and put up the numbers WE ALL KNOW HE'S CAPABLE OF

Beason's here to stay. I mean dude is a monster... didn't mean to make this about him. Just haven't seen him play on that level in 2 years (yes, yes, one year he was hurt)

With Kuechly - Beason - Anderson, we'll have one of the best LB core in the NFL, I know that much.

But back to our shoddy DBs ; )

#17 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,791 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:41 PM

Beason was a Top 3 LB in the league his first three seasons... Now he's Top 10... He's still a solid asset to any team in the NFL... but he has shown signs of degression in the past 2 seasons (one being a lack luster (for Beason standards) season, the other being a season taken away by injury)

Beason isn't a former shell of himself by anymeans... but he has slipped off the ladder a bit with the likes of Patrick Willis and Clay Matthews...

Dude, do you actually expect ANYONE to agree with this drivel?

Did you just decided to say the stulpidest thing you could think of just to get a reaction? Crying over a preseason game is bad enough. But making stupid poo up about Beast is just plain childish.

#18 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,408 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:52 PM

Dude, do you actually expect ANYONE to agree with this drivel?

Did you just decided to say the stulpidest thing you could think of just to get a reaction? Crying over a preseason game is bad enough. But making stupid poo up about Beast is just plain childish.

I just think some of you guys are homers...

I never cried about preseason game... just happened to just have watched it.

This isn't about the preseason game whatsoever, or Beason, our Pro-Bowl Middle Linebacker and Franchise corner-stone and my favorite Panther...get over it and ...

...Get back to the point:

Our DBs suck and we have no depth at CB or DT

I didn't realize that was a good thing.

#19 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:53 PM

Still crying for a preseason game.... Think someone posted the main 1st stringers gave up 6 POINTS

I wouldn't hang my hat on that because it wasn't even a whole quarter.

#20 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,408 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:55 PM

Sorry, just worried that it's going to be the same old story with our DBs letting us down late in games...

Hopefullly they prove me wrong!!!!!!

#21 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,347 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:02 PM

To me, it's been Willis #1, Beason #2 (best LB in the NFL) in his first 3 seasons, but over last 2 seasons there might be some guys (DeMarcus Ware, Terrell Suggs, Aldon Smith, Von Miller, Tamba Hali, etc.) that may have vaulted him

Why are you comparing Beason to 3-4 rush LB's that might as well be called DE's? That makes no sense whatever.

And just for the record, go back and review the KO return td. There was a blatant hold on Darius Butler. How much different would everyone feel today if the call had been made?

#22 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:05 PM

I just think some of you guys are homers...

I never cried about preseason game... just happened to just have watched it.

This isn't about the preseason game whatsoever, or Beason, our Pro-Bowl Middle Linebacker and Franchise corner-stone and my favorite Panther...get over it and ...

...Get back to the point:

Our DBs suck and we have no depth at CB or DT

I didn't realize that was a good thing.

Firstly, yes you were crying about how badly we looked last night. And you are still crying today. We have no depth at CB or DT? Ok, if you say so. Damm you kids get on my nerves. We lost a meaningless preseason game, and the sobbing is ridiculous to have to deal with.

Second, I was replying to your asinine statement about Beast falling off his skill level over the last two years. That was out and out gimpness. If that is how you support your so called favorite player, I am so fugging annoyed at having to share fandom with your ilk.

#23 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,408 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:13 PM

Ha!

#24 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,408 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:18 PM

iamhubby - all I'm saying is we're relying on a rookie and players coming back from injury to bolster our lackluster defense from a season ago. That's never a good thing when you didn't fill the holes around them (DB, DT).

I don't see how you would disagree with that.

Get over your Jon Beason squabble , he'll be back, I think we agree on this.

I don't see Godfrey, Martin, Munnerlyn and the rest of the DBs (sans Gamble) and the DTs being an "asset" to our defense (like Beason is).

#25 Seamonk

Seamonk

kekekekekeke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:20 PM

Good defenses aren't necessarily filled with all-pros. Just need a group that works well together and know when and how to make a play. Our guys are still trying to find their chemistry together. That's why injuries hurt so much.

#26 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,125 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:26 PM

Hell, Kuechly looks like a Pro Bowler out there already .. kid is determined and smart..

Think a faster, smarter, less injury prone version of Dan Morgan with better hands. #59 is going to be special...

But Beason is slowing up a bit, it's obvious, and I just hope he (and Edwards for that matter) can make it through the season at full speed and full strength.

Too much riding on a rookie and players coming back from injuries... (especially when one of those players gets a minor injury just when it looks like he may be ready...Beason)

Let's hope I'm wrong... I just have ZERO faith in our Pass Coverage....Zero.

I mean all the names mentioned (Kuechly, Beason, Edwards) don't play the defensive backfield. Godfrey, Martin and Munnerlyn? Oh god!!! Ewwwweeeee

Honestly, I could see some improvement in the Run Defense solely on Kuechly, Beason and Edwards though... let's hope!! (can't be much worse from last year though right?)

What? How is it obvious if he hasnt even got on the field yet?

#27 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 2,942 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:30 PM

I believe that our defense will be better this year but I'm still a little uneasy about our run defense. We're depending completly on Edwards. If Edwards goes down again, we'll be right back where we were last year.

#28 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

►►►►►

• HUDDLER
  • 8,904 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:37 PM

What? How is it obvious if he hasnt even got on the field yet?

he didn't have as many tackles in 2010 and apparently that's definitive proof

let's also not mention that he started several games at WLB with connor in the middle that season because of davis' injury and wasn't actually playing MLB until connor was injured himself.

#29 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:41 PM

iamhubby - all I'm saying is we're relying on a rookie and players coming back from injury to bolster our lackluster defense from a season ago. That's never a good thing when you didn't fill the holes around them (DB, DT).

I don't see how you would disagree with that.

Get over your Jon Beason squabble , he'll be back, I think we agree on this.

I don't see Godfrey, Martin, Munnerlyn and the rest of the DBs (sans Gamble) and the DTs being an "asset" to our defense (like Beason is).

Everybody that has played in the NFL was a rookie at one time. Our rookie has stud written all over him. He played 6 mins. last night. Had 4 tackles and a FF. That was a good start.

When two of the returning injured are a DT and MLB that absolutely helps your D up the middle. Don't see how so many dismiss that.

The NFL has a limit on the number of draft picks teams get. So adding talent is a never ending battle. When a team is as replete of talent as this team was just two years ago, it takes a couple of years to rebuild. Sorry if that fact is so annoying for some.

Are we the only team with holes? Thought not. We are a young team on the rise. One preseason game is not going to derail where we are headed.

Folks that get upset that a young team lost a preseason game are scary individuals. These are the same people that throw a hissy when the food they ordered is not perfect. Or go overboard at any preceived personal slight. The woe is me folks, those are the ones we need to educate.

#30 Guest_Day24Day7_*

Guest_Day24Day7_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2012 - 04:52 PM

I look at the Secondary and Think: Speed Kills.

Kuechly (a LB I Know) proves that point exactly. He is QUICK and FAST. Plus he knows how to wrap up when he tackles.

Our Secondary (in general) Lacks ... Speed for What the D Coord Wants to Do. That's Why our Front Four Have GOT to Put Pressure on QB's. It makes the LB's Job Easier. They can now come up and Fill Gaps, Blitz, or Drop in Coverage. It minimizes the Exposure of the Secondary. These Guys are simply NOT FAST. And I might add Poor Tackling Technique.

That's Why There is Always That Big A$$ Hole in the Zone Coverage.

They Can't Play Too Far Up - They Get Beat Deep.

They Can't Play Too Far Back - Just Allow the Other Team to Keep Moving the Chains with 10-20 yard 1st Dn Coverting Passes.

They Play 8-10 yrds Off the Receiver. Gamble can/seems able to cover Most receivers 1 on 1. The other side? Who knows. If a receiver gets behind any of them; Who is FAST Enough to Recover? So it's a Big Play or a TD. Bump and Run? Not on Your Life.

I'm thinking/hoping that Rivera is trying to play down the switch to the 3-4. I suspect when the season starts that will be the "True" Panther Defense supplimented by the 4-3. It will help both Run and Pass Defense. It seems to be best suited for the Players we have. It gives us the Best Chance to see our Defense improve.

Just a Thought ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.