Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

Its like riding a bike....

29 posts in this topic

Anyone else notice the offense looked much more comfortable on the second possession than the first?

The way I see it, playing at the NFL is like riding a bike. You don't forget how to ride a bike, but you do get more comfortable with it as you ride it. You settle in.

These guys go pretty lightly in camp. They haven't been hitting and blocking at full speed since January. It took a fews plays to literally knock the training camp mentality out of them.

If I am correct, which I am always correct, we will see a big difference in the first series Friday night.

Lord Zod, NFLN pointed out all offenses are behind the Defenses at this point, but I agree we looked much smoother than some teams I saw this weekend.

it won't be just the offense that will be the case for either...not that the defense and STs got the hang of the bike last year, just that they'll be more comfortable in the next game and will look better.

Agree.

And for whatever reason, we did not match their intensity. Add to that Wade Phillips rushing 6 guys in a pre-season game, and our O was just not ready.

Miami may be in trouble come Friday night.

I have already laughed at the Sophomore slump posts on other sites I have seen. Its like people don't even remember how Cam looked last preseason.

When the regular season starts he turns his cap on backwards and its like a truck engine starting.

1 person likes this

The Texans are not a young team. They used this game to hone their plays. They did not use this game as an evaluation tool.

We on the other hand are a young team. We used the game to evaluate and teach. We did not go into this game trying to win. We went into this game with the idea of evaluating the kids.

There was a diffence of phylosophy in this game. If you are butt-hurt because we lost, you are loosing sight of the big picture.

3 people like this

Is it Friday yet?

I am never butt-hurt over a preseason game unless we look like total poo and last night was not total poo until Clausen hit the field.

4 people like this

When Cam starts looking through his progressions, I'll feel a little better.

The Texans are not a young team. They used this game to hone their plays. They did not use this game as an evaluation tool.

We on the other hand are a young team. We used the game to evaluate and teach. We did not go into this game trying to win. We went into this game with the idea of evaluating the kids.

There was a diffence of phylosophy in this game. If you are butt-hurt because we lost, you are loosing sight of the big picture.

I like your post. I wasn't hurt that we lost, I just expected more, especially from our defense against the run.