Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking at the Luke Kuechly forced fumble

61 posts in this topic

Posted

an hour? lol

took 4.5 minutes.

Posted

You obvious mistake whining for pointing out the absurdity of trying to make any conclusions from a meaningless play in the first preseason game of the year. I have never understood the posters here or in the news who spend an hour dissecting a single play as if it is significant or representative of anything larger and stated my opinion.

As for stating my opinion, if I agree with you it is insight but if I think it is absurd it is whining??

Got it..........................................................................

Nice to know the parameters............................................

that meaningles play simply helps confirm what we already knew about parts of this D.

You could take another play as well, say Godfrey being horrible in coverage in that game. It isn't meaningless, it reinforces that S and Godfrey show no signs of being any different than what we knew about him.

Posted

an hour? lol

took 4.5 minutes.

I wasn't actually referring to your post but one further down the page, but the main point is the same. Nice photography though...........................

Posted

that meaningles play simply helps confirm what we already knew about parts of this D.

You could take another play as well, say Godfrey being horrible in coverage in that game. It isn't meaningless, it reinforces that S and Godfrey show no signs of being any different than what we knew about him.

No it doesn't. It only confirms in your mind what you already think is true. I think the D line will be much better and my play to confirm it was the goal line stop. Both examples are isolated plays and not necessarily representative, The difference is that I am smart enough to know that.

Posted

No it doesn't. It only confirms in your mind what you already think is true. I think the D line will be much better and my play to confirm it was the goal line stop. Both examples are isolated plays and not necessarily representative, The difference is that I am smart enough to know that.

yes, you are smart. Unlike me, you never ramble on and on and on. You also admit when you have been wrong (for example one time you mispelled Tshminga Biakabutuka and quickly admitted that it was done in error).

I'll holla at you draft time and we can be buds then. Regualr season we are too black and white. I'm done.

...and what I mean by that is I will ignore you for about an hr and then start bickering with you again

Posted

Wouldn't have been a problem if Hurney would just sign us a 700lbs 6'9" DT that can bench 900 and run a 3.7 40.

Here is the problem. Most olineman Gs now days weigh about the same as most DTs do. So it takes more then just weight to eat up space in the running lane. Those DTs got to learn to shred blocks and get to there position quick as possible. Weight is not so much the factor, but who wins out in the trenches as they say. Fatboy vs fatboy. So Mcclain and Fue got to learn to shred those blocks better and get there sooner. If not then they are going to get pushed around more and more every game until they learn.

Posted

So because the DTs didn't do a great job on a single play and our backup middle linebackers wasn't great, the defense is going to be poor again....................................

Lets not talk about the goal line stand, or the fact that Foster only ran the ball that one play. Lets open up a new thread just to discuss one meaningless in the first preseason game of the year to illustrate nothing of importance.

Got it......................

they wouldn't have had to make back to back goal lines stands if they would have taken care of business between the 20s.

you can bend and not break only so many times before...*snap*.

Posted

Here is the problem. Most olineman Gs now days weigh about the same as most DTs do. So it takes more then just weight to eat up space in the running lane. Those DTs got to learn to shred blocks and get to there position quick as possible. Weight is not so much the factor, but who wins out in the trenches as they say. Fatboy vs fatboy. So Mcclain and Fue got to learn to shred those blocks better and get there sooner. If not then they are going to get pushed around more and more every game until they learn.

I believe the job of at least one of those guys in the run game is not to shed but to occupy and hold on to blockers. if you shed the blocker they go lay blocks into line backers and that is not good.

Posted

they wouldn't have had to make back to back goal lines stands if they would have taken care of business between the 20s.

you can bend and not break only so many times before...*snap*.

Since we don't play that style in the regular season you have nothing to worry about. It is the first preseason game. Why won't people understand that basic logic......

Chicken Little mania is running rampant around here.

Posted

Since we don't play that style in the regular season you have nothing to worry about. It is the first preseason game. Why won't people understand that basic logic......

Chicken Little mania is running rampant around here.

don't play that style in the regular season?

i'm fairly certain this thread was created because this is the same type of sloppy play that went on last season.

Posted

I believe the job of at least one of those guys in the run game is not to shed but to occupy and hold on to blockers. if you shed the blocker they go lay blocks into line backers and that is not good.

blockers being the key word.

unfortunately, no one on the interior of the line consistently commands multiple blockers.

Posted

don't play that style in the regular season?

i'm fairly certain this thread was created because this is the same type of sloppy play that went on last season.

Last year we had a new system, no preseason, injuries and shuffling at key positions all season long, rookies at both DT positions and the list goes on. Tell me how one or two series in the first preseason game of the year is representative of last year in any way???

We will run a blitzing aggressive scheme in the regular season. Last year we ran a vanilla cover 2 bend don't break defense. Nothing remotely similar.

Are people trying to get out front with the doom and gloom predictions so they can be first to say they predicted another poor defense?? I have never seen such overreactions to a preseason game. Obviously the problems last year have spooked lots of posters into chicken little logic...........