Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Josh Norris from Rotoworld gives some insight

55 posts in this topic

Posted

We are like the wife who can't leave her abusive husband.

Jimmy! I swear, the next time you beat me, I will leave you!! Next time is the time, I'm serious!

Posted

We are like the wife who can't leave her abusive husband.

Jimmy! I swear, the next time you beat me, I will leave you!! Next time is the time, I'm serious!

I would've agreed with you when we had John fox and our QB by committee system but this is only our second year seoerated from 2-14 so I mean people need to give this whole system a chance that's all... Only person I am not happy with as if now is McDermott honestly but it's only one game of preseason so it's still up in the air with him.. But ppl need to calm down and stop calling for everyone's head Just look at Ryan leaf's first preseason game stats and youll see how meaningless this all is.

Posted

I've knew Campbell would be a great pickup especially if he got some actual coaching... I really hope he supplants Bell as the starter, I'd feel a lot more comfortable.

As far as Cam, I'm not worried at all. I don't think he was going through his reads purposely for whatever reason. In the case of Tolbert, and being that it's preseason, he may have been trying to get him a touch to give him a chance to show out. It's preseason, it doesn't matter.

And the defense... We'll see. I really think we'll be fine with Edwards and Kearse in there at DT, but Hardy HAS to show out this year in the pass rush...

Posted

1-4 for 4 yards

Drew Brees Game 2

2-6 16 yards

Cam Newton Game 1

1 person likes this

Posted

Attempting to draw conclusions about defensive schemes after one preseason game seems to be a bit hasty doesn't it? We won't know until after 3-4 healthy, regular-season games with this defense just how McDermott's defense will really pan out.

Posted

Agree with nearly everything in the article. Especially the idea that McDermott might not be getting the job done. These are NFL players and he has had a good long time to get this pass rush up and running and I didn't see much of anything vs. Texans. Thinking about blitzing...wasn't Shaub's INT forced by a corner blitz from Munnerlyn and good pass rush from CJ? That's the way it looked in replay. So...was that the only blitz we ran? I don't remember. If so..it may be part of a blitz package that could be successful. I don't think we have the DL or DBs to commit entirely to an aggressive scheme. And when the offense doesn't put points on the board, we lose def. momentum in a hurry. Will the players and coaches look at the film and make adjustments or will they assume things will turn around? We gotta be better than this.

Posted

Hate hurney all you want but id take a once in a generation linebacker in kuechly as well as potentially shoring up the LG position long term as well in the first two rounds and save pass rush and CB/DT for next year over just patching up the problems with question marks like coples and Irvin this year all day every day honestly... I think hurney knows about the pass rush problems more than anybody based on his recent comments and we'll probably go all out in the draft for pass rush next year, but if we ignore it again then yes, we should call for hurney's head, but I doubt he will. just my two cents IMO

Not only that but two of our starting linebackeers from last season were and still are question marks - it would have been dumb to not take Kuechly.

Posted

You guys realise that the draft isn't the only way to improve a team right?

Posted

I would've agreed with you when we had John fox and our QB by committee system but this is only our second year seoerated from 2-14 so I mean people need to give this whole system a chance that's all... Only person I am not happy with as if now is McDermott honestly but it's only one game of preseason so it's still up in the air with him.. But ppl need to calm down and stop calling for everyone's head Just look at Ryan leaf's first preseason game stats and youll see how meaningless this all is.

Scheme has nothing to do with individual sucky performances. Your DTs still can't penetrate the Oline and still can't contain the run. Your CBs and S's still can't cover. That has nothing to do with "the system".

Posted

lol after part of one preseason game people are writing off the season and the defense.

the doubters are all shouting that they were right because of a rough start to the preseason.

people are thinking sophomore slump for cam is going to happen in a "game" that wasn't game planned.

smh.

Posted

You guys realise that the draft isn't the only way to improve a team right?

Yeah, it isn't like we made the Superbowl on the back of FA additions or anything....

Posted

lol after part of one preseason game people are writing off the season and the defense.

the doubters are all shouting that they were right because of a rough start to the preseason.

people are thinking sophomore slump for cam is going to happen in a "game" that wasn't game planned.

smh.

with Cam and this offense anyone would be foolish to write off this season.

I think you can write off the D though. Little talent on the DL and secondary. Should be improved with a better LB corp but realistically the talent isn't there yet....and that doesn't have anything the preseason game. Rivera and our LBs arent that good to overcome our holes.