• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#16 Rip Saw

Rip Saw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:13 PM

Im not sold on mcdermott - guy looks like opie and his defense plays like mayberry

#17 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,348 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:27 PM

You think that may be due to coaches instruction, ie each play throw to your first option so we can see what that player has in the tank?

Lets hope so.

Im chalking it up to Cam generally not giving a poo in preseason games.

Delhommy had some good opinons on it, but they made me sad so I stopped thinking he could be right.

Hey

maybe that will summon him.

#18 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,439 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:34 PM

If you want some light, easy reading for the beach this August, may I suggest "A Little Book of Big Predictable Blitzes" by Sean McDermott.

#19 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:34 PM

Delhommy had some good opinons on it, but they made me sad so I stopped thinking he could be right.

Mind sharing?

#20 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,914 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:46 PM

Still have hope that McClain can develop into that starting 3DT we need

#21 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,348 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:51 PM

Mind sharing?

It was really a lot to type...

Lemme get it...

/lazy

John King@Skylarking77

45]
@TheKurb This is where the "sophomore slump" could come from while he digests this offense. Once he figures it out though, watch out.

View conversation

45]
3hPosted Image

45]
3hPosted ImageJohn King@Skylarking77
@TheKurb With no OTA's last year he had to just play in the beginning. The more of the playbook he's been given, the tighter he plays.

View conversation

45]
3hPosted ImageJohn King@Skylarking77

@TheKurb My thought: Cam has fallen a little too much in love with Chud's plays (and therefore the first reads) after this offseason.

#22 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,326 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:52 PM

Hey Hurney, CB and DT were our 2 biggest weaknesses last season. What are you going to do about it this offseason?..

Hurney: "Absolutely nothing. We are fine there."

Thanks d**kweed.

When you don't address your weaknesses, they don't magically get better the next season.

#23 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:58 PM

Hey Hurney, CB and DT were our 2 biggest weaknesses last season. What are you going to do about it this offseason?..

Thanks d**kweed.

When you don't address your weaknesses, they don't magically get better the next season.

LOL, That pretty much sums up the offseason.

#24 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,291 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:59 PM

Lemme get it...

/lazy

The playbook was completely minimized to a few plays, Chud does not want our rivals to see what we have in store for them this season. I doubt we won't see the improvement in Cam and this offense till reg season. Cam trolled the entire league last year, and Cam out the gates firing the first game.

#25 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,348 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:07 PM

The playbook was completely minimized to a few plays, Chud does not want our rivals to see what we have in store for them this season. I doubt we won't see the improvement in and cam and this offseason till reg season. Cam trolled the entire league last year, and Cam out the gates firing the first game.

Thats what I am hoping as well.
Hard not to judge after seeing a game, but we must all remember, it was just preseason game1

#26 The Special One

The Special One

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:08 PM

Thanks d**kweed.

Leave Hurney alone!

#27 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,439 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:32 PM

Disclaimer: we're looking at an obscenely small sample set here.

Whereas Cam looked confused and out of his depth last preseason, this year he looked a bit overconfident in the play (sticking to the first read hell or highwater). Both would be typical of a freshman and a - here we go, folks- sophomore respectively.

Sophomore, of course, means "wise fool". That's kinda how I'd describe Cam during the three brief series I saw last night. Is it a sign of the dreaded "slump"? Eh, waaaay too early to say.

I fully expect Cam to see his mistakes and work through them. Here's hoping the coaches give him the reps this preseason to do so.

#28 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• HUDDLER
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:41 PM

Lemme get it...

/lazy

Thanks Kurb (and Delhommy).

I thought he looked bad, but won't stress about it yet because he's shown a pattern of playing like crap during games that don't matter (preseason, pro-bowl) and is a streaky player (see 3rd quarter of almost every game last season) besides.

#29 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,466 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:53 PM

It was a meaningless preseason game with no game planning. Jut like his analysis- meaningless at this point.

#30 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,076 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:03 PM

Btw, I'm really starting to think Mcderm's defense is pure poo as far as scheme. LB's gonna generate pass-rush without a disruptive DT? REALLY?

Funny to listen to Internet guys who think they know more than professional ciaches who have done this for a career and are paid handsomely for their knowledge.

We all think we are experts at analyzing the game of football and all we really are....over sensitive fans. And that ibcludes myself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.