Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:32 AM

Posted Image

#92 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:06 AM

The problem with Prisco's point is that we are building a different type of offense that the NFL has yet to see, nor has much ability to stop.

Stewart is not just a running back in this system, he is arguably our number two receiver with the amount of check downs, screens, quick outs, and dump offs he catches out of the backfield. He is also key in the read option. If you look back at last year, most of our big gains on offense came off of read option plays (both executed and fakes). Stewart is the back that has a history running this and is most capable in regards to this.

In summary, Stewart wasn't paid to be a running back; he was paid to be a weapon

#93 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,737 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:24 AM

"Our philosophy the past few years" hasn't been working out. Referencing bringing in players like Lucas hearkens back to a time when the Panthers were a formidable team. When we brought in Lucas we had one of the best pass defenses in the league, 13 total interceptions between him and Gamble, and the Panthers made it deep into the playoffs despite having no RB depth at a certain point, and if you pinpoint that as the sole reason we lost against Seattle you'd be wrong.

By the way p55 are you arguing against us through that rant or are you arguing against your better judgment which is saying the exact same thing I'm saying?

What is there to argue. That Hurney has a failed philosophy that isn't working?? Seems to me it doesn't really matter since they don't really care what you or I have to say. That is the philosophy and your bitching about it does nothing to change it. So again if you want to root for a team that invests in big time free agents and makes lots of off season acquisitions then root for Philly or even the Saints* but not the Panthers.

As for bitching about his philosophy, you are like Don Quixote jousting with wind mills. A big waste of time and accomplishes nothing. Assuming that you even right and that is surely up for debate. But not by me since as I said, it is irrelevant anyway unless you become the GM which isn't happening.

#94 TerriblePizza

TerriblePizza

Bringin dat Gamecock swag

• HUDDLER
  • 2,221 posts
  • LocationCamden, SC

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:27 AM

He'll be eating crow when we run the zone read all the way to the Super Bowl.

#95 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,737 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:31 AM

It's just funny the lengths people go to when they're rationalizing what this team does in the midst of having been so bad in recent memory.

like P55's commentary before "YOU REMEMBER WHEN WE SIGNED FREE AGENTS AS WE WERE MAKING CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES? WE DON'T DO THAT ANYMORE! DEAL WITH IT!"

Actually Richardson discussed this point when we finished 7-9 in 2009 after having brought in a number of free agents over the past few years. He looked at the fact that other than 2008 where we went 12-4 in the regular season and were summarily kicked out of the playoffs by Arizona, we really have very little to show for that free agent strategy. We have not been to the NFC Championship game since 2005 which was 7 years ago. He stated that if he was going to have losing seasons he might as well go with younger cheaper guys.

Am I a big fan of that strategy? No I am not and had quite a bit to say about it in 2010 when we dumped all the veterans and went on the cheap. But I have learned to accept it as our philosophy for better or worse. I am tired of bitching about something I can't change. Try the serenity prayer, it works for football as well.

#96 klumme

klumme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:37 AM

We have one of the best, if not the best, OC in the league.. I want to give him weapons and who cares what what two letters are in front of the name.

#97 Guest_Day24Day7_*

Guest_Day24Day7_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:44 AM

Who the Flickadie Flack is This is this Nutjob?

The Panthers/Falcons/Saints*/Bucs Play in the NFC South. That's All You Need to Know. Some Kind of a 'Run Game' in This Division is an Absolute Necessity! Any Middle School "Newspaper Reporter' Would Know and Understand That.

This Guy is a Dumb AZZZZ.

#98 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,364 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:03 AM

What is there to argue. That Hurney has a failed philosophy that isn't working?? Seems to me it doesn't really matter since they don't really care what you or I have to say. That is the philosophy and your bitching about it does nothing to change it. So again if you want to root for a team that invests in big time free agents and makes lots of off season acquisitions then root for Philly or even the Saints** but not the Panthers.

As for bitching about his philosophy, you are like Don Quixote jousting with wind mills. A big waste of time and accomplishes nothing. Assuming that you even right and that is surely up for debate. But not by me since as I said, it is irrelevant anyway unless you become the GM which isn't happening.

This I can respect. However you do seem to try to back up Hurney when we question his moves, and that confuses me as you do seem to understand football.

We just need so much help at positions and we continue to overlook them, while overpaying for others, is very concerning to posters like Kurb and myself.

#99 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,846 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:22 AM

DWilll gets signed: fhshdhahauf we not keep jstew nao oh nooooos statsstatsstats

JStew gets signed: abcbsjfjelgr we spend too much money oh noooos dicksdicksdicks

#100 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,760 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:30 AM

we are better with 34 and 28 than without.

#101 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,375 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:33 AM

we are better with 34 and 28 than without.

If all other factors remained a constant....then yes.

#102 nickzz

nickzz

o

• HUDDLER
  • 2,884 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:23 PM

What is there to argue. That Hurney has a failed philosophy that isn't working?? Seems to me it doesn't really matter since they don't really care what you or I have to say. That is the philosophy and your bitching about it does nothing to change it. So again if you want to root for a team that invests in big time free agents and makes lots of off season acquisitions then root for Philly or even the Saints** but not the Panthers.

you are correct, so lets stop debating and discussing football alltogether.

idiot

#103 nickzz

nickzz

o

• HUDDLER
  • 2,884 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:24 PM

herp derp why even make arguments and give your input on personnel change bcuz u rnt even an nfl gm herp derp

#104 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,737 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:16 PM

This I can respect. However you do seem to try to back up Hurney when we question his moves, and that confuses me as you do seem to understand football.

We just need so much help at positions and we continue to overlook them, while overpaying for others, is very concerning to posters like Kurb and myself.

The difference is that I respect Rivera's expertise as a defensive expert. He is deciding who we need on defense not Hurney. If he is content with who we have I bow to his understanding and experience developing players. You and Kurb nonewithstanding..............................

#105 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,411 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:17 PM

You can't develop 5 inches on Captain Munnerlyn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com