• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#1 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,506 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:42 PM

Just when you thought it might go away...
http://in.reuters.co...E87B0I520120813

The campaign team for Romney, the Republican presidential candidate, reviewed several years of tax returns from Ryan and others, according to Beth Myers, the head of Romney's vice presidential search process...
Tim Pawlenty, a former Minnesota governor who was a potential Romney running mate, said he also had to submit several years of tax returns during the search for a Republican vice presidential candidate.

Makes sense Romney would want more than 2 years of tax returns from his potential running mates. Don't want to end up with any nasty surprises turning up about what they did with their money...

Which begs the question, what the hell is Romney hiding? I don't even think I would have cared what was in them (barring anything illegal) but now i just want to know why he refuses to release them. Is it really just because he is so filthy rich he thinks voters will get turned off?

#2 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,400 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:45 PM

World is concerned about Romney's tax returns too.

#3 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,444 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:48 AM

As I've pointed out before:
2008: Romney was a leading VP choice on the McCain ticket. McCain gets 23 years of tax returns from Romney. McCain selects Sarah Palin to be his running mate.

McCain still says Palin "was the better candidate" and will never admit Romney's taxes had anything to do with the pick, but we all saw what Sarah Palin did to the Republican chances at winning the White House and now, all of a sudden, Romney is the best the Republicans have to offer and the tax records he provided to the McCain campaign are now not even good enough for the rest of his own party, let alone the voting public.

#4 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:24 AM

Its only a matter of time.

#5 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,869 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:11 AM

I think he'll release them, he'd just prefer everyone not see just how much of his own money he dumped into the 08 election.

#6 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,400 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:35 AM

Ask McCain if Romney's tax returns were the reason he chose Sarah.

#7 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:46 AM

Ask McCain if Romney's tax returns were the reason he chose Sarah.

lmao

#8 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,400 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:52 AM

lmao

What's so funny. You believe McCain would be dishonest in his answer?

This conspiracy is just like all the other conspiracies bantied around in Tinderbox. Where is there any proof whatsoever. Hell...maybe McCain got Romney's medical records and found that he just could not have a Veep with a bigger penis than he. That has about as much credence as the aforementioned nonsense.

#9 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,506 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:27 AM

Yes McCain would be misleading here. He's not going to destroy his parties candidate like that, though I'm sure there were many other reasons palin was preferred too.

Another possibility is something happened in 2009 that Romney doesn't want to release.

#10 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,717 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:44 AM

Just when you thought it might go away...
http://in.reuters.co...E87B0I520120813

Makes sense Romney would want more than 2 years of tax returns from his potential running mates. Don't want to end up with any nasty surprises turning up about what they did with their money...

Which begs the question, what the hell is Romney hiding? I don't even think I would have cared what was in them (barring anything illegal) but now i just want to know why he refuses to release them. Is it really just because he is so filthy rich he thinks voters will get turned off?

You are being played like a fiddle. "enquiring minds want to know"

#11 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,506 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:52 AM

So you don't think it's the least bit odd that Romney requires several years of tax returns from people he is vetting but he doesn't think the American people need more than two to vet him?

I get he is crazy wealthy. I have a hard time thinking his immense wealth is the only reason.

2008 election is an interesting idea, since dems may try to spin it as him buying the election for himself but I personally wouldn't care

#12 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,869 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:55 AM

So you don't think it's the least bit odd that Romney requires several years of tax returns from people he is vetting but he doesn't think the American people need more than two to vet him?

I get he is crazy wealthy. I have a hard time thinking his immense wealth is the only reason.

2008 election is an interesting idea, since dems may try to spin it as him buying the election for himself but I personally wouldn't care

You don't think it might be because he's going to release more of his tax records, and he wants to be prepared to release his running mate's in corresponding length without any surprises?

#13 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,400 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:58 AM

If someone's deciding their vote for/against a candidate based on their tax returns, Gore would've never gotten a single vote. Stingy piece of crap. Resembles Biden's.

#14 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,681 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:06 AM

yes.....Mitt's tax returns should really turn this economy around.

please Mitt, for the sake of the country.........release those returns.

ps.....although you're not required to do this, it's the "gentleman" thing to do.

and you know these guys from chicago love to do the right thing.

#15 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:15 AM

2/3 of Americans want him to release his taxes before voting and deciding if they're going to give him the job and put him on government payroll.

Keep spinning. Somewhere Ted Kennedy is laughing his ass off remembering how Romney used to demand he release his taxes because the public had the right to know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com