Tax returns: Romney required VPs to submit more than 2 yrs

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#16 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,896 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:16 AM

You don't think it might be because he's going to release more of his tax records, and he wants to be prepared to release his running mate's in corresponding length without any surprises?

That is a possibility but runs counter to everything Romney has said so far. You are right though, best to have several years of returns to avoid any nasty surprises.

The only reason the tax returns are a big deal is because Romney is acting like he wants to hide them when there probably is no reason for him to. But his approach causes suspicion when many people already don't know much about him.

#17 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,896 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:19 AM

2/3 of Americans want him to release his taxes before voting and deciding if they're going to give him the job and put him on government payroll.

Keep spinning. Somewhere Ted Kennedy is laughing his ass off remembering how Romney used to demand he release his taxes because the public had the right to know.

If it is really that high a percent then Jase may be right, but just an awkward timing of this.

#18 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,816 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:23 AM

I'm not spinning anything.

then the american people should demand congress change the requirements for the Office.

#19 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:58 PM

How many of those $ that he'll never ever be able to use in his lifetime has he devoted to making more jobs for American workers? Thats what I'm concerned with as a voter. Has he been devoted (like others have been) to create more jobs to lift America with all of that which he has amassed? As a voter that is my biggest question. No you can't judge a guy by how much money they have stashed in tax shelters but you see a lot in a guys character when he has put up and shut up and invested in a better future for their country and community. There are people that are just as wealthy and are doing massive things to try and pull this country back together. There are very many people not as wealthy that have put a lot on the line to invest in Americans and American jobs. Is he one of those guys or something else? To whom much is given much is required. Stashing massive amounts offshore already doesn't look like team playing. Tax returns can be a window into that whole world.

I put all I had into a business and lost my shirt. There is a saying in business that goes " If you don't feed it, it will eat you!" Yes, I could have sat on that $ but I invested in the community and created more jobs as well as a quality product. I was also a recession casualty in very very very many ways. As a former small business owner who lost everything trying to create jobs I'm very sensitive to the subject of hoarding when you can be out there helping and creating for you AND many many others. I was raised that way.

Its the cultural issue of our time. "Ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country." There are people who have done a lot on paper for their country. The question is, who is he?

#20 GAme

GAme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:13 PM

He's created a hell of a lot more jobs than Obama. If the clown gets elected again nothing will change. The bussiness owners will keep prepping and the rich will keep holding money. Everyone is scared of this guy except the idiots who listen to the mainstream media.

#21 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,267 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:15 PM

Keep spinning. Somewhere Ted Kennedy is laughing his ass off remembering how Romney used to demand he release his taxes because the public had the right to know.

#22 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,267 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:17 PM

He's created a hell of a lot more jobs than Obama.

Well, for the countries he outsourced them to. Not for America.

#23 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 34,008 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:19 PM

Doesn't really matter if he's hiding anything or not... it looks like he is.

How much is Romney worth? All I've heard is "rich"... how rich are we talking?

#24 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,772 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:28 PM

I hear he's so rich he wipes his ass with baby seal fur.

#25 Iceberg Slim

Iceberg Slim

Keep it 100

• HUDDLER
  • 2,087 posts
  • Locationwhatcha worried about it for

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:30 PM

He's created a hell of a lot more jobs than Obama. If the clown gets elected again nothing will change. The bussiness owners will keep prepping and the rich will keep holding money. Everyone is scared of this guy except the idiots who listen to the mainstream media.

What does this even mean?

#26 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,772 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:37 PM

Means businesses sitting on cash reserves and not hiring will continue to do so.

#27 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:43 PM

What are you talking about? Obama didn't have much until recently. Recent money has much less of a track record.

People want to know if he is hiding a track record.

#28 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:47 PM

Means businesses sitting on cash reserves and not hiring will continue to do so.

Just the "cultural issue" I was speaking of.

#29 GAme

GAme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:17 PM

What are you talking about? Obama didn't have much until recently. Recent money has much less of a track record.

People want to know if he is hiding a track record.

Isn't it funny how the media doesn't care about Obama's track record, or lack of one. He has never created or held down any jobs. He's an author that happens to be half black and an articulate speaker.

#30 GAme

GAme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:18 PM

[/b]

What does this even mean?

Really? Let the big kids talk then

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com