• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#31 GAme

GAme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:20 PM

Well, for the countries he outsourced them to. Not for America.

Keep drinking that kool aid. All the companies Obama's cronies cited were years after he left Bain. Do some research and find out for yourself.

#32 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:30 PM

All the companies Obama's cronies cited were years after he left Bain.

Posted Image

#33 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,882 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:33 PM

Isn't it funny how the media doesn't care about Obama's track record, or lack of one. He has never created or held down any jobs. He's an author that happens to be half black and an articulate speaker.

I'm not anybodies spokesman. Like I've said they just recently came into some money. Before, he was a professor of constitutional law then a politician. Low level politicians aren't known for bringing in big bucks. I can only look at what he's done since he's had the resources to act.

When I say "cultural issues" I'm not talking about race at all. I hope you understand that. There is a very small segment of our society creating a log jam. Why, is the mystery of all mysteries.

#34 Iceberg Slim

Iceberg Slim

Keep it 100

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts
  • Locationwhatcha worried about it for

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:34 PM

Really? Let the big kids talk then

You got it boss, I really enjoy listening to folks debate about meaningful and proven, all be it simple economic strategies to explain employment growth or contraction......so Imma just sit here on the side lines and continue to be dazzaled by your insight.... Pray do tell, how do we battle the collusion of the mainstream media as well as they forge along a pathway wrought with calamitous intent to our very beings....

#35 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,970 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:16 PM

Keep drinking that kool aid. All the companies Obama's cronies cited were years after he left Bain. Do some research and find out for yourself.

Wrong. Bain was supporting massive outsourcing to China and citing it as crucial to its success in 1998. A year before Romney left (or says he did, even though he didn't for another decade).

You should come better prepared if you intend to post in the Tinderbox again.

On April 17, 1998, Brookside Capital Partners Fund, a Bain Capital affiliate, filed a report with the Securities and Exchange Commission noting that it had acquired 6.13 percent of Hong Kong-based Global-Tech Appliances, which manufactured household appliances in a production facility in the industrial city of Dongguan, China. That August, according to another SEC filing, Brookside upped its interest in Global-Tech to 10.3 percent. Both SEC filings identified Romney as the person in control of this investment: "Mr. W. Mitt Romney is the sole shareholder, sole director, President and Chief Executive Officer of Brookside Inc. and thus is the controlling person of Brookside Inc."

http://www.motherjon...ina-global-tech

#36 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,396 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:37 PM

http://www.huffingto..._n_1710133.html

Good news, it was the far right terrorists so they were actually "freedom fighters".

#37 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,444 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:57 PM

Really? Let the big kids talk then

Really, really?

Don't be a Dick... Your statement didn't make a whole lot of sense... And you are as obviously partisan as guys like CWG are for the dems... So don't be so surprised when people take issue with what you say.

#38 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 21,079 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:17 PM

isn't the potential for the egg being on the face like squarely on the libs? lets say Romney produces them and there is absolutely nothing. no story. no hidden this or that. no supporting The Village Voice while at the same time supporting Chick Fil A.

how dumb would you have to be to know that people will want/need to see your returns only to have something so bad on there that you don't think it will come out?

is there a specifc law that requires a candidate to produce X # of years?

#39 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,532 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:25 PM

The narrative would change to, what is he still hiding since it took him so long to release them. Nevermind what's important.

#40 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 21,079 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:33 PM

i get the angle of then what is he hiding then so go ahead and produce the returns. in some ways, this is more revealing of those that want them and are acting all sanctimonious like there is going to be something in the returns that change your mind. oh for God's sake quit being so bitter and fake liberals. i would prefer you say you don't really care because like a nutless zombie you will vote Dem's no matter what.

#41 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,444 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:34 PM

The narrative would change to, what is he still hiding since it took him so long to release them. Nevermind what's important.

which is why he should have just released them... He may not have anything at all questionable, but now he's raised that spector himself and of course they are going to jump on it.

if I had to guess, he doesn't necessarily have anything incriminating on them he just didn't want to come off as an ultra elite to the electorate... Now It's worse...

#42 d-run

d-run

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:38 PM

As a registered dem, I couldn't care less about Romney's tax records. I'm sure he uses every available way to lower his taxes and I really don't care. To me it is the same as people on the right getting caught up in Obama's birth certificate. Just a way to put doubt in people's minds without having to actually discuss issues.

#43 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,396 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:41 PM

Of course we won't care, but the independents might. This whole thing is a character issue. For a guy who's been in politics (him and his dad) forever, he seems to be awfully ignorant of what's expected, or desperate to change the game for guys like him....or of course, he has nothing to hide and all this will blow up in the Dems faces.

#44 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,965 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:59 PM

Stupid, Stupid Argument

1. The stupid outsourcing argument is that the dems and pubs in Washington pass trade laws. When people use the new laws(or go out of business because their competition is and they are not), then the same politicians who passed the trade laws setting up outsourcing are enraged that someone is actually doing it.

2. Tax laws--ditto above.

I suppose the Dems would like us to think that Romney is a moron and paid 50% in taxes instead of the percentage called for by whatever incomes he declared. I think that anyone with a brain, including Soros will use their brains to pay as little as the law will allow. In fact, the tax "Jesus" to the libs, Buffet, is using his lawyers trying not to pay too much. No double standard here, oh no.

Speaking of morons, your POS POTUS was out today in a cornfield and was either lying or exhibiting complete unawareness of what is actually going on in DC, or maybe the cord would not reach to his teleprompter.

Speaking of the drought to people actually being hurt by it, he says

"Unfortunately right now, too many members of Congress are blocking the farm bill from becoming law," Obama said. "I am told that Governor Romney's new running mate, Paul Ryan, might be around Iowa the next few days. He is one of the leaders in Congress standing in the way. ...

Of course, Ryan and the whole House passed it 2 weeks ago. Stupid or Lying? Which is it?

#45 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,550 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:02 PM

is there a specifc law that requires a candidate to produce X # of years?

there isn't. I doubt there is anything illegal about his returns. I expect he just doesnt want Americans to know that, like most of the wealthy, he utilizes legal methods to pay very little in taxes.I don't know what the big deal is about that, but I have a hard time believing, like you, that there is anything illegal hidden on his returns.

Romney's father set the precedent of releasing several years of tax returns, and in general, most candidates have. Romney himself demanded Kennedy release tax returns in a previous race. He also required his VP candidates to release to him multiple years of tax returns. However, what Romney thinks other people should do apparently doesn't apply to him. That I find kind of odd.

At this point, his releasing his tax returns won't change my mind about voting for him but it would comfort me if he became president. I also think independents might actually care, because it is indicative of the kind of transparency Romney might provide the American public.

For some, but not for most. I think if he released them the VAST majority of people would just say, "oh, okay, he's just so filthy rich he thought we might find that offensive or something, whatever." It'd go away completely - assuming he didn't just release 3 lines of them or something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com