Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New intros?

38 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Intros were the best I've seen at the stadium in years. I can't wait to see it on Thursday night against the Giants week 3! Although the preseason is very necessary, I agree that it's just tough to watch.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Zod' timestamp='1344864156' post='1857664']
Also, how are they different from last season? New song? Looks the same to me.
[/quote]
They never showed them coming out of the tunnel on the big screen, and yes, a new song.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1XkiP7oyZE[/media]

Posted · Report post

[quote name='SCP' timestamp='1344873317' post='1857783']
Preseason football is such a bad product.
[/quote]

What's sad is that NFL preseason gets better TV ratings than the MLB or NBA playoffs. I guess this is why NFL has started selling the preseason package...

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Zod' timestamp='1344864025' post='1857663']
The reason nobody is there is because they haven't made it to their seats yet. Half way through the first quarter was when it filled up.

Pretty stupid people pay to see the game but miss the majority of the first string.
[/quote]

Yeah, I LOL at people who show up late for preseason games...

Posted · Report post

New intro was cool, but I miss the "Panthers in the house" song... probably for sentimental reasons.

One thing I didn't like about the new intro was that "Purrcussion" kept playing a little drum rif as part of the Disturbed song... it was lame, they should just let Purrcussion come out first and do their thing, then hit the sirens and the disturbed music.

I also get why they introduce Smitty last, but Cam gets the biggest "pop" so it's kind of anti-climatic... they should introduce Cam last.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='csx' timestamp='1344873701' post='1857785']
They might technically be the same price but if you are spending more than $10 on a pre-season ticket you are doing doing something very very wrong in the way you obtain tickets.
[/quote]

As a PSL owner, you are forced to buy them at face.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Scrumtrilescent' timestamp='1344881313' post='1857933']
As a PSL owner, you are forced to buy them at face.
[/quote]

Yes. I was responding to somebody who said it was too expensive to go considering it is a pre-season game. I assumed this person is not a PSL owner.

Posted · Report post

weak crowd

Posted · Report post

I like the Blue Button at the top, very intensifying.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Chaos' timestamp='1344865717' post='1857682']
I got in to my seat just as they were announcing Cam. Can't believe how long I stood in the herd of cattle packing in to the north gate. That was some bullsh*t.

But for all those people showing up "fashionably late" to the first preseason game -- Fail. I had to lol at people just getting to their seat as Derek Anderson took the field.
[/quote]

I had never missed a national anthem, much less a kickoff to a home Panthers game in over 12 years until Saturday night. It took at least 30 minutes to get from the panthers statues into the stadium. I got into the concourse right after kickoff and then watched the 1st series on TV downstairs before making the trek upstairs missing half of the 1st quarter.

i know they had metal detectors at the gate but I don't know what the problem was. They better get it worked out before Friday.

As far as the new intros, thanks for posting it since I couldn't see it. I must say IT IS ABOUT DAMN TIME!! I ahve suggested changing the intro from the lame one they had before every year on the PSL Owners surveys. I also noticed they have upgraged the music selection into the late 90's now. They are slowly getting there.

Posted · Report post

The music during timeouts and commercials surprised the hell out of me. So much better.

Posted · Report post

Called it

[url="http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/74832-quotes-you-wont-see-on-the-huddle-come-sunday-morning/page__st__45#entry1852755"]http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/topic/74832-quotes-you-wont-see-on-the-huddle-come-sunday-morning/page__st__45#entry1852755[/url]