Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNC Posts Julius Peppers Transcript

112 posts in this topic

Posted

pry not but

It's less about sports and more about academic integrity. I know some UNC alums that are pissed about this....typical walmart fans couldnt care less though.

Yes, which is why the NCAA isnt going to do much. Just like all the stuff with the AFAM dept, its a school issue and the NCAA wont give anything more than a slap on the wrist.

I'm not as familiar with UNC alums, but quite a few around campus are pissed and I wouldnt be surprised to see Thorp get the boot (some have been calling for it for months). IMO though, fans who are shocked that this kind of stuff was going on are naive to say the least.

Edit: Also, legally I would guess that UNC faces more issues from the fact that this transcript leaked (assuming its real thats a blatant violation of FERPA) than any irregularities the transcript may show

Posted

pry not but

It's less about sports and more about academic integrity. I know some UNC alums that are pissed about this....typical walmart fans couldnt care less though.

Hakeem Nicks played when he wasn't supposed to. What happened with that? Nothing.

No one, including the NCAA, gives a sh1t about a player who never graduated 10 years ago. Nothing will happen from this. It's just another flavor of the week for bitter ABCers to pile on a school they can't stand. Typical Duke/State fans more concerened about what Carolina is doing than their own program. It's flattering, honestly.

Also, it is illegal to discuss grades/college transcripts. They are confidential records. The birthdates on the transcript and Pep's birthday are incorrect, also.

What irritates me the most is who is the moron who posted this? Is this even true? Has Carolina confirmed that this was JP's transcript?

If true, Carolina and that POS Holden Thorpe have done nothing but dig their graves deeper during this mess and quite frankly just need to STFU. Wins and it will go away.

Posted

Yes, which is why the NCAA isnt going to do much. Just like all the stuff with the AFAM dept, its a school issue and the NCAA wont give anything more than a slap on the wrist.

I'm not as familiar with UNC alums, but quite a few around campus are pissed and I wouldnt be surprised to see Thorp get the boot (some have been calling for it for months). IMO though, fans who are shocked that this kind of stuff was going on are naive to say the least.

Edit: Also, legally I would guess that UNC faces more issues from the fact that this transcript leaked (assuming its real thats a blatant violation of FERPA) than any irregularities the transcript may show

This is a good post.

Honestly, I would be willing to vacate FB wins/scholarships if it meant HT would be removed.

Some people in my family are irritated by irresponsible behavior, but WTF man the administration is bringing a lot of this heat on themselves. Just STFU already.

I recall last year a month after they fired Davis they were still bugging him about his phone records. He politely told them to fug off which he should of done in the first place.

Posted

The reaction from actual UNC students/grads is much different than the reaction from tarheel bandwagoners. The latter group apparently only thinks widespread academic fraud matters if it causes the NCAA to take away some scholarships. Then again, if your degree is from a community college and your baby blue tshirt is from WalMart, thee's no reason to be embarrassed about this.

Posted

The reaction from actual UNC students/grads is much different than the reaction from tarheel bandwagoners. The latter group apparently only thinks widespread academic fraud matters if it causes the NCAA to take away some scholarships. Then again, if your degree is from a community college and your baby blue tshirt is from WalMart, thee's no reason to be embarrassed about this.

They sell carolina gear at Wal-Mart? Nice. No more $70 golf shirts for Mr.Touchdown.

The only thing about this that's embarrassing is I always have some fat drunk redneck get in my face talking about this. Go pull for the gamecocks and brush your teeth while you're at it. Like they even went to college. Or some Duke fan talking sh1t. Duke fans talking sh1t about football - that's rich. Or some yankee who would probably be pulling for Rutgers or BC if they hadn't moved down here 19 years ago. State fans have to strike while the iron is hot. Basketball season will be here before we know it.

Please note: "thee" should only be used in a sentence if you live in England during the 1800s.

Maybe your degree is from a community college?

Posted

Unless this spreads to other departments, no. If you majored in AFAM at UNC, then yeah your degree is somehow more useless now than it was a few months ago.

Now if this scandal spreads outside the AFAM and athletic departments, then yes UNC has some serious problems. Otherwise- I mean I care about it, I just cant bring myself to care that much. The majority of the football/ basketball players are there to play sports, not go to class. And that is not going to change unless you go ivy league style and get rid of athletic scholarships

Posted

If this turns out to be true (which at this point is a big if, but I will say it certainly looks real and resembles the student portal I used from 2003-2007) I want basically every senior person at UNC fired including replacing the entire Board. They are bringing embarrassment to what is truly a great school and certainly got me into a position I wouldn't have gotten to with any other school in the state (minus maybe Duke).

Posted

They sell carolina gear at Wal-Mart? Nice. No more $70 golf shirts for Mr.Touchdown.

The only thing about this that's embarrassing is I always have some fat drunk redneck get in my face talking about this. Go pull for the gamecocks and brush your teeth while you're at it. Like they even went to college. Or some Duke fan talking sh1t. Duke fans talking sh1t about football - that's rich. Or some yankee who would probably be pulling for Rutgers or BC if they hadn't moved down here 19 years ago. State fans have to strike while the iron is hot. Basketball season will be here before we know it.

Please note: "thee" should only be used in a sentence if you live in England during the 1800s.

Maybe your degree is from a community college?

Should be there's, not thee's. Was typing on an iPad. Basketball season can't be coming too soon, it usually starts about 3 weeks after the annual beating of UNC in football, and that hasn't happened yet. Congrats on that expensive golf shirt though, you must be the very classiest of the bandwagoners.

Posted

If this turns out to be true (which at this point is a big if, but I will say it certainly looks real and resembles the student portal I used from 2003-2007) I want basically every senior person at UNC fired including replacing the entire Board. They are bringing embarrassment to what is truly a great school and certainly got me into a position I wouldn't have gotten to with any other school in the state (minus maybe Duke).

^ The difference between alums and bandwagoners. I feel for you, if this stuff came out about State I'd be pissed. I've had classes with athletes, they're not all Rhodes scholars by any means but at our school they go to class and do the work if they want to pass. I want to see us win but I wouldn't give up our integrity to do it.

Posted

First it was just an example of a student then some pack pride guy connected the dots and unc put peps name on it

Posted

^ The difference between alums and bandwagoners. I feel for you, if this stuff came out about State I'd be pissed. I've had classes with athletes, they're not all Rhodes scholars by any means but at our school they go to class and do the work if they want to pass. I want to see us win but I wouldn't give up our integrity to do it.

Felton was in a lecture with me in 2004 I think...He usually came. I mean, he was probably there just as much as I was. Now that is not to say what grade he got, but generally speaking I think they go to class. Now I will say you see basketball players walking around campus a hell of a lot more than you do football players but other than DL/OL its difficult to recognize them.

Posted

Not I. I've heard from UNC grads for too long about how much more valuable/special/important they are just because they went to UNC.

I too have made more connections and had more opportunities due to my NC State degree that I wouldn't have had otherwise if I went to any other school in the state. The only difference between me, and most other State grads that I know, is that we do not typically go around trumpeting how many more doors my degree has opened and how much more valuable it is than every other school in the state.