Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:45 AM

Good thing he plays football.

#17 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,619 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:49 AM

Grade Point Average Chart (minimum and cumulative requirements for eligibility)
Note: The higher GPA requirement will prevail.
NCAA
1.7 - 1st Semester (freshmen)
1.7 - 2nd Semester (freshmen)
1.8% - 2nd Year (sophomore)
1.9* - 3rd Year (junior)
2.0# - 4th Year (senior) and after

%Entering your 2nd year of collegiate enrollment, you must present a cumulative minimum grade-point average
(CMGPA) that equals at least 90% of the CMGPA required for graduation.
* Entering your 3rd year of collegiate enrollment CMGPA = 95% of CMGPA required for graduation.
(CMGPA) that equals at least 95% of the CMGPA required for graduation.
# Entering 4th year your minimum CMGPA = 100% of CMGPA required for graduation.
Entering 5th year your CMGPA = 100% of CMGPA required for graduation.

#18 Raleighcat83

Raleighcat83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:56 AM

PackPride continuing to wreck shop on UNC. Someday there will be a 30 for 30 movie about this; "What if I told you an Internet message board brought down one of the dirtiest athletic departments of all time"

#19 Raleighcat83

Raleighcat83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:58 AM

BTW, crazy coincidence, JP's tutor that helped him pass just enough of those classes to stay eligible was Carl Carey, who became his agent. The same agent that last year was hired by the African Studies department to teach a class at UNC.

#20 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,739 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:51 AM

It does seem like it might be a joke of some sort by an IT guy, maybe they're implementing a new system, just look through the other files in the directory and only sample student info is to be found. Who knows if it is real or not.

https://www.unc.edu/sis/fsguest/

However if it is real, here's a screencap in case it gets removed:

Posted Image

Yep, UNC already shut it down as of 9:40 AM.

The directory I linked is now forbidden.

#21 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:11 AM

lol state fans

#22 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,619 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:26 AM

And this means it extends to their hallowed bball program.

#23 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:35 AM

Hate to break it to all y'all state fans, but the NCAA isnt going to do anything about a football (and basketball) who left 10 years ago

#24 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,619 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:47 AM

pry not but

The NCAA told Miami administrators that, in light of allegations made by a former Hurricanes booster, it will consider invoking its "willful violators" clause and make an exception to the four-year statute of limitations on violations, Yahoo! Sports reported Thursday night.
The NCAA's four-year statute of limitations doesn't apply when there is a pattern of willful violations that continues into the past four years.

It's less about sports and more about academic integrity. I know some UNC alums that are pissed about this....typical walmart fans couldnt care less though.

#25 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:04 AM

pry not but

It's less about sports and more about academic integrity. I know some UNC alums that are pissed about this....typical walmart fans couldnt care less though.

Yes, which is why the NCAA isnt going to do much. Just like all the stuff with the AFAM dept, its a school issue and the NCAA wont give anything more than a slap on the wrist.

I'm not as familiar with UNC alums, but quite a few around campus are pissed and I wouldnt be surprised to see Thorp get the boot (some have been calling for it for months). IMO though, fans who are shocked that this kind of stuff was going on are naive to say the least.

Edit: Also, legally I would guess that UNC faces more issues from the fact that this transcript leaked (assuming its real thats a blatant violation of FERPA) than any irregularities the transcript may show

#26 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,034 posts
  • Location704

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:55 AM

pry not but

Hakeem Nicks played when he wasn't supposed to. What happened with that? Nothing.

No one, including the NCAA, gives a sh1t about a player who never graduated 10 years ago. Nothing will happen from this. It's just another flavor of the week for bitter ABCers to pile on a school they can't stand. Typical Duke/State fans more concerened about what Carolina is doing than their own program. It's flattering, honestly.

Also, it is illegal to discuss grades/college transcripts. They are confidential records. The birthdates on the transcript and Pep's birthday are incorrect, also.

What irritates me the most is who is the moron who posted this? Is this even true? Has Carolina confirmed that this was JP's transcript?

If true, Carolina and that POS Holden Thorpe have done nothing but dig their graves deeper during this mess and quite frankly just need to STFU. Wins and it will go away.

#27 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,034 posts
  • Location704

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:59 AM

Yes, which is why the NCAA isnt going to do much. Just like all the stuff with the AFAM dept, its a school issue and the NCAA wont give anything more than a slap on the wrist.

I'm not as familiar with UNC alums, but quite a few around campus are pissed and I wouldnt be surprised to see Thorp get the boot (some have been calling for it for months). IMO though, fans who are shocked that this kind of stuff was going on are naive to say the least.

Edit: Also, legally I would guess that UNC faces more issues from the fact that this transcript leaked (assuming its real thats a blatant violation of FERPA) than any irregularities the transcript may show

This is a good post.

Honestly, I would be willing to vacate FB wins/scholarships if it meant HT would be removed.

Some people in my family are irritated by irresponsible behavior, but WTF man the administration is bringing a lot of this heat on themselves. Just STFU already.

I recall last year a month after they fired Davis they were still bugging him about his phone records. He politely told them to fug off which he should of done in the first place.

#28 Raleighcat83

Raleighcat83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:07 PM

The reaction from actual UNC students/grads is much different than the reaction from tarheel bandwagoners. The latter group apparently only thinks widespread academic fraud matters if it causes the NCAA to take away some scholarships. Then again, if your degree is from a community college and your baby blue tshirt is from WalMart, thee's no reason to be embarrassed about this.

#29 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,034 posts
  • Location704

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:19 PM

The reaction from actual UNC students/grads is much different than the reaction from tarheel bandwagoners. The latter group apparently only thinks widespread academic fraud matters if it causes the NCAA to take away some scholarships. Then again, if your degree is from a community college and your baby blue tshirt is from WalMart, thee's no reason to be embarrassed about this.

They sell carolina gear at Wal-Mart? Nice. No more $70 golf shirts for Mr.Touchdown.

The only thing about this that's embarrassing is I always have some fat drunk redneck get in my face talking about this. Go pull for the gamecocks and brush your teeth while you're at it. Like they even went to college. Or some Duke fan talking sh1t. Duke fans talking sh1t about football - that's rich. Or some yankee who would probably be pulling for Rutgers or BC if they hadn't moved down here 19 years ago. State fans have to strike while the iron is hot. Basketball season will be here before we know it.

Please note: "thee" should only be used in a sentence if you live in England during the 1800s.
Maybe your degree is from a community college?

#30 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:26 PM

Unless this spreads to other departments, no. If you majored in AFAM at UNC, then yeah your degree is somehow more useless now than it was a few months ago.

Now if this scandal spreads outside the AFAM and athletic departments, then yes UNC has some serious problems. Otherwise- I mean I care about it, I just cant bring myself to care that much. The majority of the football/ basketball players are there to play sports, not go to class. And that is not going to change unless you go ivy league style and get rid of athletic scholarships

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.