UNC Posts Julius Peppers Transcript

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#41 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:05 AM

I'm sure every school in this country have had athletes (and non-athletes for that matter) that have cheated.

I'm sure very few schools have had a school wide, university backed system in place to push athletes through school with the sole purpose of keeping them eligible.

#42 JTL1230

JTL1230

ROOKIE

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:23 AM

"Ivys" don't sell their souls and they hold academics to a higher standard. If anything this proves how unIvy UNC really is

I wouldn't compare UNC to some Ivys, but it is certainly on a tier with Michigan, UCLA, UVA etc.

Actually I'd say the average student probably does better at an Ivy and it has nothing to do with intelligence. In retrospect from a bunch of my Ivy buddies those schools do a MUCH better job at counseling incoming freshmen. Basically, your course load for the first year, maybe 2 is totally mandatory and predetermined. I took 17 hours of god knows what my first semester at Chapel Hill and started in a hole because of it. That never happens in a more structured setting.

Columbia tops you out at 12 hours the first semester I think.

#43 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• LocationNC
HUDDLER

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:51 AM

Stop trying to expose my school for academic fraud!

#44 Raleighcat83

Raleighcat83

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:20 PM

I think it's pathetic that State fans keep trying to dig this stuff up. Don't be mad because your basketball team has sucked since, well, Valvano. So, scraping and clawing to stay on top of UNC in football isn't going to help your overall cause. It truly is pathetic. I grew up a fan of players... I actually hated UNC as a kid because everyone and their mom loved them. I ended up going there for my education and it IS a prestigious public university. It is considered a 'public ivy.' What a few athletes did, most, if not all of whom, had no aspirations of applying their education in life after they left the school does not automatically cast the same dark shadow on the vast majority of the student body.

Ask any non-athletes at UNC what kind of experience it was. Ask any non-revenue generating student athlete what their experience was like. The football players who were "tutored" through their university experience are by far the exception, not the norm.

I'm so serious man... I've never seen so much childish and immature potshotting from people who claim to be adults over something they have no hand in anyway... It's just stupid. Grow up. Athletes cheated... SHOCKING! I'm sure State has never had any violations and have been clean throughout their entire history of student athletics.

When it comes down to it, I'm a fan of all the local teams. In fact, I pulled for State growing up more than the other two big schools... But, I'm tired of having my school trashed by lifeless idiots and all of this immaturity. There was some dirt going on, people paid for it, people were fired. Good. Let's move on.

Please. Don't act like UNC fans wouldn't do the exact same thing if evidence of cheating by State was coming out. Anywhere in the country where two schools this big, this close to each other, who play each other in football and basketball, there's gonna be this kind of fan sniping. Alabama fans still give Auburn fans crap about Newton. Florida fans still talk about "Free Shoes University". If posters on this board had been the ones to uncover the Saints* bounty scandal, we'd be patting ourselves on the back and celebrating just like everyone at PackPride is. I'm sure it sucks to have to deal with bad news about your school's academic scandal that keeps getting dug up by your rivals after your IT professionals leave sensitive data laying around on public websites, but maybe you should be mad at the administration there for A)cheating and B)not doing a better job of covering up the cheating. But don't pretend State fans are doing anything different than what any other's schools fans would do, and don't pretend UNC fans wouldn't be gloating if they brought down the athletic department at State or Duke the same way.

#45 Niner National

Niner National

HUDDLER

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:26 PM

Seems to be getting pretty serious.

I wonder how much longer the NCAA can ignore it. It's not going away.

#46 PantherBrew

PantherBrew

Educated White Trash

SUPPORTER

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:35 PM

"
North Carolina cheated and prospered, now it's time for reckoning"

http://t.co/FqTX9NqV

#47 4Corners

4Corners

2014 Huddle Poster of the Year.

• Location704
HUDDLER

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:36 PM

Should be there's, not thee's. Was typing on an iPad. Basketball season can't be coming too soon, it usually starts about 3 weeks after the annual beating of UNC in football, and that hasn't happened yet. Congrats on that expensive golf shirt though, you must be the very classiest of the bandwagoners.

I'm just breaking your balls about the typo. I have to type from an ipad sometimes and I know exactly what you mean.

Every team has bandwagoners and trashy fans. There's nothing I can do about it and really no part arguing about it.

#48 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• LocationNC
HUDDLER

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:36 PM

Its hilarious to see unc fans still saying that it's a non story

#49 4Corners

4Corners

2014 Huddle Poster of the Year.

• Location704
HUDDLER

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:46 PM

Again, nothing has been verified. Sad day in professional sports journalism when a message board post can turn into a national story. The troll should release his name so he can be sued for libel when nothing comes of this.

Also, I'm not going to deny that there probably was some shady stuff going on with some of the academia departments - in particular African American studies. It happens too often at schools for me to say other wise. I think most of us posting in this thread, despite which side of the fence your on, attended a university and probably participated in some questionable/unethical stuff yourselves. I did. I always talked to my friends and used my resources to find which professors were easier (especially in classes like biometry, statistics, research methods, etc) and which classes to take. I even cheated once or twice. Everyone does it once or twice or wish that they had.

The AA studies dept at UNC has already been flagged, and maybe Diddy or TLE can tell you more about it, as operating/grading unethically. If more comes of this, the liberal arts/AA studies chair AS WELL AS the pain in my ass Chancellor Holden Thorpe should be held responsible. As we've watch unfold the past year from other controversies those people sure as hell know what is going on.

I as a die hard Heels fan would strongly consider a few more infractions on the FB side of things if it meant Thorpe would be removed.

#50 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

Moderators

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:47 PM

Boom!

It's time for the NCAA to start digging. In the meantime, North Carolina should get a head start on some of its own chores.
For starters? There are some banners at the Smith Center that need to come down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users