111 replies to this topic

#106 Raleighcat83

Raleighcat83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:03 AM

Y'all still talking about this huh?

Why don't you Statefags worry about Purvis who may be ruled academically ineligible this season.

More proof state fans more concerned about Carolina than their own team.

We care quite a bit about our own program. Most of the conversations I have with other students/grads are about State's prospects, not UNC. But you probably notice conversations about UNC more than the "I wonder if we can establish our run game against the interior of Tennessee's defensive line" conversation. So you may not be getting a good sample of what State fans actually care about.

#107 Raleighcat83

Raleighcat83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:08 AM

Why is this even a class? All of these things should be covered during Freshman orientation. No wonder state was ranked as one of the least rigorous colleges in the country.

All NC State students take a 1 credit class that doesn't count toward GPA that goes over basic policies, study habits,etc. the exact contents depend on which one you take, I took M100 because I was in the Poole College of Management, so lots of leadership and diversity BS. Busywork. It's not a very rigorous course. But it's one credit hour, out of 120+ required to graduate, so it doesn't exactly define one's academic career.

#108 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,140 posts
  • Location704

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:40 AM

Just saw on twitter that a Raleigh news station is reporting that Tyler Purvis has been cleared to attend classes and practice with the team.

Oh, almost forgot this part, he has in fact been ruled academically ineligible and WILL NOT play this season

Gott has already appealed and waiting to hear back from NCAA.

Maybe NC State should look into adding a few African-American studies courses to their curriculum. LOL.

#109 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,734 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:28 AM

Just saw on twitter that a Raleigh news station is reporting that Tyler Purvis has been cleared to attend classes and practice with the team.

Oh, almost forgot this part, he has in fact been ruled academically ineligible and WILL NOT play this season

Gott has already appealed and waiting to hear back from NCAA.

Maybe NC State should look into adding a few African-American studies courses to their curriculum. LOL.

I think you just insulted UNC

#110 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,734 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:29 AM

I think you just insulted UNC

Again you just care about the unc sports teams and not anything regarding their academics.

#111 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,980 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:11 PM

Who is Tyler Purvis?

#112 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER