Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

And so it begins....Newton vs Luck

120 posts in this topic

Posted

From the highlights I saw, Luck seems to be as good as advertised. The ball just looks perfect coming out of his hand. I would be very optimistic if I were Indy.

As far as comparing him to Cam Cam Bam Bam? Holla at me when Luck breaks off a 50 yard TD run and outruns a NFL secondary.

Posted

Ryan leaf's first preseason game: 14 of 19 2 TDs 0 INTs ALL HAIL THE PRESEASON!

5 people like this

Posted

As far as comparing him to Cam Cam Bam Bam? Holla at me when Luck breaks off a 50 yard TD run and outruns a NFL secondary.

Or drags one 15 yards into the endzone like Cam did to Tampa Bay.

1 person likes this

Posted

i'm looking forward to several newton v. luck superbowls.

Posted

oohweemayne The kid played great! I would never have guessed he was a rookie. Honestly, I didn't believe the Luck hype until I saw him yesterday. Yes, it was against the Rams, but it was also his first start in the NFL. Wow, just WOW.

Newton vs Luck is going to be talked about for years to come!! Hopefully they will meet in a Superbowl or 2

Posted

luck is amazing. miles ahead of RG3 and it isnt even close. The Panthers/Colts are set at QB for a looong time.

Posted

Ryan leaf's first preseason game: 14 of 19 2 TDs 0 INTs ALL HAIL THE PRESEASON!

And no I'm not saying he's ginna be the next Ryan leaf I'm just saying its his first preseason game and people need to stop jumping to damn conclusions especially against a kindergarten secondary like the rams

Posted

So it Begins ...

Newton is No Reflection on Luck or Vice Versa. The real problem for Luck (when the season starts) will be that Re-Built Line. There is No Continuity. Once teams start Game Planning and NFL Blitz Packages and Coverages ... Then Let's See If He is in the Payton Manning - Cam Newton Rookie Season Talk.

I am a football fan through and through. The Panthers are My Team. I do like certain players on other teams. Andrew Luck may be everything the Sports News has told us for 3+years. I don't cheer for any player to fail. I think good players make the League better. I just wish ESPN, Sporting News, NFLN and All the Other Talking Heads Would Wait Until, at least, the 3rd or 4th Week of the Season until they even entertain Any of this talk about what Luck or RG3 or Tannyhill or Any of these Rookie QB's and Draft Picks will be in THIS LEAGUE. After all; These are the Same People Who Told the Whole World ... Cam Newton Will Be the Biggest Bust in the History of the NFL. So WTF Do They Really Know?

Posted

While I'm sure Luck will be the next Manning type QB for the Colts. He was playing against the Rams D. Enough said. LOL

2011 NFL defenses

Rams # 22

Panthers # 28

just sayin

Posted

2011 NFL defenses

Rams # 22

Panthers # 28

just sayin

Wait, so because they were ranked higher than an absolutely awful Panthers squad they are a good defense? Is that your point? Otherwise your pointing out the comparison is absolutely pointless.

Posted

Luck's first TD was a glorified handoff. The second one was a great throw. But he was playing the 2nd team by that point, nobody was within three feet of the receiver.

I'll withhold judgment until. . .you know. . .the games actually mean something.

Posted

http://www.nfl.com/v..._content_stream

After one preseason game, they are already saying Luck can beat Newtons' 4,000+ yard season (just passing).

Welcome to having a QB that rewrote the rookie record book. Its difficult to know how to act but when you're confused just ask one of the ones whose figured out how to handle it.

These comparisons will be made EVERY season until someone breaks Cams records.

1 person likes this